Sign in to follow this  
Tawrat Ferdousi Branding

How to take take advantage of new payment system? is it Possible?

Hello,

I wants to know how to take advantage of new payment structure and earn more?

Is it possible? is there any hope?

Anyone out there having success with this new payment system? :)

Is it possible or its just a day dream? 😓

Thanks for your time.

:)

If you manage to have a large number of downloads, you will advance to the higher levels so theoretically, you will earn more that way. However, many people who are on those higher levels right now are saying that they still receive lots of $0.10c sales anyway. So the question is - is it really worth it?

22 hours ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

Hello,

I wants to know how to take advantage of new payment structure and earn more?

Is it possible? is there any hope?

Anyone out there having success with this new payment system? :)

Is it possible or its just a day dream? 😓

Thanks for your time.

:)

Upload as usual and hope that you get some $.40, $.42, $.48 and $.56 subs to balance out the $.10s and $.11s. 

How much we get depends on the customer's subscription plan and license.  We have no control over that.  All we can do is roll the dice and hope.

I have been getting higher priced subs in addition to $.10 and $.11 subs.  It's making my overall earnings pretty much the same as before the switch.

Maybe if you do very high volume editorial or walk around snapshots with your phone. No carefully planned shootings, no expenses for models, make up, location fees. No post processing.

Just point, click and upload in high volume.

I think then it might be profitable. 

Basically Shutterstock changed their business model completly. Especially with the yearly reset, there isn‘t much incentive to invest in shootings.

If you look at forum comments, those most positive are people with very, very large editorial ports or literally walk around snapshots ports.

Personally I am going to wait to see what happens in the next months, while I focus uploading elsewhere. If the yearly reset stays and the rate card is not improved, then I think Shutterstock might be my editorial port, maybe with a few older files or outtakes mixed in.

And for that it might actually work, while the work that is expensive to produce or simply needs a lot of post processing will go to other agencies.

But my main attention and also recommendation to customers will be the agencies that give a much better return.

2 hours ago, Jasmin Awad said:

Maybe if you do very high volume editorial or walk around snapshots with your phone. No carefully planned shootings, no expenses for models, make up, location fees. No post processing.

Just point, click and upload in high volume.

I think then it might be profitable. 

Basically Shutterstock changed their business model completly. Especially with the yearly reset, there isn‘t much incentive to invest in shootings.

If you look at forum comments, those most positive are people with very, very large editorial ports or literally walk around snapshots ports.

Personally I am going to wait to see what happens in the next months, while I focus uploading elsewhere. If the yearly reset stays and the rate card is not improved, then I think Shutterstock might be my editorial port, maybe with a few older files or outtakes mixed in.

And for that it might actually work, while the work that is expensive to produce or simply needs a lot of post processing will go to other agencies.

But my main attention and also recommendation to customers will be the agencies that give a much better return.

Unfortunately, I feel the same way.  I plan to keep an eye on earnings here, which are still trickling in, while I work a steady job (thank God IT'S still there) and produce audiobooks, but I've pretty much stopped contributing to all stock agencies. 

Even with minimal effort capturing and post-processing the content, one still has to put in the same amount of time and effort generating the metadata, captions and keywords, which takes the most time and effort.  The return doesn't justify the effort anymore.

Maybe once this bloody COVID-19 thing passes, we'll see some sense of normalcy returning, in all businesses.