chyworks

The variety of SUB and ODD sales

1 hour ago, geogif said:

I suspect this is related to the reduction of personnel costs.
Our commissions are probably calculated by the capable reviewers who have otherwise done excellent work in the evaluation of noise, focus and similar.

:D I guess that's it.

wow... that looks very confusing...
Thank you for sharing.
Mine are level 3 subs:

0,1 came from Germany, Japan, USA, Latvia, India, Spain, Serbia, Russia, China

0,11 came from Germany

0,12 came from Germany

0,13 came from Germany, Japan, Czech Republic

0,16 came from Germany

hope that helps

Level 4 ODDs have been $2,04, $2.06 and $3.00 for me. Subs are all over the place from 10cents thru every teen to 18 cents to 59 cents to 79 cents. What is more important is that compared with May the average value per dl is down from $0.64 (month) to $0.42 in the first week of June. Netherlands.

10 hours ago, Milo J said:

My numbers are all over the place. Some match up with yours, many others don't match with anything.

Level 4 SUBs:

3.04*

2.46*

2.39*

* all these could have been SOD's, this happened on the day of the reporting glitch where everything showed up as SODs. But I don't normally get 3 SOD's in a day

Level 4 ODDs:

2.94 (forget from where)

2.22 (Australia)

Looking back at this week: Overall, my sales volume has been down. I sell mostly in the US, which was preoccupied with the riots. Also, my assumption (wishful thinking) that higher subs and odds will make up for the low ones in the long run is on shaky ground right now. The first two days I did great, the next few days absolutely sucked.

I am particularly ticked off by the ODDs being lower than expected, based on the US pricing structure. At level 4 all my ODDs should have been at least $2.74. Let's try to keep track of countries for ODDs from now on and see if there is any rhyme or reason to these commissions. But I already suspect there isn't, as another contributor reported a $0.96 ODD at level 4 coming in from the US. So my conclusion is that if SS offers additional discounts, we are eating a portion of that.

Right now my RPD is in free fall. Hoping for some higher amounts next week to put the brakes on it.

Thanks Milo and Stevemart,

I have added your numbers to the initial list. Does anyone also noticed that the subs above 1 dollar, Level 4 is higher than level 5?

Hi, Chy,

I guess we'll never know if we're being properly compensated. Because it is now clear that there are also individual agreements in the ODs.

I had written to support with the request to explain why there was only $ 2.58 for an OD.

Here is the answer:

"Hi Wilm,

We hear your concern with the new earnings structure changes. If your content is purchased at a discounted price, you will receive a percentage consistent with your earnings level based on the discounted license value received by Shutterstock.

Additionally, Shutterstock is further investing resources into new programs and channels that drive new opportunities and earnings models, such as API integrations and partnerships with leading creative and social platforms.  

You can learn more about it on the following link https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/contributor-earnings-update

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us anytime.   

Thanks,
Anuj
Shutterstock Contributor Care Team"

I have three new numbers from the weekend - level 4:

subs:

43 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

We expect you to report back to us @chyworks with a clear, logical, concise and full explanation of all of our sales 😂😁🤣

Hahaha... i also wish there's a logical and concise explaination on our sales, Debbie.  

What frustrated me was i got a 0.91 cents OD earlier from Korea and i can't find anywhere that has a price percentage related to that earning. So yes, it will be very helpful for someone who hold the information to share it with us but after 201 pages on the other side of the forum, i kind of know what to expect. That's to not have any expectation at all.

Meanwhile, I will keep updating on the list of all the numbers of subs and ODD that have been shared here by fellow contributors.

😅

Just now, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Hi, Chy,

I guess we'll never know if we're being properly compensated. Because it is now clear that there are also individual agreements in the ODs.

I had written to support with the request to explain why there was only $ 2.58 for an OD.

Here is the answer:

"Hi Wilm,

We hear your concern with the new earnings structure changes. If your content is purchased at a discounted price, you will receive a percentage consistent with your earnings level based on the discounted license value received by Shutterstock.

Additionally, Shutterstock is further investing resources into new programs and channels that drive new opportunities and earnings models, such as API integrations and partnerships with leading creative and social platforms.  

You can learn more about it on the following link https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/contributor-earnings-update

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us anytime.   

Thanks,
Anuj
Shutterstock Contributor Care Team"

I have three new numbers from the weekend - level 4:

subs:

Thanks for your update, Wilm!

No wonder those little cheeky buggers that's less than our tier earnings on ODD can creep up just like that!

😢

Ok. Distracting slightly but reading through one thing is a major issue. Currency conversion. Any attempt to work anything out requires that we know what conversion  was used. Was it the daily level. An average conversion. Who tf knows. Moving on I'll use a US purchase.

I received an OD paymnet of 0.98 cents at tier 1 - 15%. You cant reverse a percentage because it comes up short. But we have payment plans. It was purchased in the states so I'll used Milos screen grab for US payment plans. 

Because the OD was low ill go straight to the largest image plan. 25 images - $229 = $9.16 per image. 

I was on tier 1 so

15% of an image @ 9.16 = $1.10

But I got $0.98

But we have no way of proving that my payment was from a high package purchase. Only what SS claims.

-------------------------------------------------

US OD $29 for 2 images. $14.50 per image.

UK OD £29 for 5 images. £5.80 per image. 

And big me up please .... I have broken through the tier 1 barrier. I am now a Tier 2. I'd like to thank my mum, my god, and those that got me where I am today without whom I wouldn't be the humble, happy go lucky, megaseller that I am today. Woop... go me.

I bought an image from a contributor last week to make a test.

It was an OD. We had paid 49,00 Euro without VAT / 58,31 Euro including VAT. VAT here in Germany is at 19%.

That means:
A picture cost us 9.00 euros without VAT / 10.71 euros including VAT.

The contributor is on level 5. So he gets 35%.

That would be 3.15 Euro = US$ 3.56 or 3.75 = US$ 4.24, depending on whether the VAT is included.
It is possible that different calculations are made. In the USA an OD costs US$ 9.80 without VAT - then it would have been US$ 3.43 at 35%.

The VAT is different everywhere in the USA. I have no idea if I have to start from New York because that's where shutterstock's headquarters are located?

The German contributor received US$ 4.42. How this is calculated is a mystery to me. Just for information.

@Wilm Ihlenfeld

At tier 5 you will get 35% of the purchase price. 

But I have just looked at your German price plan screen grab. 5 images is €9.80 per image. Using Google currency conversion this = $11.06

35% of $11.06 = $3.871 rounded up $3.90

Which is an overpayment of $0.52 cents. 

-------------------------------------------

If you include VAT and use your figure of €58.31 ÷ 5 images = €11.66 per image. Convert to usd using Google again = 

$13.16 

35% of $13.16 = $4.60

Close enough if you take into account a variable exchange rate mechanism used by SS. Google exchange rate isnt used by everyone is it. And perhaps variable tax.

4 minutes ago, Scorsby said:

@Wilm Ihlenfeld

At tier 5 you will get 35% of the purchase price. 

The plan you used obviously stated that price per image was $9.80 per image. 35% of which is meant to be $3.43. Instead he receievd $4.42. On the face of it an overpayment of $0.99 cents.

------------------------------------------

But I have just looked at your German price plan screen grab. 5 images is €9.80 per image. Using Google currency conversion this = $11.06

35% of $11.06 = $3.871 rounded up $3.90

Which is an overpayment of $0.52 cents. 

-------------------------------------------

If you include VAT and use your figure of €58.31 ÷ 5 images = €11.66 per image. Convert to usd using Google again = 

$13.16 

35% of $13.16 = $4.60

Close enough if you take into account a variable exchange rate mechanism used by SS. Google exchange rate isnt used by everyone is it. And perhaps variable tax.

Uuups, Scorsby, my mistake! You are right. 49 / 5 = 9,80 per image. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Uuups, Scorsby, my mistake! You are right. 49 / 5 = 9,80 per image. Sorry.

Well we still have to account for $0.28 cents @Wilm Ihlenfeld and we have to assume TAX is included as you have shown. Or the figures are bollox. 

Arghhhh Edit .... $0.18 cents sorry.

EDIT - I removed the first paragraph because that was my working out lol. I got the currency symbols muddled. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I bought an image from a contributor last week to make a test.

It was an OD. We had paid 49,00 Euro without VAT / 58,31 Euro including VAT. VAT here in Germany is at 19%.

That means:
A picture cost us 9.00 euros without VAT / 10.71 euros including VAT.

The contributor is on level 5. So he gets 35%.

Here are the ODD prices, single user, for EU, see if you can use it. On the pricing page, EL-s are also ODD-s (just a headsup).

Why did you include VAT in contributor %, or did I misunderstood something.

39635693_ODDpricesA.thumb.jpg.2b7fe3d3bc49a307ff42f639b539d17c.jpg

It is a huge difference at the 25 pack standard between US and EU prices.

25 images standard - $229/ pack (from Milo's screenshot)  and €179 in EU.

12 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Here are the ODD prices, single user, for EU, see if you can use it. On the pricing page, EL-s are also ODD-s (just a headsup).

Why did you include VAT in contributor %, or did I misunderstood something.

39635693_ODDpricesA.thumb.jpg.2b7fe3d3bc49a307ff42f639b539d17c.jpg

It is a huge difference at the 25 pack standard between US and EU prices.

25 images standard - $229/ pack (from Milo's screenshot)  and €179 in EU.

Hello, Whiteaster,

we bought the 5-pack of ODs.
9,80 Euro per picture. I have tried to find out how it could have come to US$ 4.42, although according to your table it is only US$ 3.43.

Like Scorsby already calculated: You get approximate that revenue when you factor in the VAT.

ODD.jpg

Strewth! I had an EL ($20.39) from St. Louis (USA) yesterday that was within one cent of the expected commission at 30% from Whiteaster's chart from the 25 pack enhanced. Subs are still '10, 11, 12 and choose any teen'.🙂

@Wilm Ihlenfeld and @Whiteaster 

I'm not sure if VAT is included in purchase prices. Wilm your reciept for your plan should show if it is?

In the UK books do not incurr VAT but kindle books do. Classed as digital media they are not TAX exempt.

Although I know there was a plan in the UK to remove VAT for digital books. Perhaps photos fall into digital media and therefore VAT.

2 minutes ago, stevemart said:

Strewth! I had an EL ($20.39) from St. Louis (USA) yesterday that was within one cent of the expected commission at 30% from Whiteaster's chart from the 25 pack enhanced. Subs are still '10, 11, 12 and choose any teen'.🙂

I forgot to say that I didn't round up the decimals because I didn't know if SS does it, I cut them down after the second decimal.

Just a note: there are also the multi-seat ODD-s which are not included here.

15 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

we bought the 5-pack of ODs.
9,80 Euro per picture. I have tried to find out how it could have come to US$ 4.42, although according to your table it is only US$ 3.43.

Like Scorsby already calculated: You get approximate that revenue when you factor in the VAT.

Hi Will,

I can't see $4.42 either, not even on Milo's table for the US. Was this the contributor's commission or you converted the currencies, the later doesn't work.

29 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

I forgot to say that I didn't round up the decimals because I didn't know if SS does it, I cut them down after the second decimal.

Just a note: there are also the multi-seat ODD-s which are not included here.

I've had a couple of multi-seat ODDs presumably. I expected to get $2.14 or $2.15 but instead I had $2.04 and $2.06 (again 30% level). One was from the US but not sure about the other. The only thing that really matters is, at the end of this month what is the average price per dl compared with pre-Dick Turpin!

8 minutes ago, chyworks said:

Do you know under any price structure of ODD be it single or multiseat that is sold for USD1.70?

I haven't even looked at multi-seat, I had enough of calculation. Besides, I don't have access to US prices, sorry.