Sign in to follow this  
engagestock

The before and After Post - It hurts. Bad.

So yeah. Ill let my image speak for me :( ... Im one of those who cant have the luxury of stoping my sales but this really hurts. So fee free to do the same to see if its only me. Take a look at the number of downloads .. I dont even want to think about january 2021 .. :(

This is my 2 months before 1 month after comparisson. Feel free to join.

Screenshot_20200630-225119_Contributor.thumb.jpg.540b0141f30ffc2dc76fce3600a50719.jpg

For me I had about 25% more sales than usual. But my earnings were 25% less. I thought I'd give it  a month to see what the results would be.

I haven't uploaded anything in a while as I've been to busy recently. My portfolio is small and my numbers are always small, but I need that extra bit of cash. Going forward I don't see myself having the motivation to upload here. I'll probably upload exclusively elsewhere and most likely disable sales here.

I'm curious if anyone who has already disabled their port has seen an increase in sales elsewhere?

How was june for you compared to may and april in money/downloads? ... I have a friend whos a big contribuitor (more than 6k videos and 10k images) and he is not exclusive so he is all over. He disabled his portfolio here until july and he says no impact on sales in other marketplace.. he thinks is a "different crowd" who shop in other agencies ..

2 hours ago, engagestock said:

So yeah. Ill let my image speak for me :( ... Im one of those who cant have the luxury of stoping my sales but this really hurts. So fee free to do the same to see if its only me. Take a look at the number of downloads .. I dont even want to think about january 2021 .. :(

Screenshot_20200630-225119_Contributor.thumb.jpg.540b0141f30ffc2dc76fce3600a50719.jpg

In your case you will possibly consider leaving the assets here but for anyone with lower earnings it makes little odds whether the files stay at SS or not.

1 hour ago, lonndubh said:

In your case you will possibly consider leaving the assets here but for anyone with lower earnings it makes little odds whether the files stay at SS or not.

Yeah .. im not uploading anymore though .. at least for the moment .. im too scared to invest money on models and shoots ... 😕

Actually, second best month of the year for photo with 177 usd... However, video sales completely stopped (12 usd vs 150 usd on average) as I mostly do travel. However, June was save by a very large SOD of 100 usd, if I remove the highest sale in the last two months, photo income is roughly -50%. Tough to judge the impact of the new structure as my sales are much lower than usually due to covid (would be only -30% without?). I keep my pf on sale, but also hasn't upload anything since 1 June. As a comparison, I made less than 40 usd on AS.

I have not had enough time here to draw sigificant comparisons - and May saw me get a $50 sale which has skewed my figures hugely (my graph is low low skyrise for May back to low only lower) but as a rough estimate my income per download has dropped by over 50% (and that was not counting Mays figures)

Average $$$. Average dls. Dollar amount is thanks to SOD and EL. Subs income down by 50%. RPI ODDs is very slightly better than before June but my ODDs sales seem to vary dramatically from month to month. Some months $50+ in ODDs and other months ~$15. Subs dls fairly constant at around 150/month so that's a loss of 50%.

Wait and see what happens this month.

NickPic010 2020-07-01, 12_18_01mod.jpg

I was heading for almost 50% drop in revenue until yesterday and few last minute sales meant it was 35% drop.

That was against an actual increase in image sales by around 20%

That said, next month I should hit payout and I'm officially out of here.

Maybe I got lucky this month.  I did have one $41 sale.  Still nothing to get excited about:

June.jpg

I ended up with exactly the same number of downloads in June as in May... 36 

Results below:

Earnings (Video)

May $385.55

June $126.20 That's a 67% drop in earnings for the same number of downloads!

The cut in my commission by 5% was certainly a factor,  but the real kick in the stomach has been the dramatic increase of the ridiculously low sale prices, like the $0.43 ones, of which I had many, 

I just hope the amount of these lowball prices is just a random blip, some promotion SS is running? Who knows what they do. I just hope things get back on track as $0.43 for a video regardless of the use is quite frankly a joke. 

image.png.59c22b5ffd8486214bd7464352263e09.png

23 hours ago, engagestock said:

Even with the reduction which "hurts", those are pretty impressive diwnload and $$$ earnings numbers for image and video ports under 300 files!  Congratulations!

For me, very little change in number of downloads from April to June, around 40 per month. 

Likewise, in $$ earnings, very little change from April to June, $20-$30 per month. 

I got lucky in March with 1 image sale of $103.17!  I'm due for some more luck.

If you really want to find out how bad it hurts, you have to do some math.

If I just look at my overall earnings, things don't seem too bad - June is not amazing, but not particularly bad either:

821039942_ScreenShot2020-07-01at7_36_13AM.png.3090669b9f339032e9c18b03864b1ba0.png

But this is what it WOULD HAVE looked like if it wasn't for the change:

1888025405_ScreenShot2020-07-01at8_12_10AM.png.2cb131d2fee27194dd84b93ead5a8a59.png

In other words, June would have been one of my best months (let's ignore May, as it is an outlier). So, the new payment structure cheated me out of this.

My loss on SUBs was 37%, no loss or gain on ODDs (literally just a few cents difference) and SODs, for which I would have earned a bit more, earned me basically the same, because they were all tiny. Loss on video: 33.3%.

Overall income loss was 29.3%  I'm level 4 by the way.

The only silver lining here for me is that thanks to whatever those ridiculous little streaming licenses are, I am now just 5 DLs away from the next video level, which will help stem some of the hemorrhaging in that department.

Am I going to pack it in? No. Can't afford to. A couple hundred bucks is still better than a stick in the eye, and I don't subscribe to the notion that customers will search the rest of the agencies for my stuff if I was to take it off here. Am I angry? Hell, yes. Demotivated? You bet. So, if SS was banking on people to work harder to create and upload fresh material, I think they shot themselves in the foot here.

21 hours ago, Yaorusheng said:

You still are lucky. For me :

May sales :475 USD.

June: 59 USD  !!!!! 

I had a quick look at your portfolio, the most popular images seem to be travel related... I am sure the current global situation for travel related work, sales, photos is way down. 

When the travel industry, and a country like Australia re-opens fully for travel, one would expect a boom in travel related images and videos. 

I also make custom book covers, fantasy and such, high detailed work. As so many people were/are at home during these troubles times, business is booming for self-published book covers... original covers I make, and people who buy one or two stock images to put on their cover.