Sharkshock

10 cent commission = 10 cent effort!

I think we can play SS's game by looking at this from a different angle. By drastically slashing already low commissions surely SS doesn't expect the same effort from its contributors. Let's think outside the box! For those choosing to stick this out I have some submission suggestions: 

1. Smartphone pictures- Scan that iPhone for passable material and submit it in your free time! Maybe you have an old iPhone in a drawer somewhere from a few years back. Surely there are images that could be accepted!

2. Entry level DSLR- I'm not talking about the camera in your bag right now. (Save those images for AS) I'm talking about the entry level Canon Rebel you practiced with years ago. The Nikon D3100 gathering dust in your storage closet. Head to Amazon and purchase some memory cards and a battery for it! 

3. Existing RAW files- If you insist on submitting images using your current DSLR submit the minimum resolution. 5 megapixels, maybeeeee 6? By reducing the file size you also reduce the chance your submission will be rejected for grain or focus. 

4. Post process- Make sure your editing efforts are brief as possible.  Don't worry too much about color.....creative agencies can adjust that themselves. Exposure is more important. If visible dust is on the sensor, simply scrap it and move onto another file. 

5. Contribute less- If your time is worth 10 cents, by all means, "feed the beast". Ask yourself if you'd be willing to spell check legal documents for a $1 payout per document. If the answer is NO, consider decreasing contributions to SS. This not only frees up time you could use to be productive but spares SS the hassle of hosting millions of files. 

On 6/10/2020 at 1:27 PM, MJD Graphics said:

Why do you include a link to GoogleAds every time you post.

It is called a "signature". This off topic question was discussed like on page 50 or so I believe?

Cheers,

27 minutes ago, Sharkshock said:

I think we can play SS's game by looking at this from a different angle. By drastically slashing already low commissions surely SS doesn't expect the same effort from its contributors. Let's think outside the box! For those choosing to stick this out I have some submission suggestions: 

1. Smartphone pictures- Scan that iPhone for passable material and submit it in your free time! Maybe you have an old iPhone in a drawer somewhere from a few years back. Surely there are images that could be accepted!

2. Entry level DSLR- I'm not talking about the camera in your bag right now. (Save those images for AS) I'm talking about the entry level Canon Rebel you practiced with years ago. The Nikon D3100 gathering dust in your storage closet. Head to Amazon and purchase some memory cards and a battery for it! 

3. Existing RAW files- If you insist on submitting images using your current DSLR submit the minimum resolution. 5 megapixels, maybeeeee 6? By reducing the file size you also reduce the chance your submission will be rejected for grain or focus. 

4. Post process- Make sure your editing efforts are brief as possible.  Don't worry too much about color.....creative agencies can adjust that themselves. Exposure is more important. If visible dust is on the sensor, simply scrap it and move onto another file. 

5. Contribute less- If your time is worth 10 cents, by all means, "feed the beast". Ask yourself if you'd be willing to spell check legal documents for a $1 payout per document. If the answer is NO, consider decreasing contributions to SS. This not only frees up time you could use to be productive but spares SS the hassle of hosting millions of files. 

Too much effort for 10¢…

On 6/10/2020 at 3:01 PM, MJD Graphics said:

No, it's called ClickBait and against forum policy

If a moderator informs me that having a signature that includes a homepage is against forum guidelines, I will cease doing it.

Thanks,

We are working hardly, 1 vector poster which i designed taken minimum 1 hour, ideas, creativity brain storming... the reward of our efforts of our precious time is just 10 cents.. this is ridiculous.. i am very much dis-heart i am a new designer and contributor, when i started on ss as contributor they given reward 25 cents now i am facing financial problem due to covid-19 they decreased amount instead of increment... this is not fair... very much disappointed 

- Hi! My name is Shark and I'm an shutterstocker!
- (applause)

- I'm still uploading for 10 cents...
- (friendly nodding)
- But I upload less and less and this..crap...
- (applause)
- Only crap!!!
- (long applause)

I have thought about starting to up load to shuttercrooks again. I working on a collection of dime photos. SS would be the perfect agency for them. What if we flood them with photos of 10 cents of the equivalent? I hope I don't upset stockphotofan(boy)1, I couldn't sleep at night if I did that.

On 6/10/2020 at 6:25 PM, R Scott James said:

I have thought about starting to up load to shuttercrooks again. I working on a collection of dime photos. SS would be the perfect agency for them. What if we flood them with photos of 10 cents of the equivalent? I hope I don't upset stockphotofan(boy)1, I couldn't sleep at night if I did that.

Not sure I care how you sleep, but I sleep just fine using payments from agencies to invest and feed my family.

Thanks for the mention.

6 hours ago, Sharkshock said:

6 hours ago, Sharkshock said:

Your suggestion seem reasonable. 

I suggested that all contributors just don't upload new content for 30 days. 

Content is king and without fresh content there is no Shutterstock period. 

#justmyopinion 

Treat stock photography and video as a hobby, something that fits into your lifestyle, fits around a job or another, higher income producing activity, something you do just for fun and creative outlet, maybe upload 10 images or video clips per month, if that. 

It's time to re-envision our work, into a small, limited edition boutique-style portfolio that requires almost zero time and effort.  Then, when it does happen to make a few $$, great.

3 hours ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

Treat stock photography and video as a hobby, something that fits into your lifestyle, fits around a job or another, higher income producing activity, something you do just for fun and creative outlet, maybe upload 10 images or video clips per month, if that. 

It's time to re-envision our work, into a small, limited edition boutique-style portfolio that requires almost zero time and effort.  Then, when it does happen to make a few $$, great.

That comes pretty close to summing up my involvement in stock

$0.10 - That's the amount of money I would pay some micro worker to delete one image of my portfolio, haha.

Minimal effort and seems we have become co-workers > Mikrostock = Microworker...

1 hour ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

I take pics of ducks now. It's easy and fun. 

ducks-resting-on-empty-road-600w-1733403431.jpg

Apparently sometimes they sell too. Excellent  idea. Or road kill! Even better : ). And if someone wants to shoot the absolute top, then it should be a road kill 🦆!

On 6/10/2020 at 9:44 PM, stockphotofan1 said:

If a moderator informs me that having a signature that includes a homepage is against forum guidelines, I will cease doing it.

Thanks,

Can a moderator inform him to remove the clickbait signature and also ban him for trolling? Thanks in name of hundreds of users 

On 6/12/2020 at 8:26 PM, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

I take pics of ducks now. It's easy and fun. 

ducks-resting-on-empty-road-600w-1733403431.jpg

flying duck are hard though, if you can find 1 flying