I have probably more money in coins laying in the car then my lousy 5,40 $ so far this month. And since its exactly half of the month now, if this keeps up I will end up around 11 $, and usually I make 20+ $ monthly. So yeah, huge improvement. Right.

@Kate Shutterstock Is this your potential?

Midway through and my sales are slightly up, but 60% down on income. 

There are 15 days left of this month and then I'll decide what the future is. That said, selling any image and only receiving 0.10$ is blind stupidity on the side of the seller. We're worth more than this.

Midway through the month and, in dollar terms, subs are 16% down while ODDs are 27% down compared to where I would have been under the old system.

If I was one level higher, which I am very close to, the subs percentage would be 4% down and the ODD percentage would be 8% down. 

Two levels higher and I would be ahead of the game.

For me, the message is that I need more material and better selling material so that I can move through the levels faster. I also think that level should be based on the rolling 12 month performance rather than the annual reset.

54 minutes ago, Charles Lewis said:

Midway through the month and, in dollar terms, subs are 16% down while ODDs are 27% down compared to where I would have been under the old system.

If I was one level higher, which I am very close to, the subs percentage would be 4% down and the ODD percentage would be 8% down. 

Two levels higher and I would be ahead of the game.

For me, the message is that I need more material and better selling material so that I can move through the levels faster. I also think that level should be based on the rolling 12 month performance rather than the annual reset.

How did you make that calculation? Did you just add the additional % for the next level on top of you earnings? Because that's not how it works. ( though I don't get how even with that calculation you expect your sub-earnings to raise by 12% with one more level) A 0.10$ sale is a 0.10$ sale at level 1 just like at level 3, 4 or 5 in most cases. Not much changes with gaining a level, expect for non-subscription sales. So I find it impossible to believe that by gaining a level your subs earning will raise by 12%.

26 minutes ago, Firn said:

How did you make that calculation? Did you just add the additional % for the next level on top of you earnings? Because that's not how it works. ( though I don't get how even with that calculation you expect your sub-earnings to raise by 12% with one more level) A 0.10$ sale is a 0.10$ sale at level 1 just like at level 3, 4 or 5 in most cases. Not much changes with gaining a level, expect for non-subscription sales. So I find it impossible to believe that by gaining a level your subs earning will raise by 12%.

I didn't change the 10, 11 or 13 cent sales as I assumed they would stay the same. I only calculated the difference for the 40, 42 and 50 cent sub sales of which I have several. The reality is that, right now and for subs, I'm pretty close to what I would have made under the old system.

What you choose to believe is up to you.

On 6/14/2020 at 10:21 PM, geogif said:

One, pardon the harsh language, very silly wish. 
Whether one will still be with SS in 10 years, one can only say if one knows the conditions in 10 years. 
Since SS massively change the conditions from one week to the next without any announcement, nobody knows what it will be like in 10 years. 
At the moment I am still in the waiting phase myself, haven't uploaded anything since June 1st. 
My plan is actually to do this until January.
However, when I see my bestseller for $0.10 in the sales list, as I did today, it really depresses my mood. 
In this respect I do not rule out that I will leave SS before the end of the year. 

Geogif, 

I have been alive for a while now + long time internet user. I almost didn't notice the harsh language. I had to read it a few times. :)

I will clarify by saying "plans" on being here in 10 years. There are long time members that have been here much longer than that and although they may have suspected some changes would come one day, they would never have been able to predict with accuracy when and how. So, they kept uploading this entire time - until now of course. Uploading to other sites or trying to reverse the decision are certainly courses of action one could take.

What I am about to say is just speculation that I hope does not come true. However, I would suspect that at some point (hopefully way in the future) - other platforms will drastically reduce their payouts due to the disruptive nature and proliferation of audio/video technology - just because everyone is running to Pond5 to get a bigger payout right now, does not mean they can or will pay that for the next 10 minutes even - no guarantees. So, my stance (especially because I just started and this is not my primary income source) is to continue to learn this platform and get some images up here (still working on that).

Then in 10 or 20 years (if Shutterstock and I are still around), I will have thousands of images/videos uploaded that will make .10 each. I will enjoy it because it is an outlet for me, I will make enough to buy some SD cards occasionally, and I will check in on other sites to see that they too have changed with the world economy and feel good because I knew it was coming and planned to keep investing in the same platform. Spending time bouncing around platforms and chasing short term payouts that *may* change in the future might pay the bills and it is necessary for people who need the money now, but will end up costing you in the end for someone like me. Now that I think about it some more, my question is for people who don't care that they just slashed their payouts and are going to stick with one platform for the long term. 

I do find the timing with the Pandemic very unfortunate and I do feel for people who relied on this platform as a means of income. I am just in a different category. Good luck to you and next year may bring about some changes for the better, but only time will tell. Hope it works out for you and sorry about the impact it has on you. Still looking to see if anyone, like me, plans on doing this on Shutterstock for a long time regardless of the changes. :)

Jason