I thought I will be able to adjust to a new reality but profit of 10 cents per image is truly hard to work with. I simply can't afford making the content for Shutterstock ... cheers everyone and all the best.

26 minutes ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

It's very difficult to take it seriously.  Treat it like a hobby, maybe upload 10 images or video clips a month, if that, and that's it.

Nah...selling video clip for $3.55 or image for 11 cents is not worth electricity used to produce that content .... let alone personal time, effort and cost of the equipment.  

22 hours ago, BrianStock said:

Nah...selling video clip for $3.55 or image for 11 cents is not worth electricity used to produce that content ....

I love this comment, but only because the hyperbole. :) 

Where I live, electricity cost 12.5 cents per kilowatt hour. So that is 12.5 cents to get 1000 watts for 1hr.

Average consumption of a computer per hour is about 200 watts.

$3.55, and even the 11 cents is more than enough to cover cost for both of those activities.

29 minutes ago, stockphotofan1 said:

Where I live, electricity cost 12.5 cents per kilowatt hour. So that is 12.5 cents to get 1000 watts for 1hr.

$3.55, and even the 11 cents is more than enough to cover cost for both of those activities.

for some it is more from zero to hero 😆

33 minutes ago, stockphotofan1 said:

Justin

http://www.statisticool.com/main.htm

Funny how people can miscalculate things ... Shutterstock still remains profitable for many especially for covering electrical bills. 

On 6/11/2020 at 8:51 AM, Mike Kuhlman said:

It's very difficult to take it seriously.  Treat it like a hobby, maybe upload 10 images or video clips a month, if that, and that's it.

Not even worth treating it as a hobby.  The "great" SS Shutterstock has been sinking for a long time and we need to all just bail and let it sink.  The sooner the better.  Once it goes under maybe we can fix our industry.

On 6/11/2020 at 4:51 PM, Mike Kuhlman said:

but it's an expensive hobby

19 minutes ago, Tony Dunn said:

but it's an expensive hobby

I doubt it. 
Many other hobbies are much more expensive. 

Before I realized that MS existed at all (I am not a photographer), I offered my pictures for free on the net. 
And I'm sure that there are still many hobby photographers today who are happy about free storage space and are happy if one of their pictures appears on any website. 
The 10 cents do not interest these hobby photographers at all.

I assume that the action of SS will lead to a strange split among the contributors. 
On the one hand, (new) amateur photographers will post their material here, completely independent of financial considerations. 
On the other hand, the big providers, who will already rise to level 5 or 6 in January, will continue to sell here.

The middle block, which has financed its equipment or travel costs with SS, will break away. I assume that a large part of those who write here in the forum belong to this group. 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

On 6/11/2020 at 8:51 AM, Mike Kuhlman said:

Why bother?  You can make more money (i.e nothing) posting them to instagram and get a lot more appreciation.  And you don't have to take the insult of a ten cent payment.