Sign in to follow this  
Whiteaster

Wow, keep them coming SS

5 minutes ago, KeremGogus said:

@Whiteaster Thank you for sharing, very encouraging! And big congratulations! ^_^ 

Thanks Kerem but I am not so happy any more.

In fact I am very pissed and not just for the new scheme but for an old problem of mine with SS, namely:

my sales start when Australia, Hong Kong and India wakes up, than nothing till the Americas wake up. From time to time, I get decoupled from the entire EU and part of west-Asia too. I usually get some sales from Russia too but not now.

I don't have much to offer to Hong Kong or Korea.

Anyone else has this problem?

I don't have to calculate much, aside from that DOD, I made $16 in all 9 days. Just 45 miserable dls in the first decade of the month, which is a disaster. It will not get any better for me without EU.

2 hours ago, geogif said:

Sure about RPI?   Not mean RPD?

Yes, RPD. 

I just started MS about a year ago after years at macro sites.  It was galling to see 25 cent downloads at first, but it added up.  So, although I agree the new scheme is likely to represent another pay cut for us, I'm less shocked by 10 cent downloads since I thought the 33 cents I was getting before was already a catastrophe.

3 hours ago, stevemart said:

My lifetime RPD (May 2012) is $0.70 (all dls including SODs & ELs).

My lifetime RPD excluding all SODs and ELs is $0.52

June 2020 so far RPD excluding SODs and ELs is $0.32

well, it is good (for something) to do all these calculations maybe but does it really matter? My RPD this month without the big SOD is 0.355555 and I could bet that I don't have even 25% (I said too much) of your earnings.

I don't earn much and if I lose 50% from June onwards, it's so little that I don't care. I have known the good days when I'd make $300-$400/month off a total port of 500 images. That inspires to produce more work but when earnings dropped by 50%+ despite almost doubling portfolio size I stopped feeding the beast. Now I'm at the point (depending on the new drop) that I will probably not want to give 'em the pleasure of earning a penny off me.

Not going to give up on Shutterstock just yet.   Sure the .10 cent sales have been disturbing, but today was my best day ever.

We're only on the 9th of the month and this is already my best month ever (uploading for 14 months/ 744 images in port.)

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 4.28.17 PM.jpeg

Nice! Little ray of hope for the rest of us. What type of sale was this - SUB or SOD?

8 hours ago, Elliott Cowand Jr said:

Not going to give up on Shutterstock just yet.   Sure the .10 cent sales have been disturbing, but today was my best day ever.

We're only on the 9th of the month and this is already my best month ever (uploading for 14 months/ 744 images in port.)

Congrats, wish you many more.

8 hours ago, Elliott Cowand Jr said:

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 4.28.17 PM.jpeg

Congrats and to many more like those were. Me too. Share same hopes as you do! ;)

4 hours ago, Elliott Cowand Jr said:

Type of sale was: "Enhanced"

Congrats on  2 ELs.Nice!  I find it interesting that they are both 'editorials' and that ELs are often used commercially. Perhaps it has to do with SS's recently announced possibility of indemnifying commercial users of some editorial content.(?)

47 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Nothing really matters, neither levels or plans if you don't get exposure. I don't have a single sale for today and it is passed noon. This never happened before, in the middle of the week.

I been seeing a small window of maybe one. two or three sales during later afternoon / evening time (Australia) and then nothing for the rest of the night and all day. So far this evening - 2 x 10 cent sales. Pass me the piggy bank!!