Jump to content
David P. Smith

Time to blow this pop stand

Recommended Posts

I've thought about it I've already done the work and most of my images have earned what they needed to earn at this point. I just won't upload new images anymore, and I'll wring out the last bit of dollars that I can while I can. I'll put new imagery on other sites. I don't see how pulling my relatively small port would make any kind of point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rob Hainer said:

I've thought about it I've already done the work and most of my images have earned what they needed to earn at this point. I just won't upload new images anymore, and I'll wring out the last bit of dollars that I can while I can. I'll put new imagery on other sites. I don't see how pulling my relatively small port would make any kind of point. 

I agree with you. Pulling a port where the work has already been done is an emotional response and not a business one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Charles Lewis said:

I agree with you. Pulling a port where the work has already been done is an emotional response and not a business one. 

And being in the middle of pandemic, even a few hundred bucks a month can make a difference if they shut the economy again. I think cutting our income at this point in time was a horrible thing to do. Kicking people when they could be suffering while raking in millions from them just isn't responsible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rob Hainer said:

And being in the middle of pandemic, even a few hundred bucks a month can make a difference if they shut the economy again. I think cutting our income at this point in time was a horrible thing to do. Kicking people when they could be suffering while raking in millions from them just isn't responsible. 

+1 !!!

 

That's it, Rob. An that is the reason why they did it now. Shame on them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 6:18 PM, Stu Shaw said:

Yep, I'm out, that's disgraceful - The very thought that I have to drag $20ks worth of photographic equipment up a hill to try and 'fight' for 11c per download will just discourage me to even leave the house - I'll just go back to doing it for love rather than trying to earn some peso's out of it. 

Shutterstock, take heed, your quality photographers are leaving you....You've insulted them..

 

2020-06-12 19_17_35-Earnings Summary _ June 9, 2020 _ Shutterstock.png

This is shameful...you have a high quality port even with a couple of hundred it smokes those with thousands easily. SS doesn't realize that we have to pay taxes on these sales as well which further reduces the amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2020 at 7:10 PM, Jeff W. Jarrett said:

Hello David! It has been forever since ventured to the forum. I want you to know that you and Lauren were always rock solid with your advice and always willing to help. I'm still as addicted to photography as ever and am better at it because of good advise. Best wishes you you and yours!

Thank you Jeff. I am glad we could help in some small way. I wish you the best of luck in your photographic journey. If you have any questions still feel free to contact me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 2:03 PM, Rudy Umans said:

I actually talked to Laurin about a month or so ago during the lock-down. He's doing good.

Laurin and Dave are cousins. (AKA the odd couple :) 

Funeral! Sounds about right LOL

Yeah Lauren and I are cousins. And yes what an odd couple. An old rocker and a retired police Lieutenant. Lauren is doing well. He started up another band of old time rockers and he is living the dream LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 12:00 PM, Warren Price Photography said:

Hi, David ... a blast from the past. I thought you had stopped posting a long time ago. But, I am here so seldom that probably missed any of your updates.
Appreciate all you have done in the past. Sad to see what is happening here. Your California (Hollywood) buddy has predicted the fall for a long time. The demise has but slow but steady.
Sorry that I can't remember names (handles) but I am old.
Stay Well.

 

Thank you Warren. I did stop coming to the forums for a long time then just popped in every now and then. But when this latest thing happened I decided it was enough. Best of luck to you and if you ever need a question answered please don't hesitate to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...