Sign in to follow this  
SkyImages

SS, use your common sense. Who is sgoing to bother turning on the camera at only 10cent.

Making 10 cents is not even worth switch on my camera. Let alone:

planning,

setting up,

traveling,

shooting,

find composition, lighting, framing

transfer to lightroom,

editing,

exporting,

uploading,

think of description,

brainstorm 50 keywords,

fix rejected photo.

Lol use your common sense.

They have 326M images and there are plenty of contributers who just don’t care how low the commissions are - they are just happy that someone buys there pictures 

Like PT Barnum famously said “There’s a sucker born every minute”

You can bet your bottom dollar that SS knows all the above and have carefully evaluated all their data on the likelihood of numbers leaving etc before doing their calculations to come up with a new system.

As for other agencies - if in a year they sell an image once for 85c and SS sell that same image 10x for 10c if you are depending on the end income do you dump the agency that pays out a dollar to stay with the one that pays 85c?

If you had agencies already selling as often as SS at better prices this whole conversation would be unnecessary - the problem we all have is SS produces more sales than other agencies and does not have a close competitor.  Maybe AS for those whose work is all commercial but when significant amounts of my work are editorial nobody is coming close to SS for sheer volume (DT I have a third more images there than here and sales wise last month was 6 there for 21 here - and at that it was easily the best total I have had at DT - they may compete on how much they pay per image but are simply not selling enough)

Remember in their latest Q report, SS declared they made an average of $3.23 per download

just calculate what your RPD was the last 3 months and see if you can live with that number, cause the next 3 months are going to be absolutely crushing

lol