Sign in to follow this  
Whiteaster

Wow, keep them coming SS

20 minutes ago, Amir Bajric said:

there are all kinds of us

True. Some are plain mean and others are realistic.

I remember you were complaining several times about your sales before, though you had a big port, I am sorry for that.

Wish you luck, wherever your way brings you.

It is a pleasure to read posts where hasty and unweighted conclusions are not drawn! Finally we discuss and try to understand ... thanks, and above all thanks for sharing, it is useful to all of us, to those who do it for love and passion also for those who do it only for income...

lorenza (by italy)

15 minutes ago, lorenza62 said:

It is a pleasure to read posts where hasty and unweighted conclusions are not drawn! Finally we discuss and try to understand ... thanks, and above all thanks for sharing, it is useful to all of us, to those who do it for love and passion also for those who do it only for income...

lorenza (by italy)

Thanks Iorenza, nice to see some rational people coming forward, for a change.

All this negativity on the forum gives me a huge headache.

Firstly, genuine congrats on the big sale. I totally understand the excitement from when I had big single sales like that before.

That said, the title of this thread at this time is horrendously sycophantic and insensitive. You can see from your other sales what the reality will be for 99% of the time, hardly worth dropping to your knees and praising our masters is it...

25 minutes ago, Carl Forbes said:

Firstly, genuine congrats on the big sale. I totally understand the excitement from when I had big single sales like that before.

That said, the title of this thread at this time is horrendously sycophantic and insensitive. You can see from your other sales what the reality will be for 99% of the time, hardly worth dropping to your knees and praising our masters is it...

Thank you for your genuine congrats, which I doubt, seeing the many red arrows you've spread all over the place.

Insensitive, I don't think so, there are more active contributors here than those who have a big mouth, that will bring you nothing.

Sycophantic, I just looked that up, it says "someone who uses flattery to get what they want". If you think you can get some more sales with flattery, please teach me how to do that.

If sharing some good news with those who are patiently waiting to see how the new system can work then call it "dropping to your knees and praising our masters", who cares. How long do you want to monopolize the forum with your mourning, now after the deed is done?

Btw. did you have 542 images in your port? That many? They are beautiful indeed, it's a pity you deleted them. Get to work man!

Good luck to you!

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Thank you for your genuine congrats, which I doubt, seeing the many red arrows you've spread all over the place.

Insensitive, I don't think so, there are more active contributors here than those who have a big mouth, that will bring you nothing.

Sycophantic, I just looked that up, it says "someone who uses flattery to get what they want". If you think you can get some more sales with flattery, please teach me how to do that.

If sharing some good news with those who are patiently waiting to see how the new system can work then call it "dropping to your knees and praising our masters", who cares. How long do you want to monopolize the forum with your mourning, now after the deed is done?

Btw. did you have 542 images in your port? That many? They are beautiful indeed, it's a pity you deleted them. Get to work man!

Good luck to you!

Your achievement gives hope to everybody. Good work.

I sold a video for $14.80 yesterday and a photo for $ 0.59. And of course there are the 0.10 and 0.14 types too. Total revenues till 4th June $ 18.36. Looks like I will cross $ 35 easily this month too.

Not too bad in this "doom and gloom" situation.

Edited by Dinesh Hukmani
Additional info

18 minutes ago, Dinesh Hukmani said:

Your achievement gives hope to everybody. Good work. 

Thank you, that was my intention, not to be insensitive as some here stated.

I've grown a thick skin since on the forum.

It is not really an achievement, I just got lucky which can happen to everyone, if you let it. If not, we can decide and adapt later.

Wish you many more sales, with your big, beautiful port everything is possible.

18 minutes ago, Alexander Image said:

Yes, you are level 4 now. In the beginning of each year, can you get this amount of SOD???

Think ahead, my friend!

I have no idea my friend.

You are older on stock than me and we have already lived such a she*tstorm (sorry for the language) during the DPC (dollar photo club) on FT. It turned out to be the the best earning period for those who stayed. After AS closed the DPC my sales dropped to 25% of what they were. I have learned then not to act in the heat of the moment.

I am not saying this will be the same but I can't predict the future.

With a port like yours I am sure you will not have problems.

12 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

I have no idea my friend.

You are older on stock than me and we have already lived such a she*tstorm during the DPC (dollar photo club) on FT. It turned out to be the the best earning period for those who stayed. After AS closed the DPC my sales dropped to 25% of what it was. I have learned then not to act in the heat of the moment.

I am not saying this will be the same but I can't predict the future.

Hmm, DPC? I optioned out. Hope the change will bring more sales.

Anyway, I lost hope. I found another job, and will not do stock photography anymore.

5 minutes ago, Alexander Image said:

Hmm, DPC? I optioned out. Hope the change will bring more sales.

Anyway, I lost hope. I found another job, and will not do photography anymore.

In IT, I guess? Good for you, doing this for so many years is exhausting. You will not delete you port, will you?

7 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

In IT, I guess? Good for you, doing this for so many years is exhausting. You will not delete you port, will you?

Not IT. I am old.   I am a sale associate now and work at a supermarket. This is new type work for me, not good money, but better than stock photography.

I will not delete my port. If I have time I will edit my old photos, but don't shoot new ones.

2 minutes ago, Alexander Image said:

Not IT. I am old.   I am a sale associate now and work at a supermarket. This is new type work for me, not good money, but better than stock photography.

I will not delete my port. If I have time I will edit my old photos, but don't shoot new ones.

I wish you good luck at your new job.

I have a similar experience to OP.  Today I got a $41 sale.  Kind of makes up for the 10 cent sales.

I just got a pay statement from another agency (big G) and had a $3125 sale.  Pity I only get 20%, but still.  Lot of nickle and dimes over there too, but at least there is a better possibility to strike it rich.

9 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

SOD.jpg.f849101b0ff18dd473ebe389f4733b2b.jpg

I got today these two downloads that made up for the 10 cents downloads, something similar happened to me yesterday, I really wish that we get this kind of sales frequently.

and I appreciate your positive thread, I don’t think its inappropriate considering the current situation, on the contrary, I believe it gives us hope that maybe not all is lost.

D1DEC11D-DAA8-4ECF-84F1-D42BE4A269E9.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Fer Gregory said:

I got today these two downloads that made up for the 10 cents downloads, something similar happened to me yesterday, I really wish that we get this kind of sales frequently.

and I appreciate your positive thread, I don’t think its inappropriate considering the current situation, on the contrary, I believe it gives us hope that maybe not all is lost.

D1DEC11D-DAA8-4ECF-84F1-D42BE4A269E9.jpeg

Congratulations for these good sales.

Thanks for the kind words and  for sharing your experience. I am convinced that there are more people with such experience but some are intimidated by the negative feedback which is a shame because these experiences are motivating, now when so many people (myself included) are afraid of the future.

Let's hope the best.

Wish you many more of these.

24 minutes ago, jai7678 said:

Guys I think you guys are getting extended license sales rather than SOD.

EL's are reported in the same column as SOD's, always have been. They are one of the 'Others' of SOD's.

13 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Mine are in the SOD column, unless the columns are messed up.

SOD2.jpg.9bbe85a46694d9b301b004ff70778a8f.jpg

See my other remark¬†ūüôā