Sign in to follow this  
UA_pm

SKY photos rejected as Similar Content: This content is too similar to another image or clip that has already been submitted or published.

Back in the old days they had a rejection type "low commercial value", and most of the time cloud / sky images would get that rejection -- because there are so many of them in the database that adding more to the selection just didn't make any sense.

Seems like this "similar" rejection is for the same exact purpose.

I submitted two images of the same subject but from different angles. They rejected one saying similar content. They didn’t give me a choice as to which one I wanted in my portfolio, they chose. Both were accepted at other agencies. 

2 minutes ago, TD Dolci said:

I submitted two images of the same subject but from different angles. They rejected one saying similar content. They didn’t give me a choice as to which one I wanted in my portfolio, they chose. Both were accepted at other agencies. 

yes they gave you the choice, you should have uploaded your best work  

I did. You never know what a customer might want. Either could have met the needs of a buyer. As I said, a different angle, a different image. 

On 6/28/2020 at 10:09 PM, oleschwander said:

Congrats. But you CAN ruin your sales by uploading more of the same ...!

No thay completely different.

On 6/29/2020 at 2:45 AM, TD Dolci said:

you can delete approved image and upload rejected )

Hm....rejected 17 from 17 images...

It is rediculous!

Also two last review was made for MINUTES from beeng submited.

I think it is new policy for SS :

maximum rejections => minimum contributors levels => minimum payouts (0.10$ for picture ahaha)

=

PROFIT

2 minutes ago, UA_pm said:

Hm....rejected 17 from 17 images...

It is rediculous!

Also two last review was made for MINUTES from beeng submited.

I think it is new policy for SS :

maximum rejections => minimum contributors levels => minimum payouts (0.10$ for picture ahaha)

=

PROFIT

Only two of my last 15 have been rejected and the reviewer was right for both of them. I corrected - in one case took another shot - resubmitted and both were accepted.

21 hours ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Because it's highly likely that the model would recognise herself.

Because it's highly unlikely that he had a model topless on a mountain and forgot the release, if that's actually his photo.

46 minutes ago, Clupeidae said:

Because it's highly unlikely that he had a model topless on a mountain and forgot the release, if that's actually his photo.

Are you realy think that MR for this photo is needed? 😱

Images of wolf spiders swimming in water (or engaged in any type of aquatic activity) are not overly common. In addition to that, capturing such activity outdoors at night with off-camera flash while manually focusing on the spider while it was swimming across the water surface is no easy feat. I guess you weren't fortunate (or skilled enough) to capture the same kind of imagery yourself. 

Oh and by the way, that photo was accepted at all the agencies that I submitted it to (including the ones with strict reviewers like Adobe Stock.) No rejections at all. 

Perhaps you had better lift your game.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:52 AM, Patrick Cooper said:

Images of wolf spiders swimming in water (or engaged in any type of aquatic activity) are not overly common. In addition to that, capturing such activity outdoors at night with off-camera flash while manually focusing on the spider while it was swimming across the water surface is no easy feat. I guess you weren't fortunate (or skilled enough) to capture the same kind of imagery yourself. 

Oh and by the way, that photo was accepted at all the agencies that I submitted it to (including the ones with strict reviewers like Adobe Stock.) No rejections at all. 

Perhaps you had better lift your game.

UA_pm is Just a troll

Don't expect sympathy re. rejections here. 80% forum members here have 100%+ (!) acceptance rate and to that everything is sub-par. Even if rejected in 5 seconds after upload. In the past two - three months rejections became so ridiculous that I didn't even bother even before the pay cut in June. Let alone now. Why would I spend even 1 minute hoping for a 10 cent pay??!

On 7/5/2020 at 11:43 AM, Patrick Cooper said:

Looks like you have an issue with facts. Sorry that your offended by the truth.

I was agreeing you are right, UA_pm is a troll.