Engel Ching

What happens to top ranked photos

I have a few photos that rank at the top of searches that I would like to disable until the situation gets better for contributors (if that happens).  However, I'm concerned about losing my ranking once the photos are enabled again.  Does anyone know what would happen?  Thanks.

I wondered the same thing. Went ahead and disabled. I figure if things get better (I can dream, right?), I'll re-upload and hope the content is picked up again when it's fresh. Or hope the images will show up as fresh simply because for practical purposes the content will be fresh for those who search for it.

I think that you have to be careful if you disable your best-sellers because they will certainly lose their place at the top of the search if/when they're re-instated. I once had a problem here where SS lost/deleted 3 of my files by mistake. The informed me immediately and I re-uploaded them all with a couple of days. One was selling regularly but after the re-upload hardly ever sold again. Engel Ching, you may have better luck because you have great, atmospheric shots of much wanted subjects whereas I just had a shot of lasagna!

BTW if you disable your port and then enable it some time later, you won't be able to re-upload the same images again without deleting (instead of disabling) first because SS will flag your new uploads as similars. I have to say that while 10 cent subs are really offpi**ing, so far this month my average subs rate is 19 cents which is half what I was getting before (38cents). The average for ODDs in the new scheme (30%) is slightly better than my old $2.85. I'm holding off on disabling until I have a better picture of loss/gain in the months to come.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:45 AM, stevemart said:

I think that you have to be careful if you disable your best-sellers because they will certainly lose their place at the top of the search if/when they're re-instated. I once had a problem here where SS lost/deleted 3 of my files by mistake. The informed me immediately and I re-uploaded them all with a couple of days. One was selling regularly but after the re-upload hardly ever sold again. Engel Ching, you may have better luck because you have great, atmospheric shots of much wanted subjects whereas I just had a shot of lasagna!

BTW if you disable your port and then enable it some time later, you won't be able to re-upload the same images again without deleting (instead of disabling) first because SS will flag your new uploads as similars. I have to say that while 10 cent subs are really offpi**ing, so far this month my average subs rate is 19 cents which is half what I was getting before (38cents). The average for ODDs in the new scheme (30%) is slightly better than my old $2.85. I'm holding off on disabling until I have a better picture of loss/gain in the months to come.

Ha thanks!  Thanks for the info, that was my concern.  Maybe I will hold off a bit before disabling.  I'm currently seeing a reduction in subscription royalties with an increase in OD royalties.  Overall, my royalties are a bit lower than normal.

Going forward however, I'm rotating shutterstock out of my portfolio and new uploads especially video.