SS said in a statement that it is sorry if some of us experience a "slight" reduction in our payments. 

It's only been 4 days and this one is being felt very hard... 

Not so "slight" as that...

So let's not talk about SOD which are not really affected by these changes but what about videos, subscriptions and on demand?

As I am a minor contributor with a small portfolio, I don't have a large volume of sales.

Furthermore, as I was level 1 before, my cut % should be lower than those that were higher level.

But here is the number:

8 subs for 1.39 USD (previously 2.00 USD) = 30% cut

2 ODD for 2.82 USD (previously 3.76 USD) = 25% cut

1 hour ago, Awana JF said:

here is the number:

8 subs for 1.39 USD (previously 2.00 USD) = 30% cut

2 ODD for 2.82 USD (previously 3.76 USD) = 25% cut

How did you have ODD sales for $3.76 previously? At the first tier, subs sold for $0.25 and ODD for $1.88.

So, it looks to me that you are actually ahead right now under the new earning structure.

1 minute ago, Milo J said:

How did you have ODD sales for $3.76 previously?

2 ODD at 1.88=3.76. 

8 Subs at 0.25 = 2.00.

I did the addition of total earnings and then calculate the %. 

2 minutes ago, Awana JF said:

2 ODD at 1.88=3.76. 

8 Subs at 0.25 = 2.00.

I did the addition of total earnings and then calculate the %. 

Oh, ok. I thought you had 2 sales at $2.82 each. Sorry.

So, I have a question for you: where on the planet did those ODD sales come from? The reason I am asking is that I had ODD sales with amounts that make no sense. Here in the US, prices for On-demand downloads are either $9.16, $9.80 or $14.50. Based on this, I made a chart for the earnings at various commission levels:

1744257920_ScreenShot2020-05-28at5_28_30AM.thumb.png.2ab622c7a9dfb93af3765e382d6cbe0d.png

The problem is, you had ODDs coming in for different amounts. And I just got one today for $2.22, which makes no sense at all.

But then we discovered that the pricing for ODDs differs throughout the world. So, mine from today was downloaded in Australia. Could anyone from that corner of the planet send a screenshot of the On-demand prices down under?

I would like to know too! 

I'm level 3 so I should have 25%...

I've got one from the US for 1.85??? It does not correspond to any plan and it's the US???

I've got one from Poland for 0.97??? So OK Poland earn less money and pay in Zloti (1 Zloti = 0.25 USD) so they might have different offers but I would like to see them...

And more importantly, I want MORE MONEY!!! 

8 minutes ago, Awana JF said:

I would like to know too! 

I'm level 3 so I should have 25%...

I've got one from the US for 1.85??? It does not correspond to any plan and it's the US???

@Kate Shutterstock  We need more transparency with these sales. What is going on? Is SS giving additional discounts to buyers, and our percentage is based on whatever final price results?

1 hour ago, Milo J said:

So, I have a question for you: where on the planet did those ODD sales come from? The reason I am asking is that I had ODD sales with amounts that make no sense. Here in the US, prices for On-demand downloads are either $9.16, $9.80 or $14.50. Based on this, I made a chart for the earnings at various commission levels:

1744257920_ScreenShot2020-05-28at5_28_30AM.thumb.png.2ab622c7a9dfb93af3765e382d6cbe0d.png

The problem is, you had ODDs coming in for different amounts. And I just got one today for $2.22, which makes no sense at all.

But then we discovered that the pricing for ODDs differs throughout the world. So, mine from today was downloaded in Australia. Could anyone from that corner of the planet send a screenshot of the On-demand prices down under?

Just had an On Demand for $0,20...??? Level 5

1 hour ago, geogif said:

There are more packs than your table shows. From Germany: (~ 8,10 USD)

Unbenannt.jpg.6e0644da56ee4779e5e83b8278074fae.jpg

My chart does include the 25 image pack, but as we found out in a previous thread, the 2 image pack that is advertised in the US does not seem to exist in Europe and prices are not the same, even after currency conversion.

1 hour ago, SL-Photography said:

Just had an On Demand for $0,20...??? Level 5

That makes no sense at all. Maybe the reporting is still all mucked up.

10 days have passed and I'm down of a bit more than 40%

3 ODD: 1.85 (US), 0.97 (Poland), 0.40 (Canada)

total ODD: 3.22 (before it would have been 3x1.88= 5.64)         43% down

19 subs: 0.10 (x10), 0.11 (x1), 0.12 (x2), 0.13 (x1), 0.14 (x3), 0.17 (x1), 0.50 (x1)

total subs: 2.57 (before it would have been 19x0.25= 4.75)         46% down

So far in June I am averaging $0.247 per sale.

At this point in June 2019 I was averaging $1.15 per sale.

I was firmly in the "lets see the numbers before we hysterically pull our portfolios and rant on the forums".

I might leave my images up until the end of the month. Not convinced yet.

Being functionally bumped down to the $0.25 per download level is frankly insulting. Especially knowing that SS is now making MORE off of my sales.

I'm a pretty small player in this game but I've been here a bit over 10 years and have made decent money off of my small portfolio. That will end soon.

It has been a good ride and I've learned a lot along the way.

Off to greener pastures.

55 minutes ago, Awana JF said:

10 days have passed and I'm down of a bit more than 40%

3 ODD: 1.85 (US), 0.97 (Poland), 0.40 (Canada)

total ODD: 3.22 (before it would have been 3x1.88= 5.64)         43% down

19 subs: 0.10 (x10), 0.11 (x1), 0.12 (x2), 0.13 (x1), 0.14 (x3), 0.17 (x1), 0.50 (x1)

total subs: 2.57 (before it would have been 19x0.25= 4.75)         46% down

Is that for the day or since june 1st?

On 6/4/2020 at 5:55 PM, Milo J said:

My chart does include the 25 image pack, but as we found out in a previous thread, the 2 image pack that is advertised in the US does not seem to exist in Europe and prices are not the same, even after currency conversion.

That makes no sense at all. Maybe the reporting is still all mucked up.

Dont forget "some of our customers have made use of special reduced introductory rates or deals" 

Otherwise known as the ... 

44o4ob.jpg.e1affce3c3cebbea660550155e3e2d71.jpg

Let me say first that the 10 cents DL's find me and hurt me as much as they hurt anybody else. Obviously, like everyone on this forum, I find my own work worth more than 10 cents, but I am biased. I also hate the lack of transparency provided and I was negative on the forum as well after 10 DL's of 10-15 cents in a row, and I understand the anger if the cut is big. 

However, on average it hasn't been too bad for the first 10 days for me personally. 

I already have had half of the downloads (61) as I have in an average other month. 3 big single sales, bringing my average RPD to 1,46. Not taking those 3 in the calculation (which would make a more realistic image) brings it down to 0,39c.

These are just my numbers, and in total it has been higher than any other month so far. My average RPD overall in the other months was about 46 cents, but that was WITH all high single sales.
Just a note that could give hope, although I realise it could be just 10 very lucky days for me. I was planning on staying for at least a month, now it could be longer. That being said, if it deteriorates by a lot I am gone as well. 

Absolute disaster here... In 2019, I made around 500 usd on average per month, I am now at 22 usd in June. Long term rpd was 1 usd, now 25 ct in June (these number are not really comparable because I didn't get video sales so far and used to have quite a few usually. RPD for image only was around 0.7 usd I guess). I stopped uploading new photos of course and wanted to wait to see the results before turning sales off, I might do that earlier than expected unless earnings increase massively very soon

18 minutes ago, stockphotofan1 said:

Same here, higher than last month for me.earnings.jpg.0bf01fd8ebb9e7938721a66c61b19891.jpg

Justin

http://www.statisticool.com/main.htm

In statistic, we usually remote outlier observation to have more revelent comparaison (especially when the distribution is not normal and SS commission distribution massively depart from normality) . What would be your numbers when removing the highest sales in each month?

15 minutes ago, Awana JF said:

Since the first of June unfortunately...

Well that is bad. The quality of our ports is incomparable. Totally. Yours is 5 star. That said I defy you to get those gorgeous saturated colours of blistering sun shine and happiness when you are up to your wedding tackle in floods, slate grey skies, mud, gales and Piers Morgan. And that's just mid summer. In winter we grow gills like frigging tadpoles .... John snow. But still our ports are world apart.

That all being said so far I have 

7 subs totalling $1.08 - old levels $1.75

1 ood totalling $0.98 - old levels $ 1.88

But I only reached tier two a few days ago. 

Also my port was disabled up to the 5th of June. So those downloads are 5 days only. 

Even worse I have half your portfolio size roughly. And I had half that about 3,4 months ago.

And I am sorry for all those like you.