Sign in to follow this  
cornfield

I can accept the new rates BUT..

Please don't reset all contributors on 1st January.  

Base the royalty percentage on the number of downloads for the previous twelve month period on a rolling basis.  I think this would be fair to those contributors doing well by uploading good quality commercial content.  It would also provide an ongoing incentive to build on success.  Resetting at the sart of the year would kill the incentive.

5 hours ago, Ackab Photography said:

Resetting at the sart of the year would will kill the incentive

Reseting at the start of the year will change nothing.

In fact:

Level 1: you get $0.10
Level 2: you get $0.10
Level 3: you get $0.10
Level 4: you get $0.10
Level 5: you get $0.10
Level 6: you get $0.10
Level 7: you get $0.10
Level 8: you get $0.10

Is it worth bragging that I started off with an $0.11c sale as opposed to a $0.10c sale at the start of this new payment system? Nope. It sure isn't.

34 minutes ago, Jenn Huls said:

I can't accept either. Anyone know how to deactivate your account? I can't figure it out. 

under your Account Settings, Licencing Options you can just tick No.  

24 minutes ago, Maxal Tamor said:

Reseting at the start of the year will change nothing.

In fact:

Level 1: you get $0.10
Level 2: you get $0.10
Level 3: you get $0.10
Level 4: you get $0.10
Level 5: you get $0.10
Level 6: you get $0.10
Level 7: you get $0.10
Level 8: you get $0.10

This is what I'm finding now.  I was level 5.  After the change I should have still been about level 3 at least... but I'm seeing 10 cents for the majority of sales.  It seems there is more to this new screw us payment schedule than they are telling us.  Everything about my  sales has radically changed

59 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Is it worth bragging that I started off with an $0.11c sale as opposed to a $0.10c sale at the start of this new payment system? Nope. It sure isn't.

Look at the bright side (is there a "bright side"?!). you suddenly got a 10% pay raise! during these tough Covid times it's not something not to be happy about : ). Gosh! nobody in his/her right mind will (?) upload at these payout rates. I hope. And getting a lucky $63 sale (on another thread yesterday) won't make it all right. to me all it is, is just a fuzzy, blurry, mirage-like carrot. but in the other hand SS holds the stick! pretty sad. 

Just now, Blue Corner Studio said:

Look at the bright side (is there a "bright side"?!). you suddenly got a 10% pay raise! during these tough Covid times it's not something not to be happy about : ). Gosh! nobody in his/her right mind will (?) upload at these payout rates. I hope. And getting a lucky $63 sale (on another thread yesterday) won't make it all right. to me all it is, is just a fuzzy, blurry, mirage-like carrot. but in the other hand SS holds the stick! pretty sad. 

Exactly, I won't be uploading anymore new content. Not worth it. And yea that $63 sale reported from the other thread would likely be as rare as hens teeth. Just as elusive as the other big sales that some of us are lucky enough to get once in a while. The last big sale I had here was over $20 and that was many months ago. I don't plan on waiting around for another one of those. 

34 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Exactly, I won't be uploading anymore new content. Not worth it. And yea that $63 sale reported from the other thread would likely be as rare as hens teeth. Just as elusive as the other big sales that some of us are lucky enough to get once in a while. The last big sale I had here was over $20 and that was many months ago. I don't plan on waiting around for another one of those. 

I am uploading at AS now, but it takes foreeeeever to get things reviewed there. lucky if I get 2 or 3 accepted a day. so it builds very slowly there. but any DL there brings in several times the ridiculous 10 cents here. so. not much of other option do I see out there. end of the "micro business".  

2 hours ago, MSPhotographic said:

t... but I'm seeing 10 cents for the majority of sales. 

Yes, in relation to the first announcement, $0.10 is not correct. 

It's too much. 

But SS, in his goodness and magnanimity, generously rounds up the amounts that are below 0.10 to full, fat, 0.1!

So the level does not really matter for subs. Everybodey gets lots of money.
I think it's great. 
Seem to be extremely nice, friendly and warm-hearted people at the head of this creative enterprise. 

And they are so modest and down-to-earth:

Stan Pavlovsky, CEO, takes home $700,00/year plus tens of thousands of stock options.
John Oringer, Founder, sold 46,573 shares for $1.7 million, June 1-3, 2020.
Peter Silvio, CTO, was given 2,028 shares of stock on June 1, 2020 with a value of $75,000

I could accept a percentage of what they sell, if the parcentage is fair, if they are  totally transparent and if they share with us the amount of unused subscription packs.

24 minutes ago, Luisa Puccini said:

I could accept a percentage of what they sell, if the parcentage is fair, if they are  totally transparent and if they share with us the amount of unused subscription packs.

Elsewhere unused subscription packs are devided among authors in cash - bonus! True. 100%. PE!