Sign in to follow this  
David Moreno Hernandez

How much should I be paid for a video that was bought to be used in a volkswagen TV ad?

19 hours ago, David Moreno Hernandez said:

So finally I found my video on TV. It was not an advert of volkswagen as I thought first. I guess the volkswagen one was the next. Thing is it is a short advert of a3media a TV producer company in my country. 

It is the first one:

Just 5 sec. My footage is full size though. So I guess they bought either HD or 4k.

Nevertheless, despite getting in contact with SS several times all they say is that my clip has being used accordingly to the bought license. "
" The customer licensed your clip with a Media License, which permits advertising on TV" 

Were those three clips yours? Nice! 👍 All of them.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:25 AM, David Moreno Hernandez said:

If you take a look at Alexander post above it states standard licenses don't cover TV commercials.

True, but again, the standard license is $79. You received more than that, so it wasn't a standard license.

7 hours ago, Milo J said:

True, but again, the standard license is $79. You received more than that, so it wasn't a standard license.

May not be a standard license. But I still can not believe such a price for a using a video in a TV commercial. It is insane. I just don't get how they are earning money selling at these prices. I am also getting 0.77 $ clips so they are receiving 3 $ for a footage instead of the normal price and they are OK with that.