10 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

32 downloads for $947.66.  That is an average of $29.61 per sale, which is 20% lower than my $36.38 average so far this year.

But I am ahead of my $100/day goal for the month.  My average is $101.15 per day since January 1st so I am still on track to meet my goal of $100 per day for the entire year. 

You are the exception that makes the rule. For me 4 video downloads for 3, 2.4, 2 and 2.5. 

20 hours ago, Patrick Cooper said:

I just received a $1.52 sale. Nice having a break from the usual $0.10c sales. I'm also less than a dollar away from my next payout. When that happens, I'll be disabling my ports and saying goodbye as a contributor here. 

It is the end of an era... I think we had a few replies/responses in some threads etc when you started out here. If I remember correctly you are from South Australia. 
And Have always seen and noted you in the forums. 

How the heck did you get this? It is awesome! 
https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1011679103-euplotes-sp-pauses-beneath-piece-vegetation-swims

I never really looked at doing video.. but when installing a new backup system and re-arranging all my hundreds of thousands of photos in a new file system, design files, terabytes of photoshop files...  etc... (took 4 weeks at 60 hours a week or more)... I realized just how many videos I have taken, when also taking photos.. But at the current less than $1 a video... I will just keep them for me, or a put on YouTube for others to enjoy. 

Stay positive Patrick, you obviously enjoy photographing and video a lot. (like I do)

22 minutes ago, Keith Tarrier said:

It is the end of an era... I think we had a few replies/responses in some threads etc when you started out here. If I remember correctly you are from South Australia. 
And Have always seen and noted you in the forums. 

How the heck did you get this? It is awesome! 
https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1011679103-euplotes-sp-pauses-beneath-piece-vegetation-swims

I never really looked at doing video.. but when installing a new backup system and re-arranging all my hundreds of thousands of photos in a new file system, design files, terabytes of photoshop files...  etc... (took 4 weeks at 60 hours a week or more)... I realized just how many videos I have taken, when also taking photos.. But at the current less than $1 a video... I will just keep them for me, or a put on YouTube for others to enjoy. 

Stay positive Patrick, you obviously enjoy photographing and video a lot. (like I do)

Oh the end of an era indeed. And yea that's right - I'm in South Australia. 

Thanks for the good words on the footage! That was just pure luck that I came across that organism. It was recorded through my compound microscope which was equipped with a 40x objective + 10x eyepiece = 400x magnification. If I recall correctly, I was viewing a sample of brackish water from the Chapman River on Kangaroo Island in SA. 

You could always upload your videos to Pond 5 and Adobe Stock. They pay decently for stock footage. 

I remember seeing your concert photos. You have some awesome images of KISS on stage. One of my favourite bands. I finally got a media pass to a big gig - an Alice Cooper show. That was shortly before the Coronavirus closed everything down. 

Just when I thought at the end of a grinding slow week about to go into hibernation for the weekend, suddenly AS bursts to life with a $62.70 commission on an image sale. I actually thought it was a video sale at first. Either way certainly helps to boost dopamine and serotonin levels on an otherwise overcast cold morning in the nation's capital.    

Wow, that's fantastic Steve. AS has not been good for me, whilst new, (I joined them in May), only 7 DLs in total, and nothing for the past 3 weeks... but you give me hope that all can change in the blink of an eye!!  Cold morning in Perth today too 🙂

@Shirley Cronin Thank you and yes got to persevere a bit with AS but the rewards eventually come. I started with AS (among others) in February 2019. I notice a bit of a pattern emerging on AS with every second month a good month and vice versa every second month a slow month. Even so I have a much smaller port there (less than half on SS) as they only accept commercial not editorial. With only starting in May and have 7 downloads so far... you're actually performing much better than my beginnings on the site so indeed keep going. 👌

On 7/10/2020 at 11:34 PM, Patrick Cooper said:

I remember seeing your concert photos. You have some awesome images of KISS on stage. One of my favourite bands. I finally got a media pass to a big gig - an Alice Cooper show. That was shortly before the Coronavirus closed everything down. 

Bummer on the AC... he is so cool to shoot. but here.. there was no 'pit' so we were WAY up the back.. thankfully big bands have very bright stage lights, so my Canon 70-200m 2.8, or my 150-500mm sigma worked wonders. 

Yes, KISS... not sure which photos of mine you saw.. my website? I have been photographing them, and current and former members since about 2003. Revamped my rock star website a few years ago.. but only got to go back until about 2013... a decade or so of photos still need to be added to the new gallery format.. if I ever get time. 

But we work with KISS and co... and they do wanna come back to Australia to make up for the cancelled late 2019 tour. I did see them in Japan after that... and I was in Australia for the KISS tour.. but I enjoy being home anyway. 

So fingers crossed... KISS will be back in OZ. if they do... Shoot me a message. I will see if I can get you a pass for Adelaide. 

3 minutes ago, Keith Tarrier said:

Bummer on the AC... he is so cool to shoot. but here.. there was no 'pit' so we were WAY up the back.. thankfully big bands have very bright stage lights, so my Canon 70-200m 2.8, or my 150-500mm sigma worked wonders. 

Yes, KISS... not sure which photos of mine you saw.. my website? I have been photographing them, and current and former members since about 2003. Revamped my rock star website a few years ago.. but only got to go back until about 2013... a decade or so of photos still need to be added to the new gallery format.. if I ever get time. 

But we work with KISS and co... and they do wanna come back to Australia to make up for the cancelled late 2019 tour. I did see them in Japan after that... and I was in Australia for the KISS tour.. but I enjoy being home anyway. 

So fingers crossed... KISS will be back in OZ. if they do... Shoot me a message. I will see if I can get you a pass for Adelaide. 

Ah I actually did get to photograph the Alice Cooper concert. I was in the media pit at the Adelaide Entertainment Center. An amazing experience. Almost surreal. Got to shoot the first four songs rather than the usual three. I have been an AC fan for a number of years and this was also my first concert of his that I attended. My only regret is that I didn't get to see the whole show. 

Oh those long lenses of yours sound ideal for shooting from the back of the crowd. I envy long and fast glass. 

Yea I saw a selection of of your KISS images that you posted here some time in the past. I'm not sure which tour it was but they looked like wide angle images. Very impressive work. 

And thankyou for the offer to shoot KISS if they come to Adelaide. I would definitely be super keen. 

7 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Ah I actually did get to photograph the Alice Cooper concert. I was in the media pit at the Adelaide Entertainment Center. An amazing experience. Almost surreal. Got to shoot the first four songs rather than the usual three. I have been an AC fan for a number of years and this was also my first concert of his that I attended. My only regret is that I didn't get to see the whole show. 

Oh those long lenses of yours sound ideal for shooting from the back of the crowd. I envy long and fast glass. 

Yea I saw a selection of of your KISS images that you posted here some time in the past. I'm not sure which tour it was but they looked like wide angle images. Very impressive work. 

And thankyou for the offer to shoot KISS if they come to Adelaide. I would definitely be super keen. 

Oh.. bummer you didn't see the whole show. I often exit the front of the stage, and watch from the side of the pit... often they let the media do this, as they may be also writing about the show.  At least you got to shoot it. AC is a cool show!! I know/known quite a few of his band members over the years. Were Chuck Garlic and Ryan Roxie in the band this year? Great guys! 

KISS shows... all lenses are good. At the Budokan, I have gone to the back, up into the stands... 2nd or 3rd floor and shot parts of the show as well, as I know what is coming up. Gene LOVES the shots from there as he breathes fire from his sword. A different angle from normal and get his entire body in the shots... 

Some of my photos here http://www.rockandrollallnite.com

23 minutes ago, Keith Tarrier said:

Oh.. bummer you didn't see the whole show. I often exit the front of the stage, and watch from the side of the pit... often they let the media do this, as they may be also writing about the show.  At least you got to shoot it. AC is a cool show!! I know/known quite a few of his band members over the years. Were Chuck Garlic and Ryan Roxie in the band this year? Great guys! 

KISS shows... all lenses are good. At the Budokan, I have gone to the back, up into the stands... 2nd or 3rd floor and shot parts of the show as well, as I know what is coming up. Gene LOVES the shots from there as he breathes fire from his sword. A different angle from normal and get his entire body in the shots... 

Some of my photos here http://www.rockandrollallnite.com

Oh yea I really wanted to stay for the whole show and see all the theatrical and vaudeville performances. Yea Ryan Roxie was there. And Nita Strauss - she was beautiful. They all looked like they were having a good time together on stage.

I see you know all the great vantage points for the KISS concerts. And I admit they are very theatrical shows as well. Yea I'm sure that Gene would be very happy with those elevated images of his fire breathing. I have to say great work once again. I remember some of those images from last time. 

So far July has been a good month for me. Very surprising considering the change in payment. The $0.10 sales are always disappointing, but I’m also getting more sales of $0.50 - $3.00. The result is that my average sale for July is currently $0.45, which is higher than the average of $0.36 for May and June.

I admit to being a bit perplexed as to why my sales have improved when clearly things have gotten worse for many other contributors. My subject matter might be in more demand in spring/summer. I also don’t shoot travel photography, which I would assume would be heavily impacted by the pandemic.

Nonetheless, I’m pleasantly surprised. I wasn’t planning to keep contributing to Shutterstock after the rate change. Now, I don’t know…

20 hours ago, muratart said:

Sales are great.... thanks Shutterstock

Sunday ........... $   93.46
Monday .......... $  132.20 ( until now)

I sold 2 more photos (10c+10c)

Monday ...........$  132.40

Meaning? Hard to understand your figures? How many actual sales took place to achieve these great numbers ...4?or have you put a whole lot of sales together?

2 hours ago, lonndubh said:

Meaning? Hard to understand your figures? How many actual sales took place to achieve these great numbers ...4?or have you put a whole lot of sales together?

We don't study statistics here... these statistics are enough ;)

23 hours ago, muratart said:

Sales are great.... thanks Shutterstock

Sunday ........... $   93.46
Monday .......... $  132.20 ( until now)

I sold 2 more photos (10c+10c)

Monday ...........$  132.40

It's interesting that, after you wrote that you'd made $225 in less than two days, from the beautiful and massive portfolio of over 40000 images, you felt the need to add the $0.2 that came in while typing. Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Half July and this is about to be a very bad month. Low number of downloads, only subs (except 1 SOD and 1 ODD) and mostly under 20 cents... 

I've got 2k pics here, and only 33 downloads so far for 8.60 USD. At AS, I've got only 300 pics but I've made 7 USD with 6 downloads. Well I'm going to focus on AS for the future...