Sign in to follow this  
Tawrat Ferdousi Branding

Adobe Contributor Experience

17 hours ago, Andi GreyScale said:

Seems like it. I uploaded several images last night and they were approved by lunch time today. Same thing happened last week too, and the month before that.

Usually it takes 3-4 days for me. Been with FT/AS since 2015.

But you're submitting illustrations aren't you? That's a different queue than photos. The one illustration I submitted there this week was reviewed within 24 hours as well.

I sell more on SS, but I make more on Adobe, now that SS has cut rates by 70%.  I used to make 25 cents on average on an SS sale.  On Adobe, I make 99 cents per sale on average.  So four sales on SS was equal to one sale and AS.  Now I have to have to make TEN sales on SS to match one on AS.  AS has picked up for me since SS decided to commit suicide by slow poisoning.  As people move to AS and the fresh stock dwindles on SS, AS will pick up new long term subscribers.  I feel SS will eventually change their mind, but I will not come back.  I believe in making money as much as the next guy, but I also believe in dealing with people that have some personal integrity that is a guiding factor.  SS has proven they lack all integrity and that they have no problem screwing their contributors royally if it will make them more money.  It will take one heck of a bleeding tears on their knees apology to regain my trust in them as humans.  

On 7/1/2020 at 6:21 AM, GregDPhotos said:

Usually 10-12 days for me. Used to be around 3 days; I've figured the delay has to do with COVID19 and/or increased volume from contributors migrating from SS.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:08 AM, Andi GreyScale said:

Seems like it. I uploaded several images last night and they were approved by lunch time today. Same thing happened last week too, and the month before that.

Usually it takes 3-4 days for me. Been with FT/AS since 2015.

There seems to be quite a difference in experiences over at AS. No idea why... hmm...  or could it be illustrations vs photos? Or vectors... Not much we can do about it though.

None of my uploads there are time sensitive, so any delay doesn't really matter. It is just nice to see your portfolio grow quickly, and of course hope something new sells too, to give you confidence in your work. 

Things on AS were going well until March... now I have 2 to 4 sales a week although most of them are  0.99. But at the moment I'm personally doing not well on AS.  Plus in June  I had my worst month ever on SS. So not uploading on SS but yes keep doing it on AS and Alamy.  consistently.

On 6/29/2020 at 8:31 AM, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

But I am constantly uploading content on Adobe both vector and video and still I got this result. very bad.

I have the same experience. I was having consistent sales on Adobe up to June 15. Not a single sale since then.

Shutterstock sales were good for June, the most sales I have had in one month. Despite the changein shutterstock fees, my average payment per image remained the same as for May ($0.36/image).

I really don't understand what is going on, but wonder if the two are linked. Have the reduced prices for Shuttertock cut into Adobe's sales?

I've made more with AS than SS consistently over the last 6 months. It's remarkable despite far fewer images and the limitations of Illustrative Editorials. 

15 hours ago, Ernie Cooper said:

I have the same experience. I was having consistent sales on Adobe up to June 15. Not a single sale since then.

Shutterstock sales were good for June, the most sales I have had in one month. Despite the changein shutterstock fees, my average payment per image remained the same as for May ($0.36/image).

I really don't understand what is going on, but wonder if the two are linked. Have the reduced prices for Shuttertock cut into Adobe's sales?

It is important to remember that although SS have reduced what they pay to contributors their front end prices to buyers have not changed - so there should not be any impact on Adobe sales.

6 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

It is important to remember that although SS have reduced what they pay to contributors their front end prices to buyers have not changed - so there should not be any impact on Adobe sales.

Good point. Thanks.

This is utter bs with drop to 10c per picture. Not going through hustle anymore  with submissions, unreasonable rejections and ridiculous payments. No more pictures for SS, rather will continue with  Adobe and Alamy, way less problems with submissions esp Alamy, it takes really whatever if quality fits.   

On 7/1/2020 at 2:05 PM, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

But you're submitting illustrations aren't you? That's a different queue than photos. The one illustration I submitted there this week was reviewed within 24 hours as well.

True, they are likely having to review more photo's than illustrations.

On 7/1/2020 at 8:31 PM, Keith Tarrier said:

There seems to be quite a difference in experiences over at AS. No idea why... hmm...  or could it be illustrations vs photos? Or vectors... Not much we can do about it though.

None of my uploads there are time sensitive, so any delay doesn't really matter. It is just nice to see your portfolio grow quickly, and of course hope something new sells too, to give you confidence in your work. 

Possibly, since I upload only illustrations.

I uploaded some commercial videos recently. Though this was the first time that I did not submit them to SS. They went to AS and P5. We'll see how long it will take for them to review them. 

I am on 9 different microstock agencies with the same basic catalog of images across all agencies. I've been selling stock photos since 2007. My sales have been steadily going up on Adobe for the past year.. As of  July 1st, Adobe became my top earning stock sales site displacing Shutterstock and Getty/istock (now #2.) I don't have a gigantic catalog of images, roughly 4,000, but Adobe has sweetened the pot by providing me with a free subscription to Creative Cloud for being a "top contributor."

I'm still in the process of moving my port to AS I no longer have anything on SS. As my port grows on AS so do my sales. The only loss I might have on AS is the loss of editorial images that I had on SS, having said that the bulk of my sales on SS were commercial ones. If SS had not changed I would not be on AS. So I just subbed one for another, who pays slightly better.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:34 PM, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

Do you think constant .10 c sells are depressing?

Than look at this.

On Adobe Stock I haven't had a single sell since 13 June.

---

You have to admit other microstock sites are shit

and that's why Shutterstock got the power to take this dicition.

--

After the BycottShutterstock trend I only given content to Adobe Stock 

and this is the result I have got.

And at the meantime with no new content and 0.10 c sell Shutterstock out performed..

--

Currently I have AVAILABLE EARNINGS $20.36 on Adobe Stock and on Shutterstock I have $24.56.

and I am getting constant sells on shutterstock on one single vector image.

--

Don't get me wrong. I am not supporting shutterstock's huge 0.10c sell

But you have to admit other sites are Shit as well.

Hash truth or realty you say.

--

Thanks. 

I am open to any kind of comment on this.

image.png.e7131a532c7abff866231fe94c423a94.png

Adobe also reject a lot of pics for intellectual property & unspecified technical reasons AND nearly every photo they rejected was accepted on here. To cap it all, I only had one sale on there in over 6 months..  They also don't accept editorial so are too limiting for many shooters 

On 7/6/2020 at 11:05 AM, Patrick Cooper said:

I uploaded some commercial videos recently. Though this was the first time that I did not submit them to SS. They went to AS and P5. We'll see how long it will take for them to review them. 

adobe take ages and ages

Just now, Tony Dunn said:

adobe take ages and ages

Indeed. Super long review times. They were eventually all accepted at both AS and P5. 

1 hour ago, Tony Dunn said:

Adobe also reject a lot of pics for intellectual property & unspecified technical reasons AND nearly every photo they rejected was accepted on here. To cap it all, I only had one sale on there in over 6 months..  They also don't accept editorial so are too limiting for many shooters 

Then again, I've had photos accepted on Adobe that were rejected on SS. Adobe is steady for me, better rate per download but nothing like the volume of downloads I get on SS.

My numbers since July 1:

At shutterstock I had 69% more downloads than AS, but 15% less revenue.

But I admit: The review at AS takes a very long time at the moment. Maybe this is due to a large amount of images that otherwise would have been uploaded at shutterstock and now end up at AS. But of course I don't know that.

@Patrick Cooper the review times (for me) didn't get ridiculously long until last month. Before then, they were quite reasonable. Anywhere from hours to a few days. So I'm inclined to think the slow down was more as a result of increased traffic there as contributors migrated over.

Adobe sales are definitely increasing for me as well, but still only 25-33% of what I get on SS, even after the changes last month. I had 594 downloads on SS where as I only had 186 downloads on Adobe. Granted, I have 16.5K images on SS and only 4.5K images on Adobe (since they don't take editorial). Only 57 downloads on DT with just over 7K images (they take editorial, but I didn't add all my images, just started with current and worked forward). So the mileage definitely varies from contributor to contributor on how they perform on the different platforms based more (IMO) on the variety of images and if they appeal to the customer base that that company attracts. And how well each image is keyworded of course. As we all know, one can have the best images, but if the customer can't find them, they aren't going to sell.

5 hours ago, Charles Lewis said:

Then again, I've had photos accepted on Adobe that were rejected on SS.

That's because they don't reject for ridiculous reasons like SS does. They are on the other hand very picky about blown out highlights, even if it is just the tiniest portion of the image.

Overall, AS and SS perform about the same for me. AS has better rates per download, but video sales are extremely rare over there for me, so clip sales on SS tend to make up the difference.

For me, I’ve only begun to  use AS recently and have started (with an exception or two) uploaded photos that have sold elsewhere so my port’s smaller there than here on SS. I started before the pandemic hit and noticed even then it seems to take longer to review photos than elsewhere. So as I work to slowly improve my skills and look take photos that aren’t of the “there are 1000,000 of X already here” variety, I’ll be in a better place to talk about how SS is doing relative to other sites. (so far SS has my biggest port, but want more comparable #s before I start to compare sites).

On 7/6/2020 at 6:50 AM, Andi GreyScale said:

True, they are likely having to review more photo's than illustrations.

Possibly, since I upload only illustrations.

A few weeks ago, I uploaded a batch of 12 photo's and one 'editorial' (a B&B sign on a house in UK from 40 years ago). The photo's took around 10 days whilst the 'editorial' took less than 12 hours.

Adobe gave me a free CC subscription for a year for being a top contributor. SS gave me a 62% cut in pay. I still make more on SS but that's getting close. The market for Micro is down.