Jump to content

My work can be still added to the cart!


Recommended Posts

I left this fiasco over 2 months ago when I could see all this happening when they added the new low video sub scheme to their box of tricks. My work is still searchable on google and items still added the the SS cart!

 

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1032807932-weeds-growing-through-concrete-ground-shot-background

 

Who gets the sale? How is this still possible after over 2 months? Just because it isn't searchable here customers do use Google!

 

 

Opera Snapshot_2020-06-05_064418_www.google.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2020-06-05_065029_www.shutterstock.com.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very alarming. I hope SS aren't grabbing all the cash from any potential sales. After  I reach my next payout, I had planned to disable my ports. I wonder if it would be better to delete each file individually.

It would be nice if a mod can answer this query but it seems they've all gone into hiding. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started to do that before I left, they haven't factored in that work is searchable on Google, there is a glitch somewhere that works to their advantage and it is a myth that work is removed from their servers. I wouldn't put it past them to keep on selling my work. Again this is more than 2 months after I left.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't 'disable' my port, I 'terminated' my account outright and went exclusive with Pond5. So why is some of my work still active here?

14 minutes ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

Maybe SS is pocketting ALL the cash from your content now, so if you think you're hurting SS by disabling your port, you're not, you're HELPING them, make more money off you!

And nobody from the Data protection department has been in touch so they still have my personal data!

Opera Snapshot_2020-06-05_090748_outlook.live.com.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gtranquillity said:

I posted my findings (identical to the OPs post) yesterday and the entire topic was removed within a few minutes, so I will refrain from outlining anything this time around and just keep it at "yes, I can confirm this" .

I have taken screen shots of this thread, so if it is removed I can post the findings elsewhere, thanks for letting me know this and be careful, it's not all of my work but even so, it is wrong on so many levels.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patrick Cooper said:

This is very alarming. I hope SS aren't grabbing all the cash from any potential sales. After  I reach my next payout, I had planned to disable my ports. I wonder if it would be better to delete each file individually.

It would be nice if a mod can answer this query but it seems they've all gone into hiding. 

If they do they will also be in breach of my exclusivity contract with Pond5

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scorsby said:

@CH Digital Media last year when people began deleting portfolios for another reason they reported that although their account had been deleted that they were informed via email support that it would take 90 days to completely remove their account Chris.

I hear you, but the main issue is that the footage can still be added to the SS cart and sold, other files say 'sorry that item is unavailable' which is what I expected to happen but obviously this hasn't happened to all files. How would I get paid if this item is sold, they don't have my payment details, it's in breach of Pond5 exclusive contract. SS has completely over looked the fact that my footage is still searchable on Google using keywording that is still attached to the media.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did a google search of the file name + number. I didn't click the link you put in the thread, nor have I ever searched your images/videos, so there's no way that it's a cache issue like support mentioned. This was my result as well! Very concerning indeed. I'm really curious, if someone were to purchase this video, if the sale would go through & if you'd receive payment. If I had €50 to spare I'd do it myself

 

image.thumb.png.6d3086c28176d5985610eca1704332f3.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Photography by Adri said:

I just did a google search of the file name + number. I didn't click the link you put in the thread, nor have I ever searched your images/videos, so there's no way that it's a cache issue like support mentioned. This was my result as well! Very concerning indeed. I'm really curious, if someone were to purchase this video, if the sale would go through & if you'd receive payment. If I had €50 to spare I'd do it myself

 

image.thumb.png.6d3086c28176d5985610eca1704332f3.png

Thanks Adri, I could do it myself, I'm just trying to highlight that this is an issue, I'm sure payment would go through, SS has taken enough money off me over the years and I'm reluctant to give them any more and have to fight for months to get my money back from the sale due to poor support here. Anyway just be aware of this, it's pretty grim! If they hide this post they are only hiding their guilt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FocusBreatheShoot said:

I posted the same thing last week and nobody seemed to care; Made my images unavailable for sale, but they could be still be bought via Google images or directly. I'm nearly done backing up my content, then will be taking action.

I also mentioned it (less detailed) in other topics which got a lot of views but no replies which sort of has me puzzled. Even if I don't get paid for one DL, this might be a 10 cent sub, but it could also be a 60 dollar SOD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

CH:  Deleting your account probably just takes awhile to take effect.  How long ago did you do this?

I'm not sure if you refer to the time it takes from setting the license agreement to NO and the portfolio begin empty, but in my case, the first few images vanished in a few hours, then about 100 the next day, 200 more later that they and the rest (I had around 650) the next day. So pretty much 48 to 58 hours in my case, but I only had a small portfolio. I can imagine large portfolios take longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gtranquillity said:

I'm not sure if you refer to the time it takes from setting the license agreement to NO and the portfolio begin empty, but in my case, the first few images vanished in a few hours, then about 100 the next day, 200 more later that they and the rest (I had around 650) the next day. So pretty much 48 to 58 hours in my case, but I only had a small portfolio. I can imagine large portfolios take longer.

And you may not get them all back when you opt back in. I didnt. 40 missing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@CH Digital Media

From the TOS -  Here

 

Content

  • Shutterstock has the right to refuse to accept or to remove Content from the Shutterstock Websites for any reason. Shutterstock will remove Content if Shutterstock believes that such Content may (in Shutterstock's sole discretion) subject Shutterstock or any of its officers, managers, directors or employees to legal action or if the Content violates the TOS. Notwithstanding the foregoing and subject to Shutterstock's discretion, Content removed by you or opted out by you for any reason may be available for license to those customers that previously downloaded "comp" versions of the removed Content.
  • Shutterstock shall use reasonable efforts to cause Content removed from or opted out from Shutterstock Websites to be removed from the websites of any Shutterstock affiliates or partners (including co-branded websites) within ninety (90) days of the removal of the subject Content from the Shutterstock Websites.
  • Licenses issued by Shutterstock for any Content that is later removed from the Shutterstock Websites will remain in full force and effect in perpetuity.
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scorsby said:

@CH Digital Media

From the TOS -  Here

 

Content

  • Shutterstock has the right to refuse to accept or to remove Content from the Shutterstock Websites for any reason. Shutterstock will remove Content if Shutterstock believes that such Content may (in Shutterstock's sole discretion) subject Shutterstock or any of its officers, managers, directors or employees to legal action or if the Content violates the TOS. Notwithstanding the foregoing and subject to Shutterstock's discretion, Content removed by you or opted out by you for any reason may be available for license to those customers that previously downloaded "comp" versions of the removed Content.
  • Shutterstock shall use reasonable efforts to cause Content removed from or opted out from Shutterstock Websites to be removed from the websites of any Shutterstock affiliates or partners (including co-branded websites) within ninety (90) days of the removal of the subject Content from the Shutterstock Websites.
  • Licenses issued by Shutterstock for any Content that is later removed from the Shutterstock Websites will remain in full force and effect in perpetuity.

 

Opera Snapshot_2020-06-05_133010_outlook.live.com.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

It can take up to 72 hours for Shutterstock’s systems to disable the display of images or videos content across all of its data storage facilities. As a result, some image thumbnails may be visible, however, customers are unable to license this content when an account is disabled. More information on that is available in our contributor support center here: https://www.shutterstock.com/contributorsupport/articles/en_US/kbat02/How-do-I-make-my-content-unavailable-for-downloading

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...