Jump to content
chyworks

The variety of SUB and ODD sales

Recommended Posts

Welcome back Wilm and thanks for sharing your June insight with us.

Your conclusion is spot on that SS has this figured out.  For me, June sales has gone down and the first few days of July didn't start well either. A downward trend it seems, since I have had some strange ELs in June, hope it will bring on to this month as well to ease the slow sales in general.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can only confirm what David said, almost every sub since July 1 is 10 cents. This is a no-brainer...... I notice the amount of submissions is dropping......It's a pity because there were some things about the website I liked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I have many numbers that are not listed in that list. I feel like there might not be much point in this list and that, at least up to a certain limit, you can get every random number at every level simply by the fact that in every country customers pay in their own currency, with their own prices and that the convertion rate from that currency to $ might change on a daily base. A sale where a customer paid 5€ for an image might earn me 1.69$ one one day and 1.64$ on the next day, just because the conversion rate has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Firn said:


I have many numbers that are not listed in that list. I feel like there might not be much point in this list and that, at least up to a certain limit, you can get every random number at every level simply by the fact that in every country customers pay in their own currency, with their own prices and that the convertion rate from that currency to $ might change on a daily base. A sale where a customer paid 5€ for an image might earn me 1.69$ one one day and 1.64$ on the next day, just because the conversion rate has changed.

Yes, really not sure this will be meaningful attempt in populating the list. Was initially thinking of how far the variety goes in term of the sub and ODD and still like to see how far it can still be carried on.

No offence, when you said you have many numbers that not yet listed here, i will be quite surprised if those numbers are from level 5? Level 3 is far less numbers appeared than say level 4 or 5... anyway, i do see your point as fellow contributors had posted their similar views earlier.

I am aware that teeny sales still exist by large in every tier. Maybe if there’s an official list from SS this thread wouldn’t be here in the first place. Personally I am just curious to see also if there’s any advantage being in higher tier as the announcement claimed that it will be a fair way to reward contributors with the new earning system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're right, it must be a variation because of the currency so I imagine that some numbers listed are just fluctuation of currency.

For example: 

level 5 - 1.43     1.39     1.35     1.34     1.33     1.28     1.26

level 4 - 0.35     0.33     0.32     0.31     0.29     0.28     0.27

level 3 - 0.73     0.72

Those could be currency fluctuation and small difference in pack price from country to country... 

Also, the volume of sale is higher for level 5 than level 4 than level 3 that's probably why there is less numbers in the number 3 list. I usually get 2 to 3 downloads a day while a number 5 would have 20 downloads a day. So in a month or two the level 3 list will probably grow to be equivalent of the level 4 list today (but that list will also grow). 

The most interesting part would then be to make categories of sales and percentage of download from each categories. 


Let say what's the percentage of downloads you get that are under .20, between .20 and .40, .40 and .80, .80 and 1.20, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chyworks said:

Yes, really not sure this will be meaningful attempt in populating the list. Was initially thinking of how far the variety goes in term of the sub and ODD and still like to see how far it can still be carried on.

No offence, when you said you have many numbers that not yet listed here, i will be quite surprised if those numbers are from level 5? Level 3 is far less numbers appeared than say level 4 or 5... anyway, i do see your point as fellow contributors had posted their similar views earlier.

I am aware that teeny sales still exist by large in every tier. Maybe if there’s an official list from SS this thread wouldn’t be here in the first place. Personally I am just curious to see also if there’s any advantage being in higher tier as the announcement claimed that it will be a fair way to reward contributors with the new earning system.

I'm Level 3 and the numbers are all the same 10, 11 or 12 cents. This is a farce in that not only is it a huge drop in income but it's also dreadfully boring. I will be very surprised if there isn't a considerable fall off in quality submissions. Why would you put good work up if it's likely to be swallowed up for a few cents? Or am I stupid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chyworks said:

No offence, when you said you have many numbers that not yet listed here, i will be quite surprised if those numbers are from level 5?

No, I am still at Level 4 only and it will probably take about 6-8 more weeks for me to reach the next level. Not gonna get to enjoy that for long though...

But I had an ODD for 5.87$ today for example and I had SUBs for many prices that are just off by 0.01$ or 0.02$ from the ones already listed here, so that's why I assume that it's a currency conversion-rate thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Luisa Puccini said:

0.90 ODD at level 4. Really????

It really suck to see the low ODD. I got them too, rest assured 0.90 is not the lowest ODD for level 4. and the lowest one in the list is pretty hard to beat. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Firn said:

No, I am still at Level 4 only and it will probably take about 6-8 more weeks for me to reach the next level. Not gonna get to enjoy that for long though...

But I had an ODD for 5.87$ today for example and I had SUBs for many prices that are just off by 0.01$ or 0.02$ from the ones already listed here, so that's why I assume that it's a currency conversion-rate thing.

Yeah i know, it's very demotivating to say the least at time like this. But that's one record ODD for level 4 you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chyworks said:

It really suck to see the low ODD. I got them too, rest assured 0.90 is not the lowest ODD for level 4. and the lowest one in the list is pretty hard to beat. :(

Just seen...😩 What kind of On Demand pack could give a $ 0.56 each photo? We really need more transparency. They can give us whatever they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Firn said:


I have many numbers that are not listed in that list. I feel like there might not be much point in this list and that, at least up to a certain limit, you can get every random number at every level simply by the fact that in every country customers pay in their own currency, with their own prices and that the convertion rate from that currency to $ might change on a daily base. A sale where a customer paid 5€ for an image might earn me 1.69$ one one day and 1.64$ on the next day, just because the conversion rate has changed.

It is of course true that many of the commissions are close together, which should be based on the exchange rate.

Ultimately, we wanted to find out whether there was any traceability for the sometimes very different commissions. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

Elsewhere in the forum a provider reported yesterday about a $0.10 OD. So obviously everything is possible. Probably we will see an Enhanced for $0.10 soon, because a special discount was granted for a certain buyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luisa Puccini said:

Just seen...😩 What kind of On Demand pack could give a $ 0.56 each photo? We really need more transparency. They can give us whatever they want.

Indeed they can, who knows what's right anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I might join in, though it’s ‘late in the game’ 😉 (and other threads seem to have disappeared along with Debbie ☹️)

 

In addition to the $ 0,10 SUBs ;

Level 1 

SUB :  $ 0.13 - $ 0.74

ODD $ 2.02 - $ 1.06

(And a very low EL or SOD of $ 0.31)

 

Level 2

SUB $ 0.11 - $ 0.30 - $ 0.49 

ODD $ 1.43

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CherylRamalho said:

I'm level 4 (used to be 3rd tier) and got a $0.17 On Demand today. Absolutely dead sales -- every day is a Sunday.

 

 

 

 

2100131896_ScreenShot2020-07-08at8_30.00PMcopy.thumb.jpg.8bc0c15d7753ed2fd7f203b21cd491fd.jpg

I find the figure here for July 6 interesting and symbolic of the whole sorry situation. 8 different sales for the huge some of 1.05. It's offensive and boring and for those of us who decided to give SS the benefit of the doubt and only stop uploading, as I have done, a guaranteed way to make us leave altogether. Your work is really good and your number of downloads excellent given the number of images you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Evelyn de Waard said:

(And a very low EL or SOD of $ 0.31)

Was it an EL or an SOD, Evelyn?

In terms of what a buyer is allowed to do with an EL an how much money he/she could earn with it, there is a big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Was it an EL or an SOD, Evelyn?

In terms of what a buyer is allowed to do with an EL an how much money he/she could earn with it, there is a big difference.

It was actually a SOD (single and other). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Evelyn de Waard said:

Thought I might join in, though it’s ‘late in the game’ 😉 (and other threads seem to have disappeared along with Debbie ☹️)

 

In addition to the $ 0,10 SUBs ;

Level 1 

SUB :  $ 0.13 - $ 0.74

ODD $ 2.02 - $ 1.06

(And a very low EL or SOD of $ 0.31)

 

Level 2

SUB $ 0.11 - $ 0.30 - $ 0.49 

ODD $ 1.43

 

 

Never too late, thanks @Evelyn de Waard

These've been added to the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...