chyworks

The variety of SUB and ODD sales

15 hours ago, chyworks said:

Thanks @Whiteaster

Yes, I noticed too since Debbie last posted on the subs package in UK.

Despite the difference, 350/750 is still the main reason which brought us to all low sub sales regardless where it came from.

Chy, I added two more rows at the bottom of my table, multiple users (team) 750 images. That is all what is disclosed, the rest is "get in touch".

7 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

@chyworks You may be asleep at the moment but you should realise that you have a 24 hour a day job now as the forum accountant. No time for sleep.

Seriously though thank you for doing this. Sadly I don't think you will see any pattern in the end as there are too many variables that can make up each payment. You may just end up with a headache 🤯

Yes, I just woke up Debbie. 

Thanks but it was fine updating this, no headache (yet!) haha

There's something worth looking into such as the pattern of similiarity and difference amongst tiers. 

Hello, can I collaborate?  (level 4)
Here are my sales:
subscriptions: 0.14 - 0.10 - 1.27 - 0.15 - 0.12 - 0.39 - 0.18 - 0.13 - 0.11 - 1.03 - 1.20 - 1.14 - 0.20 - 0.16
singles: 1.59 - 1.21
on demand: 2.94 - 3.25

by Italy

7 minutes ago, lorenza62 said:

Hello, can I collaborate?
Here are my sales:
subscriptions: 0.14 - 0.10 - 1.27 - 0.15 - 0.12 - 0.39 - 0.18 - 0.13 - 0.11 - 1.03 - 1.20 - 1.14 - 0.20 - 0.16
singles: 1.59 - 1.21
on demand: 2.94 - 3.25

by Italy

Sure, @lorenza62
The Singles however is excluded from the list.

Thanks.

Given the general lack of clarity surrounding these new rates the work you are doing is much appreciated. However as one .10 sale after another drops in it is becoming clear that .10 will become the disheartening norm.

Got a new one for your list: Level 4 SUB of $0.33

3 hours ago, David Moreno Hernandez said:

OD

That would make me so mad!

24 minutes ago, Milo J said:

That would make me so mad!

Since it was from South America I can tolerate it. I just wonder if those 0,60$ are 30% of the payment, according to the level im at. How could SS afford to pay me 2,48 before, for a 1,80$ OD.  There is something wrong about this...

2 hours ago, David Moreno Hernandez said:

I just wonder if those 0,60$ are 30% of the payment, according to the level im at. How could SS afford to pay me 2,48 before, for a 1,80$ OD.  There is something wrong about this...

Maybe they were subsidizing some of the ODDs too before. Who knows.

I just got a $1.65 ODD from the US, which makes me angry. There is no ODD plan that would produce this number, the lowest it should have ever gotten for me at level 4 is $2.74.

So they are heavily discounting their plans all around, and we get to eat our portion of that. But then, if a customer doesn't use up all their downloads, that windfall is all for SS. 😞

40 minutes ago, Milo J said:

Maybe they were subsidizing some of the ODDs too before. Who knows.

I just got a $1.65 ODD from the US, which makes me angry. There is no ODD plan that would produce this number, the lowest it should have ever gotten for me at level 4 is $2.74.

So they are heavily discounting their plans all around, and we get to eat our portion of that. But then, if a customer doesn't use up all their downloads, that windfall is all for SS. 😞

I kinda understand that SS was obviously paying us sometimes more of what they actually get. It might have been because back in the day it was just a few sells in those country, less competition with other agency, less tier 3 contributors, less discount, etc. 

But I believe that starting from 15% is an insult to everyone. It should start from 25% and finish at 50%. I think the level 5 and 6 are the heart of SS business so they deserve half the price. 

Secondly, SS should share the "unsold" price between all contributors paid on a plan. That is fair, that's respecting the contributor.

Finally, SS obviously doesn't want video from new contributor. Having enough video to actually earn money is just impossible, unless you already have an important collection...