catmanc

Upload the same photo to every agencies?

I have substantial overlap, but not complete. Some of the non-overlap is intentional, and some is simply because different agencies accept somewhat different content. I avoid "exclusive" arrangements, but that's me. If I have an image or clip on agency 1 and agency 2, customers of both agencies can buy a license to my work. If I only have the content on agency 1, most customers on agency 2 won't ever even see my work.

And one other thing - the diversification means that if one agency goes off the rails (I won't name names here) I can stop working with them and not loose all of my microstock income.

35 minutes ago, oleschwander said:

Yes, same images all over.

Yes, same all over 11 agencies, and some photos are accepted in one and some are refused, it depends on what the agency is looking for but in any case it is the best way to diversify its work especially if you work on generic editorial photos, This morning 1,010,115 million photos online

23 minutes ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

This morning 1,010,115 million photos online

🤣

Madness. And an incredible performance. 
But I see the same thing.
MS is a numbers game. 
Where it's not only about the number of photos, but also about their multiplication by many agencies. 

3 hours ago, geogif said:

Madness. And an incredible performance. 
But I see the same thing.
MS is a numbers game. 
Where it's not only about the number of photos, but also about their multiplication by many agencies. 

And also you need a lot of various subject, Transportation (bus, taxi, police car, ambulance, fire engine, trucks, electric scooter, bicycle, motorcycle, boat), architecture (office, modern building, building in construction, old house, administration, historical monument, church, mosque, temple, shop, mall, port, marina), street market, vegetables, fruits, local people ( girls, man, kid), commercial sign, street sign, event (festival, gay pride, sport event, political event, religious event), strike, riot,civil war, election, crime, accident, Animals, Zoo, street cat, bird, dog, insect  And more, its endless ... for each city, each country, during all the year, its a lot of work, and looking for accommodation, food, internet connection, travel connection

One day i will publish a book for who one want to do it, its a lot of organisation, a big to do list, and a lot of sending to Depositphotos, Shutterstock, pond5, Mostphotos, 123RF, Dreamstime, Alamy, Bigstock, Istock, Eyeem, Adobestock, Using FTP, Lightroom, Filter, Keywording

Shooting, minimum 200 photos/day with different subject minimum 5, For event between 500 and 1000 photos 

But after few years, its really more easy to do it

I upload the same images everywhere (except shutterstock - they are not worth it).

On 6/23/2020 at 7:31 AM, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

Yes, same all over 11 agencies, and some photos are accepted in one and some are refused, it depends on what the agency is looking for but in any case it is the best way to diversify its work especially if you work on generic editorial photos, This morning 1,010,115 million photos online

wow 900,000 different images. The biggest problem is learning how to submit to different sites then it's fine. Editorial requirement is different & harder than SS on many sites as well which is a shame.

Not uploading anymore to ShutterStock , but starting to upload to Pond 5, forgot I signed with them 2 years ago but now going to transfer everything I have at ShutterStock over there and see how it goes,.Looks like I have to wait a week after I gave them my ID.

6 hours ago, Steve Collender said:

Not uploading anymore to ShutterStock , but starting to upload to Pond 5, forgot I signed with them 2 years ago but now going to transfer everything I have at ShutterStock over there and see how it goes,.Looks like I have to wait a week after I gave them my ID.

Pond5 is mainly video

7 hours ago, Marco Curaba said:

Pond5 is mainly video

Yes, they say there #1 in royalty free video but they have about 8 other categories that they sell like music files, sound effects, photos, illustrations,3D files,Photoshop and a couple more. Like I said I’m going to give them a try.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:54 AM, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

And also you need a lot of various subject, Transportation (bus, taxi, police car, ambulance, fire engine, trucks, electric scooter, bicycle, motorcycle, boat), architecture (office, modern building, building in construction, old house, administration, historical monument, church, mosque, temple, shop, mall, port, marina), street market, vegetables, fruits, local people ( girls, man, kid), commercial sign, street sign, event (festival, gay pride, sport event, political event, religious event), strike, riot,civil war, election, crime, accident, Animals, Zoo, street cat, bird, dog, insect  And more, its endless ... for each city, each country, during all the year, its a lot of work, and looking for accommodation, food, internet connection, travel connection

One day i will publish a book for who one want to do it, its a lot of organisation, a big to do list, and a lot of sending to Depositphotos, Shutterstock, pond5, Mostphotos, 123RF, Dreamstime, Alamy, Bigstock, Istock, Eyeem, Adobestock, Using FTP, Lightroom, Filter, Keywording

Shooting, minimum 200 photos/day with different subject minimum 5, For event between 500 and 1000 photos 

But after few years, its really more easy to do it

How can you do alone about 200 pics a day ( shoot + traitement + keywording + sending + submiting) ?
Are you superman ? Do you have a secret ?

2 minutes ago, pixinoo said:

Do you have a secret

ah ah ah, no, I'm not a superman but after several years of practice, I set up a working method with a very good organization and tell yourself that you do not count your hours of work, this work m occupies from morning to evening but also brings a lot of pleasure, this morning 1,021,931 photos in the 11 largest micro stock agencies having visited without interruption a large number of countries, Israel, Italy, Greece, France, Netherlands, Russia , Nepal, India, Thailand, and today in Cyprus where I always apply the same method having found, created and developed my niche; and it works

One day, when i will have time i will sell the method with a book but for now i dont have time to do it, sometime i meet nomad photographer like me ans lucky me we are not in competition, so maybe if I meet you in your country we can shoot together and I give you a bit of my experience

D temps en temps je passe en France visiter ma famille pres de Reims, laisse moi tes coordonnées et je t appel, j adore shooter en France, 

voila mon portfolio France avec 23 216 photos

https://www.shutterstock.com/g/JoseTravelChannel?searchterm=France&sort=popular

See you

45 minutes ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

I set up a working method with a very good organization

Jose, I admire your energy. But if your system or your bustle don't even allow to put the name of the fruits in the caption or keywords I don't think it's worth much - except expanding your port ..?

10 hours ago, oleschwander said:

Jose, I admire your energy. But if your system or your bustle don't even allow to put the name of the fruits in the caption or keywords I don't think it's worth much - except expanding your port ..?

In general you right, but for some generic EDITORIAL photos, you dont need to be so precise like in CREATIVE, the important point in the case you choose is VARIOUS VEG SOLD IN THE MARKET, this is exactly what the customer looking for and not potatoes, carrot or whenever, By the way i still selling a lot of this generic various veg market every day

MARKET 10 240 PHOTOS

https://www.shutterstock.com/g/JoseTravelChannel?searchterm=market&sort=popular

PEOPLE SHOPPING MARKET 3 367

https://www.shutterstock.com/g/JoseTravelChannel?searchterm=people+market&sort=popular

so this one mean i totally connected with what the costumer want to buy, for captation and keywords i use my own base build with all my selling, and its look like its work, you dont have to be in the rules  but to be clever, if you want to succeed like me you should to be far from the usuel idea of captation and keywords what they looking for, my portfolio is GENERIC PRESS RELEASE so i do what the client wants since years and how he want to find it, So we dont work you and me with the same method but its not really important, sometimes i have to be SUPER precise in the captation for exemple for special event but not always, trust me

And i check your portfolio few time to take inspiration, i like it, you do a good base job, now go out of the rules and improve the quantity, dont lessons people who speak only about the quality or the precise of everything, there are wrong, but lets not to share all the tips and secret from a Unusual photographer ah ah ah

Yes, I see your point Jose. I have only seen a few of your images and the captions is generally good though. But another thing that I wonder is that you are not writing ‘a FEMALE israelic solder’. By the way I’m not anyway near your ambitions ..! 😁 Good luck - I wish you lots of sales here and everywhere 👍

Same, except agencies like AS who do not accept editorial.

I submitted about 550 images to A___y, exclusive, because they pay a lot more $$ per image, and why would a customer pay $100 for an image there when they can get the same image for $1 at other agencies?  But none of my exclusive images have sold there in 3 years, so I won't be going exclusive anymore.