Jump to content
chyworks

The variety of SUB and ODD sales

Recommended Posts

The longer it takes to compile the list, the clearer it becomes that almost any amount is possible in a given area. 
This is already obvious. 
I am sometimes a bit slow and therefore still haven't understood where the deeper meaning behind this compilation lies. 
A short, concise, understandable explanation for slow thinkers like me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, geogif said:

The longer it takes to compile the list, the clearer it becomes that almost any amount is possible in a given area. 
This is already obvious. 
I am sometimes a bit slow and therefore still haven't understood where the deeper meaning behind this compilation lies. 
A short, concise, understandable explanation for slow thinkers like me?

I am really bad at giving explanation, Geogif. However, i will try my best to give it a go since you have a fair question. 
 

This is from my own observation and i can be wrong. On one glance, the values can look like they’re all over the place. When you make a comparison of the top value sub and odd in each level, it shows that the higher your level is, you will likely to have a more varied sales in values . But that of course still depends on various factor such as what your clients are mainly from whether they are from large subscriptions base or smaller subscriptions base. It has a direct impact to one’s RPD. Mine i suspect mainly are from large subs hence my RPD always at the lower than average side. 
 

So far i hope more data is coming in from level 3. The lowest ODD for level 3 is 40 cents but the lowest ODD in all levels came from level 4?? That in itself a pretty shocking number to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, geogif said:

The longer it takes to compile the list, the clearer it becomes that almost any amount is possible in a given area. 
This is already obvious. 
I am sometimes a bit slow and therefore still haven't understood where the deeper meaning behind this compilation lies. 
A short, concise, understandable explanation for slow thinkers like me?

geogif,

when we started this, I was naive enough to think that we would be able to figure out a system what kind of packages are available for customers.

The more extensive the data set becomes, the more it becomes clear that Shutterstock can offer each customer an individual package and individual prices.

If this is the case, there is the threat of another downward price spiral. Not only because of the new revenue structure, but also because shutterstock can reduce all purchase prices at will. And I guess they will do so more and more. Or even worse: the prices are not lower at all - they simply pay us less because the whole system is simply no longer comprehensible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, geogif said:

The longer it takes to compile the list, the clearer it becomes that almost any amount is possible in a given area. 
This is already obvious. 
I am sometimes a bit slow and therefore still haven't understood where the deeper meaning behind this compilation lies. 
A short, concise, understandable explanation for slow thinkers like me?

 

 

and what is also clearly obvious is that Shutterstock does not give a hoot about communication.  We still have no information as to what type of package individual sales are from, where the sales happened (except if you keep track in the rolling 20 maps), what currency conversion they use, the actual date of the download.  Just report random cr%p and the people won't be able to argue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jean-francois me said:

 

 

and what is also clearly obvious is that Shutterstock does not give a hoot about communication.  We still have no information as to what type of package individual sales are from, where the sales happened (except if you keep track in the rolling 20 maps), what currency conversion they use, the actual date of the download.  Just report random cr%p and the people won't be able to argue...

Yeah, that's right. 
We only get the results from whatever. 
And, as Wilm has already said, probably SS has made special agreements with all kinds of buyers that don't fit into the schemes we see. 
Some dairy cows think that the milking machine is their child. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here are my LEVEL 5 on demand numbers - in addition to those already listed  (not including 1st and 2nd of June as there was a mistake in the system as per shuterstock's announcement):

 

 

  • 3.87
  • 2.96
  • 2.83
  • 2.81
  • 3.06
  • 2.93
  • 1.16
  • 2.54
  • 2.52
  • 2.14
  • 4.20
  • 2.75
  • 0.55
  • 2.72
  • 3.70
  • 2.57
  • 2.46
  • 1.95
  • 2.94
  • 1.31
  • 1.40
  • 2.59
  • 2.58
  • 2.44
  • 2.36
  • 1.05
  • 3.94
  • 3.88
  • 2.86
  • 2.74
  • 2.38
  • 5.16
  • 1.01

I've noticed $3.43 to be my most frequent on demand value. 

Edited by Cryptographer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DaLiu said:

SOD, Level 5 - 

$87.50

Nice one, but we're not keeping track of SODs, as they have always been at a percentage and all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

ODD, level 4

4.3

These are the kind of ODDs I'd been hoping for to make up for the $0.10 subs. Haven't gotten one yet, but one can always hope. It's a bit like playing the lottery, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cryptographer said:

Here are my LEVEL 5 on demand numbers - in addition to those already listed  (not including 1st and 2nd of June as there was a mistake in the system as per shuterstock's announcement):

 

 

  • 3.87
  • 2.96
  • 2.83
  • 2.81
  • 3.06
  • 2.93
  • 1.16
  • 2.54
  • 2.52
  • 2.14
  • 4.20
  • 2.75
  • 0.55
  • 2.72
  • 3.70
  • 2.57
  • 2.46
  • 1.95
  • 2.94
  • 1.31
  • 1.40
  • 2.59
  • 2.58
  • 2.44
  • 2.36
  • 1.05
  • 3.94
  • 3.88
  • 2.86
  • 2.74
  • 2.38
  • 5.16
  • 1.01

I've noticed $3.43 to be my most frequent on demand value. 

This is impressive, Crytographer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Milo J said:

These are the kind of ODDs I'd been hoping for to make up for the $0.10 subs. Haven't gotten one yet, but one can always hope. It's a bit like playing the lottery, isn't it?

I have just this one of this value. Most of them are 2.94; 2.95, but I have one for 1.66 too, so it is like lottery indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...