Crowing Hen

when does the payment reset to zero?

I'm trying to understand better how to get the money from my account here.

I think I reached the limit before the end of two months ago, but I wasn't sure.  But in June, I definitely exceeded the minimum amount for payment.  Am I supposed to be doing something to get the money?  I've set up the tax thing and the payment details.  It says it should reset the counter to zero and pay me in about 2 weeks... but do I get any clue now that I'm going to get paid.

I'm hesitant to upload more if I'm not going to get paid.  

You don't have request a payment, you will get paid automatically once you've reached the minimum payout amount at the end of each month. You will see the counter reset and you'll get an email to say how much you are being paid, you get paid about 2 weeks into the month.

You will get paid, it sounds like you have set everything up ok, but I would just check that you have set the minimum payment to what you prefer. The minimum amount is $35 but there are other amounts above this that you can choose too. If you have yours set to one of these higher levels that might be why you haven't received your payment yet. You receive everything you've earned up to the last day of the month.
I expect you are just being a little impatient though, the counter reset takes a few days and the actual payment takes a few weeks. If you need to reset your payout level you'll have to wait until the next payout at the end of this month (so getting paid mid Aug).

My counter has reset. The actual payment usually happens about a week into the month, but in the TOS they say it can be as late as the 15th. This month, payment will likely get delayed a tad because of July 4th weekend, holiday in US. Patience, people.

Still no reset.

The thing is, I'm certain I got past the minimum before the start of June.  Which means I would have been paid last month?

How can I tell if there's something wrong with the way I've set things up?

40 minutes ago, Crowing Hen said:

How can I tell if there's something wrong with the way I've set things up?

When you go from your dashboard to "account settings" and look at "payout information", do you have a payment method and a valid email address set up? Is your minimum payout amount set for the minimum?

21 minutes ago, Milo J said:

When you go from your dashboard to "account settings" and look at "payout information", do you have a payment method and a valid email address set up? Is your minimum payout amount set for the minimum?

The email and payment type are correct.  

I'm just wondering if it's something to do with not being a US resident/citizen?  Do I have to do some special step?

35 minutes ago, Crowing Hen said:

I'm just wondering if it's something to do with not being a US resident/citizen?  Do I have to do some special step?

Make sure all the requirements for taxes are correct, otherwise you won't get paid.

Thank you.

I reviewed the tax form and it looks like I had a PO box and it wanted a house address.  

So I'm guessing I won't get paid this month either because I made a mistake.  I'll wait till next month.  

But I don't want to upload more until I can see the money in my account.  

Along with making sure your tax forms are correct like the others said, make sure your minimum payment is set to $35. You said you have the other 'payment information' correct, but you haven't mentioned that you have that set up right (unless I missed it).

There are issues with some countries having a long delay with first payouts because of scams or something, but I think you are in UK aren't you, so that wouldn't apply. Sorry I have a hopeless memory!

I'm in Canada.  We're a very troublesome country.  😄

I left the payment set to 35 and the place where it's going is correct.  I think it was the wrong address on the tax form that might have done it.  I hope that is what it was.  

I didn't think it would be this difficult to get paid.  I wish there was some obvious sign that said "Well Done, you reached the minimum amount.  We want to give you money so you can keep submitting more photos - but you forgot to do Z U and X.  Do these things and money will arrive next month."  Sigh.  But I'm hopeless with computers.  

2 minutes ago, Crowing Hen said:

I'm in Canada.  We're a very troublesome country.  😄

I left the payment set to 35 and the place where it's going is correct.  I think it was the wrong address on the tax form that might have done it.  I hope that is what it was.  

I didn't think it would be this difficult to get paid.  I wish there was some obvious sign that said "Well Done, you reached the minimum amount.  We want to give you money so you can keep submitting more photos - but you forgot to do Z U and X.  Do these things and money will arrive next month."  Sigh.  But I'm hopeless with computers.  

😂 

Hopefully it was just the tax form and you have that sorted now. Got my fingers crossed for you!

On 7/2/2020 at 2:52 PM, Linda Bestwick said:

😂 

Hopefully it was just the tax form and you have that sorted now. Got my fingers crossed for you!

Doesn't seem to have reset.  

I sent them a query to find out what I've done wrong.

um, wow!  

fastest help reply ever.

improving my opinion of SS.

Apparently it hasn't reset yet and the email hasn't gone out.  Fingers crossed!  

2 hours ago, Crowing Hen said:

um, wow!  

fastest help reply ever.

improving my opinion of SS.

Apparently it hasn't reset yet and the email hasn't gone out.  Fingers crossed!  

Yes, for July's payment the total should reset to $0 in the next few days, then we get paid around the 15th Aug. 
Didn't you get paid in July for June's earnings though? You thought you had reached the payout level then didn't you?
If you have your minimum payout set to $35 and you've been over that in July then it should reset and you should get the payment. If not there is deffo a problem. But hopefully things go through ok this time! 🤞

Yes, I think I reached the min in May, but I didn't keep a record.  I know I reached it in June.

Everyone else seems to have no problem being paid, so I suspect it's not a problem with SS.  It's probably user error.  But I don't know enough about American paperwork to understand where my error is.  It says my tax form is accepted.  But then again, it said it was accepted back when I put my PO box as my address, which on re-reading the instructions, I can see won't work.  

I got more reply from SS help so I'm going to try to figure out what it means so I can follow their instructions.  If I figure out what I did wrong, I'll share here for the next Canadian having the same issue.  

Just wanted to let you know that my earnings have reset now. No email, just the reset, thought you might want to know. They will most likely be staggered, but you should expect yours to reset soon if it hasn't already.

8 minutes ago, Linda Bestwick said:

Just wanted to let you know that my earnings have reset now. No email, just the reset, thought you might want to know. They will most likely be staggered, but you should expect yours to reset soon if it hasn't already.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mine reset.  Does a happy dance!
(double checks the paypal is correct - yes!  continues happy dance)

I haven't been doing much stock photography because I was worried I wouldn't get paid.  If it works out, then I want to do some experiments to see if the new pricing structure works for me or if it's not a good fit.  

1 hour ago, Crowing Hen said:

Thanks for the heads up.

Mine reset.  Does a happy dance!
(double checks the paypal is correct - yes!  continues happy dance)

I haven't been doing much stock photography because I was worried I wouldn't get paid.  If it works out, then I want to do some experiments to see if the new pricing structure works for me or if it's not a good fit.  

That's great news! :D