engagestock

0.43 cents video .. YES YOU ARE READING IT RIGHT.

I guess the point I was making has been lost on you

carry on

I see the downvoters are out... even downvoting posts trying to draw this to the admins attention¬†ūüôĄ¬†They attack you when you have a different opinion / method¬†and then attack you some more if you dare to defend the right to have a different opinion. Pushing, antagonising people isn't going to make them¬†change to your way of thinking... just push them away even further.

I'll leave you all to it... plenty of images / illustrations to do, but not necessarily for here.

7 hours ago, Duncan Andison said:

Just looked at the home screen "Monthly Earnings" graph, select "Video" from dropdown instead of all and "Past Month"

Past month is for the previous month, not this one.

2 hours ago, Duncan Andison said:

Well, until you pay for the food on my table, roof over my head I respectfully ask you lay off with the pre-judging. Just because my port is open does not mean it's been added to. If I can't pay the mortgage, the house is taken away. Of course, if you're will ing to pay that money each month to me... that's a different matter.

How are you gonna pay that mortgage or food on your table with measly sub dollar video sales?

Not intended as an attack, just some food for thought (no pun intended).

24 minutes ago, ColinCramm said:

How are you gonna pay that mortgage or food on your table with measly sub dollar video sales?

Not intended as an attack, just some food for thought (no pun intended).

I know where your coming from,... one of the reasons I’m not submitting here at the moment... concentrating on other agencies... that said, 41 $0.84 sales yesterday... stills sales are slightly down to normal but up until yesterday, no footage sales at all. If I’d hadn’t had that 2.5 week blank of footage sales, my inc would have been the same as previous months. Still too early to tell how this is going to work out!

8 minutes ago, Duncan Andison said:

that said, 41 $0.84 sales yesterday... stills sales are slightly down to normal but up until yesterday, no footage sales at all.

Look at it this way: had you had one clip sale for $34 yesterday, you would have been happy, no?

41 $0.84 sales equal this, but are better, because they just got you 41 downloads closer to the next video level.

20 minutes ago, Milo J said:

Look at it this way: had you had one clip sale for $34 yesterday, you would have been happy, no?

41 $0.84 sales equal this, but are better, because they just got you 41 downloads closer to the next video level.

Next level, who cares. It's meaningless because even at level 6 (an almost unattainable level for most) the royalties are still low.

39 minutes ago, Milo J said:

True... I have questions about what scheme it is (or if it is one) and whether it means high volume pay-per-view type of sales. It could be a correction for previous sales, no one knows!

3 hours ago, njene said:

Yes my friend, you absolutely can make whatever business decision you feel is necessary.

I do not judge you personally, nor anyone else.

But there still is an underlying truth to be found in what I said.

I beg to differ. "Truth" regarding personal matters as "our own life choices" and things that are bonded to survival is greatly subjective. I agree that there will be no change until contributors can find a common ground and act together, but is a very complex thing. I totally understand Duncan position, I also have the need for the money, specially regarding clips and photos that are already uploaded and long payed for. I have kids, a sick mother without insurance, and for now EVERY single .10 cent sale is significant for me. Am i uploading new stuff? No way, but until i can start generating revenue somewhere else, something im working hardly to do as we chat here, i will not disable my portfolio, and i think this action, which is not a permanent one and can change, is the right one for my "truth" right now.

So, we also feel the anger and the pain as those who bravely disabled their portfolio, but i dont buy into the judgmental crap that some of them want to spread as if they are better persons or people who dont disable have no dignity. 

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Duncan Andison said:

I see the downvoters are out... even downvoting posts trying to draw this to the admins attention¬†ūüôĄ¬†They attack you when you have a different opinion / method¬†and then attack you some more if you dare to defend the right to have a different opinion. Pushing, antagonising people isn't going to make them¬†change to your way of thinking... just push them away even further.

I'll leave you all to it... plenty of images / illustrations to do, but not necessarily for here.

Duncan, thanks for taking the time to post tagging admins. I really appreciate it. As for the downvotes, dont pay attention to that. I can clearly see your position and it is really valid. 

Cheers,

J

Hi,

Quick update. @Duncan Andison Your video download count looks correct to me. As somebody else pointed out, "Past month" is May. Only "Year to date" includes the current (in progress) month.

As far as the volume of these video downloads over a day or two - I can see that they are from one of our API partners. Customers who purchased these licenses can only use the clips on that platform. They can't save or download them, or re-use them. However, I agree it's odd to see so many on one day.

We've reached out to them to make sure there hasn't been an error.

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Thanks for reporting @Duncan Andison . We're looking into it now.

K

Hi @Kate Shutterstock just to say that I received a reply from the support team...

"The amount that you earn from each download is a percentage of the price paid by the customer for that license. The percentage paid to you varies with the earnings level you are in at the time of the purchase, while the purchase price varies depending on the type of plan the customer used to download your content."

As you will appreciate... that reply answers nothing really. It would appear they have a lot of emails to respond to and they used the first cut-and-paste reply they could fined. I replied with the following queries...

Edit..... Just seen your reply above, thanks for reaching out to them as it does look suspicious in terms of the volume and that most were duplicate sales as well.

Thanks again

20 hours ago, synthetick said:

This is a new Shutterstock blog post - could this be the origin of these low video sales? https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/projector-shutterstock-integration

Could be. Question about this program: Where are Projector users going to find the "millions of fresh, high-quality images and video clips to craft their designs" that they are promised?

They're not talking about content that top-notch producers decide to leave on SS; they're talking about the content SS is counting on those producers CONTINUING to produce and provide to SS for 26 cents/clip download.

6 hours ago, GregDPhotos said:

Could be. Question about this program: Where are Projector users going to find the "millions of fresh, high-quality images and video clips to craft their designs" that they are promised?

They're not talking about content that top-notch producers decide to leave on SS; they're talking about the content SS is counting on those producers CONTINUING to produce and provide to SS for 26 cents/clip download.

Good question!

I've only had two of these low sales so far (and strangely they were both from the same clip), but I couldn't find that clip available on Projector anywhere, so the sales must have come from a different partner program. Projector's video library actually seems to be quite small. I searched on there for another clip that was mentioned here as having a $0.34 sale but couldn't find it either.

Has anyone noticed a pattern in the types of videos that are getting these sales, re subject matter?

On 6/26/2020 at 6:11 PM, Milo J said:

they just got you 41 downloads closer to the next video level.

This can be good in the short run. In the long run though, the prices are dropping and regular video commission can become as rare as ELs are for images now, compared to a few years back.

I don't know if this "API only" deal with a specific 3rd party, which results in very low commissions, can cause the overall SS/market prices to drop but the subs packages launched in April will certainly have an impact on what type of packs buyers will choose going forward. And that will impact the overall video market.

This is just my opinion. I hope I'm wrong ...

On one day this month I received 6 video sales, for that SS gave me the grand sum of $2.99

Last month I had 36 downloads. This month the total is currently sitting on 35.....below is a picture of the bitter truth.

image.png.9c7d7351fe96babeb3dd034f47a035b0.png

These are seriously bleak times we're living in.