Sign in to follow this  
Gtranquillity

Got my first $0.19 sale on DP

As expected (but unannounced until I just didn't get the announcement)

I just found my first 0.19 sub sale on DP where I never got anything lower then 0.32 for a sub.
Looking at their plans and pricing revealed the reason... they now got a new sub plan for 30 images for $29.

The race to the bottom has begun............

11 minutes ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

DP?

Depositphotos.

I looked back in my earnings rapport for the past 3 months and this is the first time there's a 0.19 sub sale.
The "plans and prices" page shows a "NEW" red icon with the flexible plan they now have as default option.

27 minutes ago, Gtranquillity said:

Depositphotos.

I looked back in my earnings rapport for the past 3 months and this is the first time there's a 0.19 sub sale.
The "plans and prices" page shows a "NEW" red icon with the flexible plan they now have as default option.

Unless it is some kind of promotion. I got one of these last year:

DP2.jpg.c55d5513069b32fd35666c330994fa37.jpg

Hmmm.... Perhaps it then is not the new plan they have up (I am a buyer there, never saw this plan before and there's a NEW button at the left top) but based on the contributors level. Meanwhile I looked back my sales history until Nov. last year and I never had anything lower then 32 cents.

7 hours ago, Gtranquillity said:

The race to the bottom has begun............

The race to the bottom began when the subscription plans were introduced in 2004. (Guess by whom)

1 hour ago, Rudy Umans said:

The race to the bottom began when the subscription plans were introduced in 2004. (Guess by whom)

+1

7 hours ago, oleschwander said:

Very few sales on DP - almost all 0.30 - but extremely quick and easy upload process, so ....

Same for me.If Small size sale 0.27c,most 0.30 and wondering when i will get  a different big sales that i am there since January-2020

30 minutes ago, Gulsen Ozcan said:

I Hope this price policy of SS will not have a domino effect for other agencies

I’m sure the other agencies will be watching how this unfolds very closely and will no doubt base any future decisions on that

12 minutes ago, njene said:

I’m sure the other agencies will be watching how this unfolds very closely and will no doubt base any future decisions on that

so we'll have to find a way then,we can not work with this prices! I am taking my titles and tags from here that i have not cvs of my images  and i will pull my port when i finish it.

I will give it this month to (hopefully) reach payout, but I can’t stomach these pennies.

i will disable and then probably pull my port if no material changes take place, I don’t care how much time I’ve spent uploading here, it’s just not worth seeing images selling for next to nothing

I get an occasional one of those low sales values on DP, but like others said it's quite rare.

You can always ask them what it was for in live chat. They are usually really helpful.

6 hours ago, Algol said:

I get an occasional one of those low sales values on DP, but like others said it's quite rare.

You can always ask them what it was for in live chat. They are usually really helpful.

I did that yesterday to make sure it was from the new package they have up. They took a look at my account and then said they would get back to me about it by email.  This is now about 24 hours ago but I haven't heard anything yet (no, it's not in spam :) )

I'am on 30% currently. 

Since the change, I have had sales for $ 0.10, 0.11, 0.14, 0.17 and 0.59.

Waiting for sales from the other tiers for $ 0.49, 0.75, 0.87, 1.47, 2.75, 2.94, 20.39, 26.94 and 29.85.

The probability in the higher tiers is low but still higher than video sales. 

These are my thoughts. All is not "Doom and Gloom" in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Dinesh Hukmani said:

I'am on 30% currently. 

Since the change, I have had sales for $ 0.10, 0.11, 0.14, 0.17 and 0.59.

Waiting for sales from the other tiers for $ 0.49, 0.75, 0.87, 1.47, 2.75, 2.94, 20.39, 26.94 and 29.85.

The probability in the higher tiers is low but still higher than video sales. 

These are my thoughts. All is not "Doom and Gloom" in my opinion.

This is about sales on SS I think, not Depositphotos I think?

Just now, Gtranquillity said:

This is about sales on SS I think, not Depositphotos I think?

Its about SS. I have reactivated deposit photos too. Shows a sale of $7 from some of my old pics. Got 52 pics up there recently. So far 0 views, 0 sales.

I am level 4. The number of photos sold for 10 - 17 cents per image is very high and that includes some of my "bestsellers." I'll stay with SS till the end of the year but come January 1  (which is going to reset everything to the lowest level), they will not see me again. Shame of them!

P.S. Not to mention that their technical standards are much higher than in many other agencies.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:56 AM, Gtranquillity said:

I did that yesterday to make sure it was from the new package they have up. They took a look at my account and then said they would get back to me about it by email.  This is now about 24 hours ago but I haven't heard anything yet (no, it's not in spam :) )

They usually get back to me by email when they say they will. Poke them if you don't hear anything and point out you're still waiting for a reply. For communication DP and AS are usually very fast.

1 hour ago, Algol said:

They usually get back to me by email when they say they will. Poke them if you don't hear anything and point out you're still waiting for a reply. For communication DP and AS are usually very fast.

I don't have any experience with AS, but I agree, DP usually does as promised, but I chatted 3x already and all I got so far is that Anna is working on it and I should hear from her shortly

4 hours ago, Gtranquillity said:

I don't have any experience with AS, but I agree, DP usually does as promised, but I chatted 3x already and all I got so far is that Anna is working on it and I should hear from her shortly

Hopefully DP will get back to you soon and not spoil their reputation for good communications! ;)
AS actually scared me! I sent a grumpy message about a rejection through their website. I expected a template reply with no useful answers in a few days. But in about 2 hours they sent me a very detailed reply answering all my questions and saying they would re-evaluate the rejection based on my message - and they did. Scary stuff! 🤣