In one word: terrible. Shaping up to be my worst month since last November. Number of DLs down about 20% and $ is down 40 % relative to June (which wasn't exactly a stellar month either!). Not sure if it's Corona, a summer lull, the new pay structure (or a combination), but it ain't pretty. 

On 7/11/2020 at 7:40 AM, Steven Tritton said:

Just when I thought at the end of a grinding slow week about to go into hibernation for the weekend, suddenly AS bursts to life with a $62.70 commission on an image sale. I actually thought it was a video sale at first. Either way certainly helps to boost dopamine and serotonin levels on an otherwise overcast cold morning in the nation's capital.    

Wow! I had my first ever (two) DL's this week in AS but were only 0.23 & 0.31 .. is this normal royalty they pay for an image?

11 minutes ago, McOwenLevi said:

Wow! I had my first ever (two) DL's this week in AS but were only 0.23 & 0.31 .. is this normal royalty they pay for an image?

The most common royalties for image dls for me on AS are 0.33, 0.66 and 0.99. The one for 62.70 was my biggest ever sale earnings on a single product on any platform and an image at that. 

24 minutes ago, McOwenLevi said:

9 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

The most common royalties for image dls for me on AS are 0.33, 0.66 and 0.99.

I think AS has a tier systems as well. I seem to be in the same tier as Steven, getting mostly $0.33, $0.66 and $0.99. Beyond that, many other amounts possible.

1 hour ago, Steven Tritton said:

The most common royalties for image dls for me on AS are 0.33, 0.66 and 0.99. The one for 62.70 was my biggest ever sale earnings on a single product on any platform and an image at that. 

I checked AS's royalty rates structure and seems like mine were below the minimum subscription royalty amounts. Could be because I'm new to AS and/or its my first DL's?  Hmmm.. anyway, I won't complain.. its still better than 0.10c/image. 😁

1 hour ago, Milo J said:

I think AS has a tier systems as well. I seem to be in the same tier as Steven, getting mostly $0.33, $0.66 and $0.99. Beyond that, many other amounts possible.

You're right. As I checked, AS's minimum sub royalty rate is 0.33/image (both my DL's were lower than min.).  I don't know why but I don't really mind. Its just my first DLs anyways.

On 7/30/2020 at 4:09 AM, Milo J said:

In Fotolia times there was an 8-tiered ranking. This no longer exists.

Instead, there is a 3-level model for the remuneration of subscriptions.

lifetime downloads:
0 - 999 = $ 0,33
1.000 - 9.999 = $ 0,36
10,000 or more = $0.38

https://helpx.adobe.com/de/stock/contributor/help/royalty-details.html

My hope that the commission structure would have little impact on income was dashed in July.  The changes had little effect on June but I've never seen an income below $100 yet.  ouch.

July.jpg

Sorry to hear that, @balajisrinivasan - how does it compare to the last 12 months? Was May a normal month for you or an outlier like mine?

For me, July ended up being not all that bad, due to a lot of nice ODDs coming in in the last week or so, which brought my RPD for just images to $0.60 - same as July of last year. Note that this is without any large SODs (biggest one was $1.20). But there was one EL for 30 bucks. Without it, RPD for images would have been $0.47, which is still not that bad.

Overall RPD was $0.82, which shows you that I got absolutely clobbered on video sales. (RPD of $5.67!!! I used to always get around $18 before the subscription models, Projector deals and reduced commission)

1639341110_ScreenShot2020-08-01at7_26_02AM.png.b42f02e37792723091308c4eb0d1bbf5.png

All that said, my loss under the new earning structure was 28% last month. Haven't done the math for July. But SS still beat AS by a large margin, so I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet.

AS took a total nosedive for me in July. More competition maybe, from all the folks who have recently fled over there?

1924898348_ScreenShot2020-07-29at7_16_27PM.png.22725311af31b4b7d6d1ee704be534cb.png

@Doug Jensen  - did you still manage to escape the curse of the Dollar Video club? Would you be willing to share your stats? As you remained in the same commission level, whatever loss you have would be completely due to the new pricing models.

18 minutes ago, Milo J said:

Sorry to hear that, @balajisrinivasan - how does it compare to the last 12 months? Was May a normal month for you or an outlier like mine?

It's kind of difficult for me to judge whether it was an outlier because my account here is still only 10 months old. But there was a steady growth in both downloads and revenue till mid-March and then it crashed downwards because of you-know-what towards the end of March and April. But May was a clear uptick and my revenue was more than February (which had been my best month till that point). In July, I had more downloads than ever before but my revenue was the second worst this year (after June).

I feel lucky to be out of step with the general mood of this thread.  I had plenty of 10 cent sales, but July sales were about $220; a long way off my BME but better than I expected with the current SS royalty schedules.  I had been thinking of pulling out of SS, but if this keeps up I will be staying.  So doom and gloom is not yet universal.

10 hours ago, Milo J said:

Sorry to hear that, @balajisrinivasan

>>

All that said, my loss under the new earning structure was 28% last month. Haven't done the math for July. But SS still beat AS by a large margin, so I'm not going to throw in the towel just yet.

AS took a total nosedive for me in July. More competition maybe, from all the folks who have recently fled over there?

1924898348_ScreenShot2020-07-29at7_16_27PM.png.22725311af31b4b7d6d1ee704be534cb.png

My numbers are very similar. June came in a couple of Bucks above May and July about the same as May. Number of DLs pretty steady month over month. And AS was very slow in July for me too. Worse than May and June (with considerably larger port size, though tiny in a global sense). So I am not feeling any traffic uptick at AS as a result of people "jumping ship" (?). Could be increased competition as suggested, or just the virus, or vacation season? Or just my bad luck at AS.

21 hours ago, Milo J said:

@Doug Jensen  - did you still manage to escape the curse of the Dollar Video club? Would you be willing to share your stats? As you remained in the same commission level, whatever loss you have would be completely due to the new pricing models.

In July I made $2756 on 142 sales. So that is less than $20 per sale, which is a significant drop from my average of over $30 per sale. However, 142 sales is about twice my average month, so of course that will bring the average commission down.  There were a few times during the month where I could see someone was coming through and scooping up 10-15 of my best clips all  at at once for just a few dollars.  Hard to watch happen, but July 2020 was up 18% over the same month last year, so hard to complain about it.  The monthly income is really the metric to watch and it is up.

2 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

In July I made $2756 on 142 sales. So that is less than $20 per sale, which is a significant drop from my average of over $30 per sale. However, 142 sales is about twice my average month

That is actually a bit of good news, it might mean that those cheap sales are on top of whatever we would get normally. I suspect we won't really know until the world in general goes back to normal.