engagestock

0.43 cents video .. YES YOU ARE READING IT RIGHT.

I must confess ... having half of my portfolio, and most of my usual revenue from clips have made me feel a bit "less" impacted by the new tiers .. i mean even after drifting to the new video subs last month i had a substantial ammount of "normal" sales (above $14 bucks..) but there where the occasional 0.60 centas sales that some people here attribute to wix deals or something ... I was ok as long as i kept having a healthy ammount of normal sales. Also, i though the 0.60 cents was the lowest ..

Well in the last two days ..figure it out .. 2 clip sales... both 0.43 cents each .... 

I cannot even buy a can of coca cola with that.

This is so, really deppresing honestly.

Cheers.

I feel ya. Its crazy. Sad I had for a year my hopes based on this site. But now I´m busy working with other sites, my advantage is all I learned here and so my new portfolios are looking pretty good elsewhere.

2 hours ago, engagestock said:

Well in the last two days ..figure it out .. 2 clip sales... both 0.43 cents each ....

Already got you beat with a $0.34 clip sale. 🙂

Those must be the WIX sales that used to be $0.60

Yeah, I've had several roll in at 43 cents in the last 2 days.  I guess it's the "new normal" at SS.  I've gone exclusive elsewhere since the new rate plan and was just going to leave my existing work here where it is.  Now I feel I need to take it down.  At this rate I have NOTHING to lose by taking them down and it will only devalue the whole market if I leave them up.  

Seriously, we are doomed (those who stay loyal to SS, that is.)

43 cents!!!!!!  And I thought my 4 $0.60 video downloads that I got were a kick in the nut sack.

45 minutes ago, Benedek Alpar said:

Sorry @engagestock for ruin yor thread, i just sold a video for 0,26 cent , this is the lowest i ever seen, heard, 😶

Yikes. Yes, you get the award.

Disable your ports folks.  Disable your ports is all I can say.

I kept my video portfolio active as I thought that at least wouldn't be too bad but just had a 34c sale today.

By the end of the month if this becomes the new normal I'm disabling videos too and will probably delete my photo and video portfolio.

Everything I upload here is elsewhere so won't take much effort on my part.

Honestly I really don't understand Shutterstocks mentality with the new pricing structure, it's as if they just want to piss off as many people as possible.

Well, seems they did that right at least.

This is REALLY deppressing and scary :( ,,, today 3 more 0.43 cents clips ... last year this couldve been one of my +$100 days ... forget about the images, im level 4 and im getting mostly 0.10 cents ... Im so SAD ... this year was going amazing in downloads and revenue growth for me (as you can se in the chart below) .. Look at june! Its nonsense ... i dont think theres even a remote way i can go back to shooting anything since as you can see i work on location, with authorized models and in the medical and business field which is so hard to gain access to premium locations!  .... :(((( How im supposed to invest now .. i dont think i will ever even get my money back .. 

image.thumb.png.f4b811bd5fe01bac3053fac23c863c40.png

image.thumb.png.1820c628dbec638ec6e2b1bc6d972936.png

16 minutes ago, Duncan Andison said:

Yeah.... wow indeed 😟 15 in the last couple of hours. It's like they're either catching up or there's been a $0.84 giveaway 

Add another 3 more in the last 5 mins... again, all $0.84

Edit....

And another 2 more... 20 in the last couple of hours. On the Mao there is no location provided! It's as if this is some sort of correction to previous sales... very strange. @Kate Shutterstock is this a correction or some other strange anomaly? It has been very quiet all month (next to nothing) and then 25 cheap sales in quick succession... cheers

3 minutes ago, njene said:

Remember, they’re working 5 Xs harder to payout the next $1B in payouts

Haha.... they'll need to sell 97 to match the 1 I had at AS... and that wasn't an unusual amount.

edit... although another 3 in the last few mins takes the tally to 23 in the last couple of hours!