chyworks

The variety of SUB and ODD sales

1 hour ago, Whiteaster said:

Hi Will,

I can't see $4.42 either, not even on Milo's table for the US. Was this the contributor's commission or you converted the currencies, the later doesn't work.

Hi Whiteaster,

the US$ 4.42 was his commission. He showed me in our own forum. 

Hour commissions are always paid in US$. So our income is reduced by converting through PayPal. It's a minus of 2 %.

34 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Hi Whiteaster,

the US$ 4.42 was his commission. He showed me in our own forum. 

Hour commissions are always paid in US$. So our income is reduced by converting through PayPal. It's a minus of 2 %.

I'm afraid that Preypal is nearer 4% these days.Every time they sent a notice to amend the conditions of use, they bumped up their take....it's what large corporations with pan-national powers do!

2 hours ago, chyworks said:

I have an ODD at 4.27.

Do you know under any price structure of ODD be it single or multiseat that is sold for USD1.70?

As have one which is 0.56 cents on ODD.

Last year I had two sales under single and other. Baring in mind the lowest you could be paid was your 0.25 cent for a sub. But I had two single or other payments for 0.22. I have since seen that this wasnt supposed to happen and people got their correct fee. I haven't but pointless asking  support. 

But could it be that these low OD are in fact single or other payments made under pre-existing agreements that have been wrongly placed in the OD collumn. 

I dont know obviously. But if you cant find a plan with that on .... 

35 minutes ago, stevemart said:

I'm afraid that Preypal is nearer 4% these days.Every time they sent a notice to amend the conditions of use, they bumped up their take....it's what large corporations with pan-national powers do!

You are right, Steve. It must have been 3,5% when I converted last time.

2 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

@stockphotofan1 has helpfully posted this in another thread. Any understanding is lost I think and must be replaced by trust.

Screenshot_20200608-114450_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is the most useful and helpful summary of the new earnings that I have read so far.

Thanks for this.

The RPD is going down quite significantly comparing to the first week of June 2019

Meanwhile I have also started to upload more works to Adobe Stock and already seeing positive outcome.

I agree with what you guys said above and think it's not much coming out of it by just looking at the variation of sales since there are 256 kind or more things that need to be factor in. 

9 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

@balajisrinivasan I found this full version in the Terms and Conditions. 

Makes it all the more imperative that Shutterstock makes their sales info absolutely transparent giving us information about where the picture was bought and for how much like IS does.

21 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

@Wilm Ihlenfeld & @stevemart how can that be so different, I have only 1% fee at PP but their conversion rate is the worst of all.

Hi Whiteaster,

I took the attached screenshot on 05. June
On this day the exchange rate was
1 US$ = 0.885928

US$ 609.99 would have resulted in Euro 540.41 on that day. They paid 521.04 Euro. So the difference is about 3.5%.

The best part is the line "Gebühr Kostenlos" which means "Fee free of charge". 

Exchangerate.jpg

51 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

On this day the exchange rate was
1 US$ = 0.885928

Which exchange rate is this? It is not PP's. This is different at every bank or exchange office but usually very close to each other,

PP aber has its own exchange rate, the one in the red frame and the worst I've ever seen.

Wilm, that is no democracy, how come that you have no fees?

Here is one of mine from DP in May

62217299_May123-DP.jpg.0745dc258fbf5e65e4cd7c9b34f4600f.jpg1% fee

8 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Which exchange rate is this? It is not PP's. This is different at every bank or exchange office but usually very close to each other,

PP aber has its own exchange rate, the one in the red frame and the worst I've ever seen.

Wilm, that is no democracy, how come that you have no fees?

Here is one of mine from DP in May

62217299_May123-DP.jpg.0745dc258fbf5e65e4cd7c9b34f4600f.jpg1% fee

0,885928 was from exchange-rates.org, where you can research the history day by day.

And I can't tell you why we're not paying a fee. Maybe it's a marketing trick. They get the fee by cleverly hiding it in the exchange rate. Everyone would have to do research, which a lot of people don't. But everyone can see the fee right away - it's bad publicity.

4 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

I was joking about the fee, I thought you understand it.

Well, I admit that I'm actually wondering why you have to pay a fee and I don't. This is a bit strange.

12 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Well, I admit that I'm actually wondering why you have to pay a fee and I don't. This is a bit strange.

I wouldn't mind the fee if they would let me transfer each currency to its own account in my bank, so I could exchange it at a much better value.

As things go now, I will not have this problem soon, my sales this month are very poor all over the board.

HI, I resend my previous post. It needed to be submitted by admin (my first post here).

It looks like there could be some discounts which affect our final earnings.

On 6/7/2020 at 11:02 AM, Pyty said:

I asked for the difference in prices of ODD and here is the answer from Shutterstock:

Please be informed, if your content is purchased at a discounted price, you will receive a percentage consistent with your earnings level based on the discounted license value received by Shutterstock.

The amount that you earn from each download is a percentage of the price paid by the customer for that license. The percentage paid to you varies with the earnings level you are in at the time of the purchase, while the purchase price varies depending on the type of plan the customer used to download your content.

Additionally, Shutterstock is further investing resources into new programs and channels that drive new opportunities and earnings models, such as API integrations and partnerships with leading creative and social platforms.

1 hour ago, Whiteaster said:

I wouldn't mind the fee if they would let me transfer each currency to its own account in my bank, so I could exchange it at a much better value.

As things go now, I will not have this problem soon, my sales this month are very poor all over the board.

Same here, Whiteaster.

My RPD today is 0,25 for twenty downloads so far.

1 hour ago, Pyty said:

HI, I resend my previous post. It needed to be submitted by admin (my first post here).

I received the same mail today - and many other contributors too.

10 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

My RPD today is 0,25 for twenty downloads so far.

Oh, you're doing great. I think mine is around $0.12 right now over the last four days. Not amused.

6 minutes ago, Milo J said:

Oh, you're doing great. I think mine is around $0.12 right now over the last four days. Not amused.

This is all really a nightmare, isn't it? I'm keeping everyone who's already disabled in our own forum updated at the moment. They know now that they did everything right. I'll be joining them soon, I suppose.

2 hours ago, Pyty said:

Thanks for the info.

So it is not just the miserable commission but discounts too.

2 hours ago, Pyty said:

new programs and channels that drive new opportunities and earnings models, such as API integrations and partnerships with leading creative and social platforms.

Each time they said this it got even worse.

Forest Gump: "Life is like a box of choclate. You never know, what you get."

Contributor: "Shutterstock is like..."

Hi Chy, you can add a 1,15 sub - still level 4.