Whiteaster

Just curious about that bonus

10 minutes ago, Sybille Reuter said:

😄😂 LOL "but I had a bad hair day!11" 

Wonderful typo. 

Had a 2.20 too, that's 22 pictures here. And discovered another "bonus" that equals 50 images sold here without even selling a picture - wow! Crazy to think about having to sell 72 images for under $10... 

Thanks, that happens to me often.

Congrats to your sale but care to share what that other bonus is?

35 minutes ago, Sybille Reuter said:

"breaking news" - something that ends up on the editorial front page apparently.

And still, with all these incentives to provide "fresh, on demand" yada yada I don't think I'll reach payout there in my lifetime. High RPD no sales until you give up, yet another brand of sneaky sociopathic business model... 

So, you can't say. Not even the place, TV, stock agency, where?

4 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Yep. Some of the most successful people in business are psychopaths. 

There are studies in the US that show the level of sociopathy (lack of empathy) is the same among CEO and prison inmates... and highest level of psychopathy in the professional world (law enforcement, journalism and surgeron comes after)

12 minutes ago, AsiaTravel said:

There are studies in the US that show the level of sociopathy (lack of empathy) is the same among CEO and prison inmates... and highest level of psychopathy in the professional world (law enforcement, journalism and surgeron comes after)

Such an interesting article here, esp. the last bit where it says that a way to disarm psychopaths is online communication 😁 (remember someone made their Twitter private...) 

https://amp.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/15/silicon-valley-psychopath-ceo-sxsw-panel

17 minutes ago, Sybille Reuter said:

No, it's on DT, their own editorial front page. A set of yours ends up there - you get a bonus. Literally called "breaking news". I had no idea it existed until I started hunting for the origin of those mystery $5...

So it is a bogus bonus. You've got a $5 sale? That is great.

So, about that list, I agree with the order but one category is missing, the ones that create the lists, the shrinks.

Statistics and mass media poison our world, they establish who prospers and who goes down, they bring non-value in the spotlight and bury real value as deep as they want.

I'll check out that link later, thanks.

Sell so rarely on there, it won't make a bit of difference to me - but at least the thought was there!!

Also - I think not only are SS losing contributors - but customers too - sales are even slower than normal (none for past 2 days) - even though we are only on peanuts!!  Maybe customers are going elsewhere :P

4 minutes ago, Sybille Reuter said:

Don't exactly understand where you're getting at right now... It's not a sale, that's the thing. That's why I investigated, balance had gone up without an apparent sale. It's just for ending up in the sets (I think). 

Sorry, I misunderstood something. I can't find what you are talking about, this is their editorial. Never mind, I don't go back, I hate that site and all their traps.

https://www.dreamstime.com/editorial-stock-photos-images

16 minutes ago, paula french said:

sales are even slower than normal (none for past 2 days) - even though we are only on peanuts!!  Maybe customers are going elsewhere 

We were complaining about 0 weekend days, now I have 2 x 0.1 - -that is still 0.

I don't see any changes at other agencies either. AS would be the next but I don't think buyers are favoring them (from what I've read on other forums, including their own).

1 hour ago, Sybille Reuter said:

Don't exactly understand where you're getting at right now

Earlier, you quoted Asia Travel about level of sociopathy. Somehow I messed up the comments and I thought that was your comment, that is why I was talking about a list.

1 hour ago, Sybille Reuter said:

Such an interesting article here, esp. the last bit where it says that a way to disarm psychopaths is online communication 😁 (remember someone made their Twitter private...) 

https://amp.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/15/silicon-valley-psychopath-ceo-sxsw-panel

Something reported on television a while ago ;

A Dutch tech company mainly working on assignments from our government, was having serious problems at the top Management level. Noone seemed to be able to deal with the decisions made my the CEO and left.

The story behind it was about the CEO’s girlfriend. She was exposed as a manipulative physopath, and she was influencing the CEO big time. It was a really scary story, because the CEO is one of the richest and influencial persons in my country. And the company is dealing with National security matters. 

Don’t know how this story ended - will see if I can find out😉

2 hours ago, Evelyn de Waard said:

Something reported on television a while ago ;

A Dutch tech company mainly working on assignments from our government, was having serious problems at the top Management level. Noone seemed to be able to deal with the decisions made my the CEO and left.

The story behind it was about the CEO’s girlfriend. She was exposed as a manipulative physopath, and she was influencing the CEO big time. It was a really scary story, because the CEO is one of the richest and influencial persons in my country. And the company is dealing with National security matters. 

Don’t know how this story ended - will see if I can find out😉

Then again blaming a woman would be what psychopathic CEOs do 😁

If it's true though it would be a strategic masterpiece using him as a proxy as he's more likely to be taken seriously:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/10/acting-like-a-psychopath-is-great-for-male-ceos-not-so-much-for-women/

Lol sorry this thread is getting a little OT and all about psychopath CEOs... It's a topic I've been rabbit holing and bitching about with colleagues since the beginning of time 😅

13 hours ago, paula french said:

Sell so rarely on there, it won't make a bit of difference to me - but at least the thought was there!!

Also - I think not only are SS losing contributors - but customers too - sales are even slower than normal (none for past 2 days) - even though we are only on peanuts!!  Maybe customers are going elsewhere :P

Seems customers are abandoning all stock sites as they're all slow for me, especially this week so far.

24 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Just had a sub for 0,35 - as it was before. Nothing has changed, no 10%.

DT's Achilles explains that in a comment:

it applies to all purchases made after 29th, they award the higher royalties. It doesn't apply to older purchases, since for example 5% of those were donated to WHO already. As for lowering the payment request threshold, we did hear you and explained that due to the high volume of transactions this would generate it can't be done. Lowering it would simply raise logistics and commission fees .............

https://www.dreamstime.com/blog/dreamstime-love-54073

Coming back to this thread, I must say that DT made a real effort sale-wise, this month.
They usually earn me under $10 but this month, their DT love brought me $1.71 for 5 sales. Obviously, the slice is getting smaller with the migration of contributors.

I never expected any of their love (and never got any) but I was expecting them to be consequent from page to page, at least.

DT3.jpg.ee87579d1f7cf75af04cdf241740b1d5.jpg

With this month's huge earnings, I am at $72.48 and it will take about a year and a half to make payout, at this rate.

On 6/7/2020 at 3:04 AM, Whiteaster said:

Ah so, I haven't read it. They also say that it will be given for a limited time (no promises). Maybe it will be over before they sell new packages.

Maybe Dreamstime wanted to get all of us dreaming?