Engel Ching

Youtube tutorial on how to rip videos and images from Shutterstock, is this a concern?

1 hour ago, engagestock said:

I went to the video and reported it as a fraud/scam .. posted a comment and the lowlife youtuber erased it .. thieves.

He said that he got the idea from another video.  It may be more prevalent than we know.

Report the video/channel on YouTube as fraud/scam as engagestock said. The more people that report stuff like this (there is and has been for years lots of these videos on how to steal our stock images) the more likely it is to be removed.

All media or serious advertising companies buy content. Agencies are focused on them. Illegal use in any case does not bring them money. It's just a given. No one's fighting it...

On 6/29/2020 at 9:19 AM, engagestock said:

I went to the video and reported it as a fraud/scam .. posted a comment and the lowlife youtuber erased it .. thieves.

I left a harsh comment myself. I know the youtuber will remove it but I'll post it again repeatedly every time he/she does.

By the way, how do you go about reporting a video on youtube? Ive never done that before. I thought I recall reading here that according to youtube's terms and conditions, there is a risk to your account when you report stolen content that's not your own or something like that. I don't remember the fine details.

3 hours ago, Patrick Cooper said:

I left a harsh comment myself. I know the youtuber will remove it but I'll post it again repeatedly every time he/she does.

By the way, how do you go about reporting a video on youtube? Ive never done that before. I thought I recall reading here that according to youtube's terms and conditions, there is a risk to your account when you report stolen content that's not your own or something like that. I don't remember the fine details.

I just reported this video on Youtube.  Click on the three dots to start the process, see snapshots below.

Untitled0.png

Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

Engel, thankyou for the instructions. However, there is this line here from youtube: "Youtube will only consider legal complaints when notified by the party in question or their authorized legal representative."

And I don't think we qualify as either. And I though I recall there were some potential repercussions in this case. 

Beside the fact this lowlife is stealing videos and photos, Shutterstock should be liable for insanely low security measures and protection. One can only wonder how much content was stolen this way in recent years. 

Shutterstock ought to crack down on this by their own. It only show that Youtube are not capable to deal with theft and other crimes on their own, they have to be forced to it. But naked people THAT they can remove at once and punish the user! Also seems like SS in general don’t care about theft, which I don’t understand .. 😡