engagestock

0.43 cents video .. YES YOU ARE READING IT RIGHT.

18 minutes ago, Duncan Andison said:

another 3 in the last few mins takes the tally to 23 in the last couple of hours!

Curious, is it the same clip?

In which case, maybe it's a streaming license and you get paid for every time it streams?

I only had two of those low ones, but they were the same clip. Could be a coincidence, but this clip has never sold before - and now suddenly twice in a row for $0.34

10 minutes ago, Milo J said:

In which case, maybe it's a streaming license and you get paid for every time it streams?

I only had two of those low ones, but they were the same clip. Could be a coincidence, but this clip has never sold before - and now suddenly twice in a row for $0.34

Most are different... a few duplicates though (2x)

This must be it, because these low sales just started yesterday. I now have 4 of them, 3 within the last 30 minutes. This is really weird, and am not sure what to think of this. If these are sales that would otherwise not have happened, then bring it on. Because each one gets me closer to the next video level, and a better commission for the regular sales down the road. But if this cannibalizes existing sales, then it's time to pack it up here...

And again, great job, Shutterstock for communicating these exciting new changes to us.

1 hour ago, Milo J said:

I have 7 more in the last hour! ... all 0.43 cents and MANY first time sellers .. lot of different clips ... 

28 minutes ago, Milo J said:

This must be it, because these low sales just started yesterday. I now have 4 of them, 3 within the last 30 minutes. This is really weird, and am not sure what to think of this. If these are sales that would otherwise not have happened, then bring it on. Because each one gets me closer to the next video level, and a better commission for the regular sales down the road. But if this cannibalizes existing sales, then it's time to pack it up here...

And again, great job, Shutterstock for communicating these exciting new changes to us.

This is a great way of seeing things. of the sales im having at 0.43 most are first time sellers... but i HOPE this sales count as video downloads and gets us closer to the netx level .. we will have to see if this incredible volume keeps up daily and for how long?

46 minutes ago, engagestock said:

i HOPE this sales count as video downloads and gets us closer to the netx level .. we will have to see if this incredible volume keeps up daily and for how long?

Yup, they count as video downloads. Which makes me think, I like this! Because under normal conditions, it would have taken me til September or October to reach the next level, but if this pace keeps up, I'll be there next week.

I also think that this is separate from regular video sales. Because I never sold a clip three times in the span of an hour before.

2 minutes ago, Milo J said:

Yup, they count as video downloads. Which makes me think, I like this! Because under normal conditions, it would have taken me til September or October to reach the next level, but if this pace keeps up, I'll be there next week.

I also think that this is separate from regular video sales. Because I never sold a clip three times in the span of an hour before.

My video sales have gone crazy in the last 2 hours... i have 5 more sales of this 0.43 cents now.. im curious if this will keep the rest of the week .. so weird!! Also, do you have any idea hoy can we keep track of current month video downloads (number) and year total? I cannot find it anymore in the contributor panel .. Thanks! 

There is no easy way to see the current months downloads anymore, you'd have to go into your detailed earnings page and count them all up. But the metric that matters, year to date downloads, can be found under the "monthly earnings" tab.

7 hours ago, Milo J said:

Thanks Milo, is there any way we can contact shutterstock to ask them at least what kind of license is this? Im in 2 FB groups filled with contributors and they are presenting the same thing ... huge ammount of video downloads today .. which is xtremly weird ... One of they said that perhaps are big companys buying bulk to use later ... I wonder what kind of license it is , what resolution etc ... 

Well, I ended the day with 41 $0.84 clip downloads... I guess it'll help me to the next level! I might even get a $1 at the next level 🙄

Edit... Just looked at the home screen "Monthly Earnings" graph, select "Video" from dropdown instead of all and "Past Month" for time frame. It shows 22 footage sale. Give the 41 I had yesterday, there is either a delay in the stats or, they're not including these "Special" low value sales in their calculations.

Now, could anyone, I me anyone at shutterstock give us a rundown on what is going on?!? Are these low value clip sales part of that projector scheme. If so, do the sales count towards your level... if not, why not and are these just streamed... i.e. not downloaded to the users account. Just some background as to what is going on would be nice. Thanks  @Kate Shutterstock @Alex Shutterstock @Anna Shutterstock @Jeff De

26 minutes ago, Duncan Andison said:

Well, I ended the day with 41 $0.84 clip downloads... I guess it'll help me to the next level! I might even get a $1 at the next level 🙄

Edit... Just looked at the home screen "Monthly Earnings" graph, select "Video" from dropdown instead of all and "Past Month" for time frame. It shows 22 footage sale. Give the 41 I had yesterday, there is either a delay in the stats or, they're not including these "Special" low value sales in their calculations.

Now, could anyone, I me anyone at shutterstock give us a rundown on what is going on?!? Are these low value clip sales part of that projector scheme. If so, do the sales count towards your level... if not, why not and are these just streamed... i.e. not downloaded to the users account. Just some background as to what is going on would be nice. Thanks  @Kate Shutterstock @Alex Shutterstock @Anna Shutterstock @Jeff De

I just did the same. I do have the same "delay" because my 0.43 cents sale of the last couple of days are not being counted in my totals ... but in the detail the appear under "Clip Packs" ... I swear if they dont count that could really be it for me here .. REALLY .. i have tried a lot to stay but this could be too much!

I've submitted a query to shutterstock to see if we can have an explanation regarding the package and whether these sales count towards the level totals (for footage). I provided a link to this thread to see if they can provide the update here so everyone can see what the new sales relate to etc.

@Kate Shutterstock @Alex Shutterstock @Anna Shutterstock @Jeff De

While I'm not overly enthusiastic about these sales at the moment, I will reserve judgement until I know exactly what they are. For instance, if they're a pay-per-view sales that are totalled up at the end of each day rather than someone downloading the footage file... then I may have a different view. If they're all sales that the client has downloaded for that amount($), I wouldn't be happy. But... until Shutterstock decides to tell us, we can't say for sure.

Come on Shutterstock, help us understand what's going on rather than assume the worst. You don't make it easy for yourselves do you!

11 hours ago, engagestock said:

This is a great way of seeing things. of the sales im having at 0.43 most are first time sellers... but i HOPE this sales count as video downloads and gets us closer to the netx level .. we will have to see if this incredible volume keeps up daily and for how long?

Yes, I suppose that it is now more beneficial to sell 100 clips at 43 cents than to sell 1 clip at $43. Even so, the last two video tiers remain pure unobtainable fantasy.

2 hours ago, Duncan Andison said:

Come on Shutterstock, help us understand what's going on rather than assume the worst. You don't make it easy for yourselves do you!

It’s you guys that make it too easy for them

14 minutes ago, njene said:

It’s you guys that make it too easy for them

Well, until you pay for the food on my table, roof over my head I respectfully ask you lay off with the pre-judging. Just because my port is open does not mean it's been added to. If I can't pay the mortgage, the house is taken away. Of course, if you're will ing to pay that money each month to me... that's a different matter.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Andison said:

Well, until you pay for the food on my table, roof over my head I respectfully ask you lay off with the pre-judging. Just because my port is open does not mean it's been added to. If I can't pay the mortgage, the house is taken away. Of course, if you're will ing to pay that money each month to me... that's a different matter.

Yes my friend, you absolutely can make whatever business decision you feel is necessary.

I do not judge you personally, nor anyone else.

But there still is an underlying truth to be found in what I said.

2 minutes ago, njene said:

Yes my friend, you absolutely can make whatever business decision you feel is necessary.

I do not judge you personally, nor anyone else.

But there still is an underlying truth to be found in what I said.

Maybe, maybe not but there will be a lot of full timers who have to pay the bills, the nuclear option is not always the way to go. There are other ways!

Your statement "It’s you guys that make it too easy for them" was nothing more than a cheap sarcastic comment having a pop at fellow contributors who are dealing with the matter differently to you. You don't find me telling people it's my way or the highway and, quite frankly, I don't expect others to ridicule my decision in an open forum without knowing my circumstances.