chyworks

The variety of SUB and ODD sales

There is something that I have not read on the forum and may be interesting to look at. I mean the¬†media of $ per sub. In my case I have 88 subs and got 16,15 USD from those, 0.18 per sub. I definitely can see the greater earning potential they were talking about ūüė†. Sorry for posting it here, but I thought it was related somehow to the topic.¬†

39 minutes ago, David Moreno Hernandez said:

There is something that I have not read on the forum and may be interesting to look at. I mean the¬†media of $ per sub. In my case I have 88 subs and got 16,15 USD from those, 0.18 per sub. I definitely can see the greater earning potential they were talking about ūüė†. Sorry for posting it here, but I thought it was related somehow to the topic.¬†

you mean

. In my case I have 88 subs and lost 15 or 20 cents per sub. (depending what level you were at)

11 minutes ago, jean-francois me said:

you mean

Is my writing wrong?  I am always trying to improve my English, but as I am not a native person errors come along. 

Do you also have 88 subs? O. o, how weird is that? I am level 4, so I'm losing around 50% of revenue.

1 hour ago, David Moreno Hernandez said:

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. RPD (return per download) will be very different for everyone. There are countless prices for SUB-s ODD-s... and there is no way of knowing why you get what you get. Have a look at all those prices Chyworks have gathered till now on page one of this thread : https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/100381-the-variety-of-sub-and-odd-sales/

1 hour ago, Whiteaster said:

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. RPD (return per download) will be very different for everyone. There are countless prices for SUB-s ODD-s... and there is no way of knowing why you get what you get. Have a look at all those prices Chyworks have gathered till now on page one of this thread : https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/100381-the-variety-of-sub-and-odd-sales/

Yes, I know. I am talking about earnings per subs not taking into consideration ODDs, SODs or ELs. 

2 hours ago, David Moreno Hernandez said:

Yes, I know. I am talking about earnings per subs not taking into consideration ODDs, SODs or ELs. 

I think that would make an interesting separate thread. Given that we all had initially hoped the higher ones would even out the lower ones, I'd be curious to find out whether anyone, at any level, is doing ok right now on the subs in this new payment structure.

9 hours ago, David Moreno Hernandez said:

Is my writing wrong?  I am always trying to improve my English, but as I am not a native person errors come along. 

Do you also have 88 subs? O. o, how weird is that? I am level 4, so I'm losing around 50% of revenue.

your writing is fine. I just think that getting 0.18 per download, due to a unilateral change means you actually loss, either from the 33 or 38 cents you were entitled (depending what level you were at).  I was more arguing the positive slant of your communication.  In the end SS got almost as much EXTRA money, as you even did received 

9 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

and ODD and EL should be irrelevant as we were already getting % before, and Not dropping to 15% on January 1.  What will stop SS from delaying reporting of all December sales?

5 hours ago, Milo J said:

I think that would make an interesting separate thread. Given that we all had initially hoped the higher ones would even out the lower ones, I'd be curious to find out whether anyone, at any level, is doing ok right now on the subs in this new payment structure.

i am way more interested in the sudden jump in SODs and EL that will suddenly happen in early January 2021 to be honest.

20 hours ago, Milo J said:

Totally agree. I am interested in that as well. I am also very interested in the aggregated average returns now for SUBS and ODDS at every earnings level. As Whiteaster said, everyone's RPD will be different, but given enough time and enough data we should be able to fairly accurately project what we can expect after the January reset and the onerous process of progressing through the levels again.

For example, as of this morning my return per SUB (RPS) at level 5 is .257. That's a decline of 32% from my former .38. My return per OD (RPOD) is 3.34. An increase of 21% over my former 2.75 OD calculated average. Combined my net loss is 15%. Since I am at the 35% level which remains unchanged for SOD's, Enhanced, etc., I am not including those but remain keenly aware that after January if I decide to continue I will be taking a substantial percentage hit on those as well until I claw my way back to level 5. Based on prior data I can expect to be back at level 3 by the end of January, remain at level 4 for up to 3 months more, and never reach level six. Since SOD's and Enhanced on average make up 26% of my income I can also make a rough projection on how that would affect my overall income next year. For January I would be losing approximately 10% of 26% at levels 1, 2, and 3, Feb, Mar, and April 5% of 26% at level 4, and the rest of the year back to normal. So for me overall 3.9% plus 15% of total income with the very limited data I have so far. This is why the actual numbers interest me very much. One thing that is very clear so far to me though is that the actuaries decided to hit levels 4, 3, 2, and 1 progressively harder while giving level 6 a slight edge. Also video exclusivity elsewhere is probably the smart bet for most.

@chyworksI would start another thread for this but don't want to seem as though I am competing with this one. I am genuinely interested in both metrics. What are your thoughts about combining the two?

1 hour ago, Foodio said:

Totally agree. I am interested in that as well. I am also very interested in the aggregated average returns now for SUBS and ODDS at every earnings level. As Whiteaster said, everyone's RPD will be different, but given enough time and enough data we should be able to fairly accurately project what we can expect after the January reset and the onerous process of progressing through the levels again.

For example, as of this morning my return per SUB (RPS) at level 5 is .257. That's a decline of 32% from my former .38. My return per OD (RPOD) is 3.34. An increase of 21% over my former 2.75 OD calculated average. Combined my net loss is 15%. Since I am at the 35% level which remains unchanged for SOD's, Enhanced, etc., I am not including those but remain keenly aware that after January if I decide to continue I will be taking a substantial percentage hit on those as well until I claw my way back to level 5. Based on prior data I can expect to be back at level 3 by the end of January, remain at level 4 for up to 3 months more, and never reach level six. Since SOD's and Enhanced on average make up 26% of my income I can also make a rough projection on how that would affect my overall income next year. For January I would be losing approximately 10% of 26% at levels 1, 2, and 3, Feb, Mar, and April 5% of 26% at level 4, and the rest of the year back to normal. So for me overall 3.9% plus 15% of total income with the very limited data I have so far. This is why the actual numbers interest me very much. One thing that is very clear so far to me though is that the actuaries decided to hit levels 4, 3, 2, and 1 progressively harder while giving level 6 a slight edge. Also video exclusivity elsewhere is probably the smart bet for most.

@chyworksI would start another thread for this but don't want to seem as though I am competing with this one. I am genuinely interested in both metrics. What are your thoughts about combining the two?

Hi Foodio, 

I‚Äôm definitely for the idea of starting a new thread as milo and debbie have suggested. Please go ahead¬†for the interests of fellow contributors.¬†Thanks for asking ūüôŹūüŹĽūüėä

2 hours ago, chyworks said:

I‚Äôm definitely for the idea of starting a new thread as milo and debbie have suggested. Please go ahead¬†for the interests of fellow contributors.¬†Thanks for asking ūüôŹūüŹĽūüėä

I will go ahead and create this thread. @Foodio - please copy and paste your stats there.