Sign in to follow this  
Nirdesha Munasinghe

What's the deal with new royalities

I'm sorry guys this sounds like I have just crawled out from under a rock. In fact I have. 

Can someone please tell me what's going on with the new pricing model? It says I'm at level 2 and my royalties are so low for subscriptions. Is there a place I can read up or can a kind soul please explain it to me briefly? 

1 minute ago, Nirdesha Munasinghe said:

I'm sorry guys this sounds like I have just crawled out from under a rock. In fact I have. 

Can someone please tell me what's going on with the new pricing model? It says I'm at level 2 and my royalties are so low for subscriptions. Is there a place I can read up or can a kind soul please explain it to me briefly? 

3 hours ago, Nirdesha Munasinghe said:

I'm not selling videos. 

Sorry, Nirdesha,

obviously I have posted the wrong link. 

Adrienne's link to the "new earnings structure for Contributors" is the link I intended to post here...

9 hours ago, Nirdesha Munasinghe said:

At level 2, you get a 20% royalty on photo sales, with a minimum payout of 10 cents. That means that you are likely to get 10-11 cents on most subs with a max of 98 cents; and $1.83-$2.90 per OD. I disabled my portfolio at the end of May because of the new royalties structure - so I have no first-hand experience - but from the various threads around here it sounds like 10 cents is the most common payout amount until level 6. Perhaps the best part of the structure is that on January 1, 2021, you'll automatically advance to a 15% royalty rate (and again on January 1, 2022...! 😬

SS recently advised in a blog article that photographs recognize the value of their work and not work for free. I've followed their advice, and encourage you to do the same. But that's just me.