Sign in to follow this  
DhineshRaj

Minimum payout amount as to set down.!!

Due to new earning structure i don't no when will i get paid.

Boz i'm not a full time contributor depends on time & mood i will do photography, every time makeup my profile is difficult. 

Reconsider the payout limitūüĒĹ

Try to make 10$ as minimum payoutūüé∑

34 minutes ago, DhineshRaj said:

Due to new earning structure i don't no when will i get paid.

Boz i'm not a full time contributor depends on time & mood i will do photography, every time makeup my profile is difficult. 

Reconsider the payout limitūüĒĹ

Try to make 10$ as minimum payoutūüé∑

Or you should reconsider if it is worth your time with SS anymore there are other agencies.

19 hours ago, Conny Skogberg said:

Or you should reconsider if it is worth your time with SS anymore there are other agencies.

let me see,but every were there will be ups & down / pro's and con's.

if we switch over to others who knows they will run at same track for long.

The payout limit is completely unimportant. 
Whether you earn more or less does not depend on the payout limit.
It's what the agency pays you. 
If the limit is too high, just wait. 
At CB the limit is 100 and I have reached 40 there after 2 years so far. 
It will probably take until 2024 for some of it to land in my wallet.
Never mind.

What makes a difference is that SS, one of the strongest and largest agencies, from one moment to the next, cuts the salary by 60%. 
As far as I'm concerned, SS could increase the payout tenfold and set it at $350 if they take back the cutbacks

Just now, Studio 2 said:

It isn't unimportant in countries where $10 can help you to support your family.  In the West it doesn't go very far but $10 can certainly help in some countries of the world where cost of living is much lower l.  I support the decrease to $10. However, obviously this view doesn't support Sstock's draconian policies.

Most of the time I agree with you, but this time I completely disagree. 
Even in a poor country, perhaps even more so in a poor country, people are forced to live with their money. 
A low payout does not bring more money.
$0 leaves $0. 
However, and this may appear to be an advantage, the low payout makes budgeting easier. 
Too little to save. 
With a high payout, you would have to make sure that the money stays longer, so save a part. 
This requires discipline.

But in the end, we probably agree that basically it doesn't matter where the payout is. 
Eyeem used to have no payout at all (you could also call up a few cents) but now it's $10. 
But this does not lead to more money.  
To get more money, a fair payment system is necessary.
So the opposite of what the SS is doing right now. 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 hour ago, geogif said:

But in the end, we probably agree that basically it doesn't matter where the payout is. 
Eyeem used to have no payout at all (you could also call up a few cents) but now it's $10. 

i may be wrong , if the people are young & energetic could make their portfolio alive always create new content upload day to day basis / even weekly.

After some point time if will see this type of surprise new earning structure will influence the moderate/lazy/old peoples will upload occasionally. Depends on them when will they reach payouts threshold.

Based on the new earning structure lot of main player's are leaving it as reduced the importance of SS.So,with the minimum payout we will get a cyclic...

With this tiny value at least can buy a cotton cloth to clean the lens if needed.ūüôÉ

On 6/18/2020 at 11:29 AM, geogif said:

Most of the time I agree with you, but this time I completely disagree. 
Even in a poor country, perhaps even more so in a poor country, people are forced to live with their money. 
A low payout does not bring more money.
$0 leaves $0. 
However, and this may appear to be an advantage, the low payout makes budgeting easier. 
Too little to save. 
With a high payout, you would have to make sure that the money stays longer, so save a part. 
This requires discipline.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Your posts are typical of someone who, like me, lives in a rich country. While the $35 payout might not mean much to you or I in poorer countries it means a lot. The problem is that many contributors over the whole world are having a hard time right now, not only because of the new royalties scheme but also because of Covid-19. Many people can't get out to take new photos so they can't increase their port. Many are dependant on the images they have and might have before the new royalties scheme reached payout maybe every month or two but now won't receive any payout for ages. Shutterstock should (temporarily) drop the minimum payout and show their humanitarian side so that contributors can have some sort of steady income. Remember it is OUR money they are holding onto. One thing I do agree with you is that minimum payout has nothing to do with and does not increase sales. You also stated even if Shutterstock raised the minimum payout to $350 you wouldn't have a problem, you do realise that in some countries this is equal to 3.5 years salary for a normal job. And, yes, other agencies have minimum payouts, iStock still has it at $100, but that is beside the point as we are only discussing Shutterstock.

12 minutes ago, MJD Graphics said:

Remember it is OUR money they are holding onto.

I had instructed bigstock to pay off my last earnings. After that I will close my account there.

I made the request for payment on 02.06. The answer is that it may take until the middle of the following month (that would be mid-July 2020) until I receive the money. that would be up to 6 weeks.

Yes, you are right, that is our money, which they keep there for 6 weeks. That is a long time in the microstock business.

9 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

The sad thing about these threads is that no staff from Shutterstock will read them and even if, by some miracle, one did, they wouldn't give a flying toss what any of us thinks, feels or cares about. Contributors are just a means to an end for them.

Debby, totally agree, but if they do read it we have made our voice heard. Shutterstock was very quick to jump on the 'BLM' bandwagon. I even received an email this week from iStock also jumping on the 'BLM' bandwagon. But world poverty is also worth discussion and if someone at Shutterstock does read this and bring this to the attention of managers it might help. BTW I don't mean 'bandwagon' in a negative way.

49 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I had instructed bigstock to pay off my last earnings. After that I will close my account there.

I made the request for payment on 02.06. The answer is that it may take until the middle of the following month (that would be mid-July 2020) until I receive the money. that would be up to 6 weeks.

Yes, you are right, that is our money, which they keep there for 6 weeks. That is a long time in the microstock business.

I made it backwards, I've send them an email asking them to delete my images and close my account but also I mentioned that they can keep my earning.

I had $28 in my account and they didn't sell anything for months, so I couldn't make the $30 payout and I was very pissed. It is also true that I haven't uploaded anything to them in the last year.

I was very surprised when I got the answer to my email, stating that I will get my earnings at next payment schedule.

On the other hand, according to their new rules they only pay once a month, around the 15th and that can take 6 weeks if you asked for it at the beginning of the month.

49 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

A fine sentiment on your part but Sstock are doing their best to increase world poverty at the moment. 

I have absolutely no delusions about Shutterstock management at the moment, they are complete money-grabbing a$$holes but I had to say something.

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

The sad thing about these threads is that no staff from Shutterstock will read them and even if, by some miracle, one did, they wouldn't give a flying toss what any of us thinks, feels or cares about. Contributors are just a means to an end for them.

The sad thing is that no-one seems to give a sh$t about nothing but their own decrease in DL's and income.

36 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

I made it backwards, I've send them an email asking them to delete my images and close my account but also I mentioned that they can keep my earning.

I had $28 in my account and they didn't sell anything for months, so I couldn't make the $30 payout and I was very pissed. It is also true that I haven't uploaded anything to them in the last year.

I was very surprised when I got the answer to my email, stating that I will get my earnings at next payment schedule.

On the other hand, according to their new rules they only pay once a month, around the 15th and that can take 6 weeks if you asked for it at the beginning of the month.

Yeah, Whiteaster, it's only $50 for me, too.

But I wanted to get it before I closed the door. I've got two more downloads now, but I'd like to give them to them.

They also asked me if I just want to deactivate or delete them completely. The answer that I want to delete completely, but they only get when they have paid.

For me bigstock was always unattractive. Nothing ever came across. I've only just made $1,200 there over the years.

1 hour ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Nothing to do with this thread.

4 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

But I wanted to get it before I closed the door. I've got two more downloads now, but I'd like to give them to them.

They also asked me if I just want to deactivate or delete them completely. The answer that I want to delete completely, but they only get when they have paid.

For me bigstock was always unattractive. Nothing ever came across. I've only just made $1,200 there over the years.

43 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

15 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Yes, they asked me too if I want to delete completely but at the end they have been very honest and sent me my money.

I hated their upload system, there were times when it didn't work at all. I remember asking SS here on the forum at least three time to fix it.

At the end, I wasn't uploading because I decide to leave after making payout but that day never came. From what I remember, they don't sell if you stop uploading.

Well, good luck for them.

5 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Yes it is sad Studio 2. Since the big announcement I've had moments of feeling defeat and insulted. Now I'm just flat. Who cares? only all you fellow contributors working on your art and creativity. I'll probably keep making beautiful illustrations because I love what I do. Also SS is not the only place where I earn from my art. Thank goodness. 

3 hours ago, Kate Twohig said:

Yes it is sad Studio 2. Since the big announcement I've had moments of feeling defeat and insulted. Now I'm just flat. Who cares? only all you fellow contributors working on your art and creativity. I'll probably keep making beautiful illustrations because I love what I do. Also SS is not the only place where I earn from my art. Thank goodness. 

SS was my primary earner until the change.  Ever since the change, my sales on SS have gone flat and my sales on my other sites have picked up substantially.  It seems that buyers do not like what SS is doing either.  Just because SS is paying us less, does not mean they lowered their prices to the consumer. Many creators have stopped creating content fo SS, which means their fresh content is dropping, and is going to other competitors.  Consumers are seeing this and looking at other sites for fresh content.  SS is dying, because they broke a cardinal rule. Never try to take a bone away from a starving dog with the promise that you will give him a steak.The dog will BITE you if you try this. Instead, offer the dog a steak, and he will gladly drop the bone. 

SS wanted to encourage people to produce more new content.  They tried to do this by taking away our already tiny commissions and offering us the promise of a higher commission if we work harder.  They took our bone away.  Big Mistake. Now they are going to get bit. 

I am pretty sure that the $35 minimum payout level is set for a reason and it's unlikely that SS will change it. Just a hunch, but a huge percentage of new contributors will never (!) follow through to get to that level and leaves their earnings "on the table" (and SS gladly takes it and pocket it, no matter how unethical that is!! Disguasting approach if you ask me). The other reason is I think that, they don't want more new, small scale contributors. The clear indicator of that is that they are brutal with new submissions and reject most of it (AI that is). If SS really wanted new content, they would ease up with crazy reviews. They don't! And yes, the higher the payout threshold is, the longer they can hang onto your money and it's good for their cash flow, gains interest for them, etc... So I wouldn't hold my breath that they would ever lower the present $35! Not ever. Unless they get scared that new content is not coming in and buying customers start to leave and buy elsewhere. But by then it will be too late for SS to "re-attract" submissions. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

I am pretty sure that the $35 minimum payout level is set for a reason and it's unlikely that SS will change it. Just a hunch, but a huge percentage of new contributors will never (!) follow through to get to that level and leaves their earnings "on the table" (and SS gladly takes it and pocket it, no matter how unethical that is!! Disguasting approach if you ask me).

I agree, it is a good money earner for them. Mind you, everyone is rushing over to DT, and their minimum is $100 on really really slow sales, and then they don't let you delete 70% of images until after 6 months. Contributors need to read the T&Cs of all sites before happily uploading with dreams of making it big...

7 minutes ago, Shirley Cronin said:

I agree, it is a good money earner for them. Mind you, everyone is rushing over to DT, and their minimum is $100 on really really slow sales, and then they don't let you delete 70% of images until after 6 months. Contributors need to read the T&Cs of all sites before happily uploading with dreams of making it big...

Oops, I never read that. But again, I just don't read small prints : ). Or user manuals. Yes, the $100 payout minimum is brutal!! I am still short by $20 : ) at DT. Maybe I can cash out in 2024. When the US elects a new president? It is the same at iS incidentally. Though they were nice and paid me "early" when I reached $98! That was a kind gesture. One reason why I don't close my port there. Besides, with the likely demise of SS, others will have to pick up the slack. And perhaps some of the traffic will go Getty's way. Never know!