Sign in to follow this  
Whiteaster

Wow, keep them coming SS

6 minutes ago, MJD Graphics said:

See my other remark¬†ūüôā

I do but I have a 10-15 min delay till the comment shows up for me, so I can answer.

On the pricing page EL-s are in ODD-s now but in our earnings summary we still have separate columns for each.

ODDs.jpg.7a904f7d727697e9a7a206643d06e993.jpg

These are the prices taken from the page:

535047850_Ondemand.jpg.983815a8c2054d63a97bbcb1f9f8e6a4.jpg

11 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

On the pricing page EL-s are in ODD-s now but in our earnings summary we still have separate columns for each.

ODDs.jpg.7a904f7d727697e9a7a206643d06e993.jpg

These are the prices taken from the page:

535047850_Ondemand.jpg.983815a8c2054d63a97bbcb1f9f8e6a4.jpg

For some reason EL's have, for as far as I know, always been reported in the SOD column. That's where all the large sales that I have had have been reported ( also a $64 sale last November), I can't remember ever having a really large sale in the ODD column. Could be that the large sales weren't actually EL's. BTW congrats on this $64 sale you have had.

16 minutes ago, MJD Graphics said:

For some reason EL's have, for as far as I know, always been reported in the SOD column. That's where all the large sales that I have had have been reported ( also a $64 sale last November), I can't remember ever having a really large sale in the ODD column. BTW congrats on this $64 sale you have had.

Thanks.

With the old system EL-s had a fixed price up to $28, according to your level and they were very rare. SODs could be much higher (or lower) than ELs.

Here is an EL:

EL.jpg.12eb24b2f9586afb215a9a36077a2927.jpg

Now they are % of something.

10 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

I am not sure I understand, should I hide because the rest is too busy to organize a revolt instead of working (and thinking straight)?

What a twisted world we live in.

That's conflicting.  Congrats though.  FYI, I just reached $50,000 in lifetime earnings over 6 years and I disabled my port the next day.  I figured I would make 15% the first 5-6 months each year.

22 minutes ago, Working Title Productions said:

That's conflicting.  Congrats though.  FYI, I just reached $50,000 in lifetime earnings over 6 years and I disabled my port the next day.  I figured I would make 15% the first 5-6 months each year.

Thanks.

I've seen your postings and I even admired your amazing port. That's a lot of money.

Many of us will make 15% in the first 5-6 month, even longer, though with your performance I'm not sure it wouldn't take that long to reach a higher level.

Anyway, each of us can decide what to do with his/her work, I just don't like to be pushed. It is a long way till January.

11 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

SOD.jpg.f849101b0ff18dd473ebe389f4733b2b.jpg

the issue is you have no idea how much you would have made before, nor when this was actually purchased and therefor if this respects agreement as SS has decided to have Zero discussions and little communication with contributors 

7 minutes ago, jean-francois me said:

the issue is you have no idea how much you would have made before, nor when this was actually purchased and therefor if this respects agreement as SS has decided to have Zero discussions and little communication with contributors 

You know as well as I do that there never was much communication.

With or without that SOD, I wouldn't have closed my account right now. I will decide on my own when I will do it and why.

4 minutes ago, Simon Annable said:

Congrats on a good sale, shows there's signs of life here after all, its a bit like doing a lottery when every now and then a big prize comes up.

Your post should give hope to those thinking of pulling out.

Thank you.

None of us knows how will this turn out, yes it's like a lottery and a bit of hope. I have a small port and I am not dependent of this money but I just can't turn off my port blindly, without more data.

Good luck to you!

2 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

You know as well as I do that there never was much communication.

With or without that SOD, I wouldn't have closed my account right now. I will decide on my own when I will do it and why.

And you know as well as i know that Yes i know. ūüôā¬† but I am really concerned that they have not adapted the info me are going.¬† Not finding out when they change the rules for upload of cycling races was one thing, no validation of info on a percentage licence is another

I am the same way, i left my account, and stopped uploads and said i would reevaluate July 1.   At this point i am running at a 42 cents per download so far this month as level 3, and one promissing note is i've seen a rebound in number of licence after the disastrous May for me.  

5 minutes ago, jean-francois me said:

And you know as well as i know that Yes i know. ūüôā¬† but I am really concerned that they have not adapted the info me are going.¬† Not finding out when they change the rules for upload of cycling races was one thing, no validation of info on a percentage licence is another

I am the same way, i left my account, and stopped uploads and said i would reevaluate July 1.   At this point i am running at a 42 cents per download so far this month as level 3, and one promissing note is i've seen a rebound in number of licence after the disastrous May for me.  

Jean-Francois, I can't tell you anything else that you already know and far from me the thought to influence anyone (but I expect the same).

I find 42 cents/dl very good, if the number of dls is rising that's great too. Without my SOD, I am much behind you.

On the subject of ODDs, I cannot work out where the $2.06 that was in my ODDs column came from. If it was from a 25 pack it should have been 30% (that's my percentage for this year) of $7.16 = $2.15. I'll assume that the 25 pack ODDs is the same amount in USD to the customer as it is in Euros ie ‚ā¨179.00.

Anyway gonna wait until end of this month to see how substantially my earnings have been cut and then leave. My monthly average for the last year has been amazingly consistent and I have added almost nothing in that time. If earnings drop by 50% or more...I'm out. So far my average per dl is $0.31 whereas it was $0.64 in May.

Just a thought too about all these image factories who supposedly will be the winners in this new payment scheme. I dunno because these people have lots of expenses like models/sets/props and they too will only be earning 10 cents per dl from the largest subs package even when they're in Level 6 from the start of the year. Dunno? Can it be done?

20 minutes ago, stevemart said:

On the subject of ODDs, I cannot work out where the $2.06 that was in my ODDs column came from. If it was from a 25 pack it should have been 30% (that's my percentage for this year) of $7.16 = $2.15. I'll assume that the 25 pack ODDs is the same amount in USD to the customer as it is in Euros ie ‚ā¨179.00.

Anyway gonna wait until end of this month to see how substantially my earnings have been cut and then leave. My monthly average for the last year has been amazingly consistent and I have added almost nothing in that time. If earnings drop by 50% or more...I'm out. So far my average per dl is $0.31 whereas it was $0.64 in May.

Good work with the ODD, together we can figure out some results.

I just got an ODD for 2.94  at 30% = 9.8 - that would be a 5 images pack standard. Does it really matter?

I just visited your port and now I am hungry.

2 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

Thanks.

I've seen your postings and I even admired your amazing port. That's a lot of money.

Many of us will make 15% in the first 5-6 month, even longer, though with your performance I'm not sure it wouldn't take that long to reach a higher level.

Anyway, each of us can decide what to do with his/her work, I just don't like to be pushed. It is a long way till January.

Before all this went down, I sold a still for $21.00 versus .38.  I thought it was a misprint.

16 hours ago, geogif said:

I am always grateful when someone is found to explain what I mean. 
So, thank you @Scorsby.
But as so often he is not completely wrong. 
Partly I meant it. 
Partly I notice, however, that the justified anger about the greed of SS suffocates all thinking and logic. 
That was the same with me the first days, I can understand and comprehend it. 
In the meantime I have calmed down a bit and such reports like from @Whiteaster give me hope. 
My consequence is not to upload anything more until the end of the year, but to observe the sales figures and the sales proceeds in peace and quiet. 
And to analyze them later. 
Because the constant ranting is not good for my blood pressure. 

I will do the same... anyway although this kind of  post give us  hope maybe that 64 dollars could have been 100  or more under the old payment structure ( I sold one image for 100 usd last year)  .. who knows Im very confused.  Anyway No more uploading for me for a while until I will hopefully be able to post this kind of good news. I'll put some more effort on  a couple of sites where I've seen some encouraging signs of improvement.

Although 10 cent sales are difficult to bear, my averages haven't changed that much.  Here are my average monthly RPIs:

Jan 0.66

Feb 0.55

Mar 0.69

Apr 0.76

May 0.52

June (so far) 1.35

OK, so June was skewed a bit due to a $41 sale.  Without that it would be 0.56  Still not so bad.

9 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Although 10 cent sales are difficult to bear, my averages haven't changed that much.  Here are my average monthly RPIs:

Jan 0.66

Feb 0.55

Mar 0.69

Apr 0.76

May 0.52

June (so far) 1.35

OK, so June was skewed a bit due to a $41 sale.  Without that it would be 0.56  Still not so bad.

thanks.  Yes this is why i doing a wait and see.  Also June for me has a bump back in download numbers compare to dead May.  

To be honest, I doubt that the big $$ sales will be much affected by the new payment policy. In the past I've had SODs anywhere from 38 cents to $100+. Under the new scheme, I've also had an EL which came in at $20.39. Under the old scheme, I've had ELs for more and for less.  For me these big SODs and ELs are as rare as hen's teeth anyway so I'll be calculating my RPD in subs and ODDs payments to figure out how much I'm down and I'm down substantially in this first week/9 days of June. Yesterday I had 11 dls and earned the princely sum of $1.32 whereas that would have been $4.18 until 1st June. My few ODDs so far have all been below $2.85 except one @ $3.00.

So, excluding the EL my present RPD (first 9 days of June) is 32 cents and it was 64 cents in May. It's the 10&teen cent subs that are the killer and unacceptable.

My lifetime RPD (May 2012) is $0.70 (all dls including SODs & ELs).

My lifetime RPD excluding all SODs and ELs is $0.52

June 2020 so far RPD excluding SODs and ELs is $0.32

I've done some calculating for the last 6 years and with over 100k DL's my RPD is .81 (it varies month to month sometimes over $1 sometimes less) but that is the average.

This months RPD is .79 - seems in the ball park. (level 5)

But then I went into the details of this months sales and recalculated them as if I was still on the old schedule and my RPD would be .87 and I'd have about $20 more in my account.

I see nothing promising about this scheme it's only to take money from us. 

54 minutes ago, Steve Cukrov said:

I've done some calculating for the last 6 years and with over 100k DL's my RPD is .81 (it varies month to month sometimes over $1 sometimes less) but that is the average.

This months RPD is .79 - seems in the ball park. (level 5)

But then I went into the details of this months sales and recalculated them as if I was still on the old schedule and my RPD would be .87 and I'd have about $20 more in my account.

I see nothing promising about this scheme it's only to take money from us. 

I had done the recalculation too and my finding was each day for the past 7 days and today included had been on the losing end if i were to put this into old schedule and I'd have  $50.70 dollar more in my account.

You really sum up my notion¬†in this scheme too. And may i add, SS is beginning to look like a giant slot machine to me now.¬†ūüėā

38 minutes ago, chyworks said:

I had done the recalculation too and my finding was each day for the past 7 days and today included had been on the losing end if i were to put this into old schedule and I'd have  $50.70 dollar more in my account.

You really sum up my notion¬†in this scheme too. And may i add, SS is beginning to look like a giant slot machine to me now.¬†ūüėā

I also did my wifes much smaller all editorial port and she's already down $12 a 27% difference.

1 minute ago, Steve Cukrov said:

I also did my wifes much smaller all editorial port and she's already down $12 a 27% difference.

Not looking good isn’t it? 
As of now, I can’t see myself uploading new works to SS.