Jump to content

Offset and SS Custom vs Shutterstock


Recommended Posts

https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/trending-images-2020

I was wondering, as SS has been focussed on promoting professionals and stock agencies to join the club, if this is SS’s new focus. (See the blog article).

They just downgraded Shutterstock with this new earning scheme, so maybe they want to leave it as a ‘liberary’ for images to purchase at a minimum price. At the same time, the article above is about ‘pro creative stock agencies’ and they are all on Offset. So on Offset, it seems to be worthwhile uploading when starting as a professional these days. 

Just a thought..

And another thought... Has anyone out of the big contibutors here, been contacted by SS to join Offset since or before the announcement of the new earning scheme  ? 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH, I don't think they had and ever will.

OFFSET is OFFSET and SS is SS.

Take for example, fashion brands like Zara and Massimo Dutti, although, both under the same company, and they shared similiar chic style but Massimo Dutti is slightly more expensive than Zara.

Although that's the company's intention to have the increased quality, more premium brand so they can charge clients for more, that doesn't necessarily mean it's better in the buyers' eyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chyworks said:

TBH, I don't think they had and ever will.

OFFSET is OFFSET and SS is SS.

Take for example, fashion brands like Zara and Massimo Dutti, although, both under the same company, and they shared similiar chic style but Massimo Dutti is slightly more expensive than Zara.

Although that's the company's intention to have the increased quality, more premium brand so they can charge clients for more, that doesn't necessarily mean it's better in the buyers' eyes.

Makes sence.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Evelyn de Waard said:

https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/trending-images-2020

I was wondering, as SS has been focussed on promoting professionals and stock agencies to join the club, if this is SS’s new focus. (See the blog article).

They just downgraded Shutterstock with this new earning scheme, so maybe they want to leave it as a ‘liberary’ for images to purchase at a minimum price. At the same time, the article above is about ‘pro creative stock agencies’ and they are all on Offset. So on Offset, it seems to be worthwhile uploading when starting as a professional these days. 

Just a thought..

And another thought... Has anyone out of the big contibutors here, been contacted by SS to join Offset since or before the announcement of the new earning scheme  ? 

Hallo Evelyn,

In de loop der tijd heb ik 21.560 downloads verkocht. Mij is niets gevraagd over 'offset'. De opbrengsten zijn nu nog maar 25% van wat ik eerst kreeg. Zonder enige waarschuwing. Oplichters zijn het. Te schandalig voor woorden. Echter heb ik bijna 1.800 foto's en 60 video's erop staan. Die heb ik niet zo maar getransporteerd naar een ander stockbureau. 

 

2 hours ago, Evelyn de Waard said:

Hallo Evelyn,

In de loop der tijd heb ik 21.560 downloads verkocht. Mij is niets gevraagd over 'offset'. De opbrengsten zijn nu nog maar 25% van wat ik eerst kreeg. Zonder enige waarschuwing. Oplichters zijn het. Te schandalig voor woorden. Echter heb ik bijna 1.800 foto's en 60 video's erop staan. Die heb ik niet zo maar getransporteerd naar een ander stockbureau. 

Mvg Richard de bruijn

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...