Sign in to follow this  
BrianStock

How to close contributor account?

After facing some major criticism, I heard that Shutterstock topbrass recently started promoting "take your content and go" narrative .... well, I've been trying to close my account for almost two weeks. I sent not one but two separate requests, did everything possible but received no response whatsoever. Imagine, you want to leave and close your account but leeches refuse to "let you and your content go". Btw, I had no choice but to manually remove my content. I spent last 5-6 days deleting the files and I'm still not done...

10 hours ago, Linda Bestwick said:

You can opt out of sales while you are waiting to have your account closed if you like. Just go to your 'account settings' and under 'licencing options' change from yes to no. 

Thanks for the suggestion but honestly, I don't trust this agency anymore. I just want to close the account and get my final payout.

On 6/24/2020 at 10:57 AM, jean-francois me said:

best way to close your account, based on recent reports, is to go on social media, and attack the company 

Seriously? I found disabling my portfolio to be highly effective... And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE attacking SS. I don't think it is constructive.

On 6/25/2020 at 7:04 PM, Paulo Rocha said:

That's right.

Thanks! 

How long does it takes to be recovered my photos (If you know) ? 

20 hours from yesterday still missing 20 images. 

edit: they started to recover.