21 minutes ago, Scorsby said:

The quality of our ports is incomparable. Totally. Yours is 5 star.

Thank you so much! 

I do feel lucky to live in Canada. I had a terrible grey sky when I went to London this January but I was happy with the sale I had from my verry short trip there (1 day)... Anyway there is great place in UK but the weather clearly challenge the photographer!

I love your port, even if I kinda hate insects!

30 minutes ago, Scorsby said:

And I am sorry for all those like you. 

Me and my wife started uploading in November as a hobby but we had something like 10k pictures from previous travels... As my wife wasn't working, she had time to upload the pics during the past 7 months. Now I wonder if it was a waste of time...

48 minutes ago, Awana JF said:

Thank you so much! 

I do feel lucky to live in Canada. I had a terrible grey sky when I went to London this January but I was happy with the sale I had from my verry short trip there (1 day)... Anyway there is great place in UK but the weather clearly challenge the photographer!

I love your port, even if I kinda hate insects!

Me and my wife started uploading in November as a hobby but we had something like 10k pictures from previous travels... As my wife wasn't working, she had time to upload the pics during the past 7 months. Now I wonder if it was a waste of time...

😂 yeah I like them over there. Its when they come near me I dont like them as much. My favourites are damsel flies and dragon flies. Spiders ..... if anyone brought one near me I would have a dirty protest. But thank you that's very kind of you. 

I'd certainly upload to other agencies now. I was going to from the beginning but it was all new and SS was at the top of everyone's list and I thought let's concentrate on getting sorted out first. Large schoolboy error. And now I'm paying for it lol. 

I will do my math for percentage of loss at the end of the month. But things don't look all that great lately, I can say that much. Today so far, 14 downloads for the princely sum of $2.33. All subs. So, that would have been $5.04 before.

I was initially counting on ODDs and larger subs to save the day, but so far it's not working out that way. Especially since they are cheating us on those ODDs.

I just looked back at June 2019.  I had 345 downloads for $229.  Dividing this by 3 (for 10 days vs 30) gives 115 downloads for $76.  This compares to 77 downloads for $90 so far this month.

Clearly, I need more data to make comparisons, but so far, I'm seeing more non-sub sales.

19 hours ago, AsiaTravel said:

Absolute disaster here... In 2019, I made around 500 usd on average per month, I am now at 22 usd in June. Long term rpd was 1 usd, now 25 ct in June (these number are not really comparable because I didn't get video sales so far and used to have quite a few usually. RPD for image only was around 0.7 usd I guess). I stopped uploading new photos of course and wanted to wait to see the results before turning sales off, I might do that earlier than expected unless earnings increase massively very soon

You have really beautiful images in your portfolio which deserves much more than $22. It's plain to see the amount of work and planning you have invested in creating such an impressive portfolio like yours and i understand your wanted to wait and see the results.

It has not been easy at all for contributors, there isn't a one-size-fit-all solution regardless of what decision we made against the adversary we are facing now. 😞

56 minutes ago, chyworks said:

You have really beautiful images in your portfolio which deserves much more than $22. It's plain to see the amount of work and planning you have invested in creating such an impressive portfolio like yours and i understand your wanted to wait and see the results.

It has not been easy at all for contributors, there isn't a one-size-fit-all solution regardless of what decision we made against the adversary we are facing now. 😞

Thanks! I am afraid both micro and former macro converge to the same model, vast majority of sales with insulting low fee with a few "lottery" full price licence.

Most of my sales are subs and I took a big hit as there were no rise in the amount of downloads. On the contrary May was much better.

There were 21 sales this mont and my revenue is just $2,1 instead of $5,25. 

In short, %60 less that before.

I am moving my port to several other sites and I'd be gone after I complete this task.

I'm at level 2 for image sales, level 1 for video sales. 

It's tough to determine % cut, or boost, since, beyond what level I'm at, how much the sub commission is depends on which subscription plan the customer purchased. 

For every 4-5 $.10 and $.11 subs I've gotten, I've also gotten 2-3 $.20, $.40, $.42 and $.56 subs. 

My earnings for June 2020 are almost exactly the same as May 2020.

Well It's probably luck but with 2k images at level 3, I don't see any difference at the end of the month. 

The month is not finish yet but I've got something like 10% more downloads, corresponding more or less to a 10% increase in USD (compare to the mean of January to May). Of course, May was a bad month and in January/February I had a lot less images so it's hard to compare... 

The truth is: I was lucky this month to get few ODD. Those clearly increase my RPD to a similar level of what I had previously.

Now if I compare with the old system, I would have win more money!

That's the number:

8 ODD @1.88 = 15.04 vs 12.94 so it's a 14% cut

56 subs @0.25 = 14 vs 8.74 so it's a 38% cut

If I do the total, it's a 25% cut so even if it's my best month, I'm still loosing 25%... 

4 hours ago, ribeiroantonio said:

Listed pricing in Australian Dollars:

335904392_ScreenShot2020-06-30at7_48_02am.thumb.png.c81b77ea301d009a15a626a877cc5c2c.png

Thank you for sharing the information! Luckely i didn't have many more of these throughout the month... Though, not looking good.

57 minutes ago, SL-Photography said:

Thank you for sharing the information! Luckely i didn't have many more of these throughout the month... Though, not looking good.

Two interesting facts:

1)    The packs’ pricing is the same in US Dollars and in Australian Dollars (on-demand pack, 5 images, is 49 US$ and the same 49 A$)

2)    So far, and for the entire month of June, none of the OD’s I received were 30% (level 4) of the listed pricing on SS website. I was paid: $1.80, $2.10, $2.29, $2.34, $2,38, $3.92  

Based upon the average downloads and earnings for 2020 prior to June, my downloads are down slightly but my earnings for June is down 48% from my 2020 average earnings for the previous five months.  Even though my non-subscription earnings amount to nearly 70% of the months total, my RPD for the month of June has shrunk from an (pre June) average of .99 to .56.

On 6/10/2020 at 4:35 PM, Benny Marty said:

94 downloads in the whole May or only in the first 10 days of May ?

94 downloads for the entire Month of May? 
with 25K port?

lol

i would have deleted that post to my friend

As somebody with a very small port, my earnings have been reduced by 50%. I mostly sell subs (only 2-3 ODD or SOD per month). 

June was the month I've had more sales ever (32), even when I stopeed uploading. I made 5.33$

The previous two months (April and May) I sold 26 and 30 pictures. I made 10,40$ on average. 

I had long term plans, I was trying to upload more because since I started about a year ago I've been getting more sales consistently. The 500$ limit was still far but probably I could have made it in 1.5 years or so. Now it would take me twice that time, but it doesn't even matter because now every year everything resets. So now I have very little chances of making actual money here. 

Thanks SS!