Elliott Cowand Jr

Shutterstock also placing you in lower tier award level?

Yesterday, (June 15th) Shutterstock sent an email to notify that I was now in their Level 3 (251-500 downloads/ 25% royalty) tier for contributors.

Problem is, I've had over 500 downloads since mid May - so should be in their Level 4 (500+ downloads/ 30% royalty tier.)

Anyone experience something similar?

1623088546_ScreenShot2020-06-16at12_23_04AM.thumb.png.c45e865cedb5e970337d519187b50c74.png

13 minutes ago, Elliott Cowand Jr said:

Yesterday, (June 15th) Shutterstock sent an email to notify that I was now in their Level 3 (251-500 downloads/ 25% royalty) tier for contributors.

Problem is, I've had over 500 downloads since mid May - so should be in their Level 4 (500+ downloads/ 30% royalty tier.)

Anyone experience something similar?

1623088546_ScreenShot2020-06-16at12_23_04AM.thumb.png.c45e865cedb5e970337d519187b50c74.png

Write to contributor support and let us know if they answer. 

It's your right to have the percentage of Level 4 for any sale you did in June. 

However, since most of the SS sales are 0.10, consider selling your content through other agencies only, like many of us did. 

They are only counting the number of downloads from Jan 1, 2020 til present, not total number of downloads. So that might be why. If it's still off, then definitely contact support. I just got one of these emails today too, but in regards to video sales. 

On June 1, you will be placed in an Image Level and a Video Level based on your download count so far in 2020.

Now there has to be some kind of a record for that 😲 -447 ? Poor @Kate Shutterstock she didn't make the new guidelines, she's just reporting information to us.

14 hours ago, HodagMedia said:

On June 1, you will be placed in an Image Level and a Video Level based on your download count so far in 2020.

Now there has to be some kind of a record for that 😲 -447 ? Poor @Kate Shutterstock she didn't make the new guidelines, she's just reporting information to us.

i upvote and downvote based on Content, not on personality and who it is.  

On 6/16/2020 at 7:39 PM, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

They are only counting the number of downloads from Jan 1, 2020 til present, not total number of downloads. So that might be why. If it's still off, then definitely contact support. I just got one of these emails today too, but in regards to video sales. 

and yet Shutterstock Refuses to even provide this number anywhere (beyond the go count it yourself).  If Total downloads so far this year was such an integral part of the compensation system, you would think a company would make it READILY AVAILABLE (or at least acknowledge their incompetence) 

1 hour ago, jean-francois me said:

If Total downloads so far this year was such an integral part of the compensation system, you would think a company would make it READILY AVAILABLE

Absolutely.

It's MUCH more important to have that number in plain view in an easy-to-find place than to get a fake flashy announcement when you switch the level. They're treating us like little kids - look! - shiney shiney flashy flashy! That's just stupid and disrespectful as far as I'm concerned.

GIVE US THE RUNNING NUMBER FOR THE YEAR, IN PLAIN SIGHT!

I emailed admin about this at the beginning of the month and they responded that they're working on that now. One would think they would've created that part BEFORE making everything go live, but common sense is apparently still not so common.

5 hours ago, jean-francois me said:

and yet Shutterstock Refuses to even provide this number anywhere (beyond the go count it yourself).  If Total downloads so far this year was such an integral part of the compensation system, you would think a company would make it READILY AVAILABLE (or at least acknowledge their incompetence) 

They have added a 'Year to Date' on the Monthly earnings tab on the dashboard.

7 hours ago, MJD Graphics said:

thanks.  still nothing on the app 

On 6/18/2020 at 12:57 PM, MJD Graphics said:

Where? Phone, online? I don't see that.

On 6/17/2020 at 6:53 AM, geogif said:

I love the Shutterstock experts. 

Probably @Sheila Fitzgerald is right, you must count from January.

Otherwise I would already reach level 5. 

On the other hand, with the new system it does not really make any difference which level you are.

Most sales are around 0,1. 

exactly! you could be in tier 1000+ and still get the sleazy 10 cents per image : ). this whole "Level" system is just a carrot and a stick method. is it still not cleat to everybody?? they can keep my 10 cents and supplement those poor top executives' pay and bonuses with it. they surely need it more than we do! what a low, low move this was. I would be surely ashamed and embarrassed in management's shoes.  

On 6/19/2020 at 3:35 AM, jean-francois me said:

thanks.  still nothing on the app 

The App always takes longer because of the process at Apple/Google.

18 hours ago, MJD Graphics said:

Online Dashboard under Monthly Earnings

OK must be me, no Year To Date on my Earnings Summary using Firefox, which shouldn't matter? I see June and can select any month, any year, no YTD.

I'll try again. The levels are not lifetime they are since January 1st 2020.

From the original message from Kate: "On June 1, you will be placed in an Image Level and a Video Level based on your download count so far in 2020. "

Underline is mine.

1 hour ago, HodagMedia said:

OK must be me, no Year To Date on my Earnings Summary using Firefox, which shouldn't matter? I see June and can select any month, any year, no YTD.

I am using FF too. It is on the dashboard under the map:

month.jpg.5d2921ada715fe85c9a5fa83bed8f286.jpg

2 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

I am using FF too. It is on the dashboard under the map:

month.jpg.5d2921ada715fe85c9a5fa83bed8f286.jpg

Oh thanks, I was looking under Earnings Summary by month. Now I see it - Under The Map Oh nice and it shows what level I'm at for photos and a separate line for video.

At least our pay cut is being put to good use - paying to have the dashboard upgraded to work with the new pay structure.