2 hours ago, Daniel Eskridge said:

Is anyone else getting a huge number of 10 cent sales today?   I normally only have 20-30 downloads a day.  It's only 11am and I'm already approaching 200, but they are all 10 cent (at level 5) sales from India.

Congrats. Your work is amazingly beautiful. Some buyer has the same opinion and he doesn't want to loose the opportunity.

About the sales, I got just 1 x 10 cent today and nothing else, very unusual in the middle of the week.

2 hours ago, Daniel Eskridge said:

Is anyone else getting a huge number of 10 cent sales today?   I normally only have 20-30 downloads a day.  It's only 11am and I'm already approaching 200, but they are all 10 cent (at level 5) sales from India.

Coming soon to a flea market near you (or somewhere in SE Asia).................

5 hours ago, Daniel Eskridge said:

Since June 1 I am basically mostly getting $0.10 DL's and ALL but 2 are from Asia and most of them are from India. Seems like the rest of the world is closed due to ...... (fill in your own reason : Covid-19, Economy, The f*cking algorithm, etc). I even tried an experiment (the see if disabling and enabling sales would have any effect on my port) last Friday I disabled sales completely and enabled them again on Sunday (everything was at 0) yesterday sales started coming in again and once again only from Asia, so as far as I am concerned it's the F*cking algorithm.

Hello fellow contributors,

My motivation has completely dropped. How about yours? It has not been a bad month when it comes to the sales. I have been seeing prices going all over the place from $0,10  to $0.13, $0.45, $0.48, $0,50, $0.58, $2,71. I am not sure the new tier system is bad. I have had less sales compared to the previous months but am earning more. It is just so demotivating to see photo's being sold and only earn $0,10 cents. 

Also I don't get why they stopped with the lifetime earnings and are resetting everybody to the first tier at the beginning of every new year. Why don't they look how somebody has been performing in the 12 months prior and based on that decide in what tier they belong. 

Also uploading is a pain at the moment. Anybody else experiencing any troubles when it comes to uploading? Good quality photo's are being turned down for absolutely ridiculous reasons. I have been uploading photo's 4 - 5 times before being approved. Did something change with SS? It is kind of suspicious that the issues with uploading started after I commented on the new tier system here in de forum. 🤔 🧐 . Since then all photo's I tried to upload were rejected. 

I really enjoyed creating before and uploading to ShutterStock. Sales were improving every time. But this last month or so has totally taken my motivation away and caused some good frustration and anger.

Not sure what to do. 

On 6/2/2020 at 3:42 AM, vextor studio said:

This is what they say

" help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential."

and this is what they do

0.1 ,  0.12   and 0.14   from 0.38 

79199678_10222382983991549_7209468189657268224_o.jpg

SS must either be incredibly bad at sums or have no common sense what so ever.. Is there an authority in the USA (SS is an US company) that you can report SS to for unfair trading practices. If they are losing money on subs then they are spending too much on something else. BUT in no circumstances should they bite the hand that feeds them ie. us contributors. Wake up shutterstack AND DO THE RIGHT THING NOW!. 

Ten cents per photo in 2020..?... They are really committing an attack on your dignity as a human being ... this will only prove how much your self-esteem is worth. If you don't close your account, you really don't respect yourself ...

Guys, I still have not found any clear explanation from SS to why this new pricing policy has been implemented. Have you? I mean, it`s really upsetting and would not change much, but I guess at least we deserve to know the motive.

I have paused my account from the first day. And if they do not change their usurious policy, I will not sell a single more photo on Shutterstock. This is a scam .. and everyone would have to do the same.

yo he pausado mi cuenta desde el primer dia. yY si no cambian su politica usurera no volvere a vender ni una solo foto mas en Shutterstock. Esto es una estafa.. y todos tendrian que hacer lo mismo.

On 7/2/2020 at 5:37 AM, Anastasia Sokolenko said:

Guys, I still have not found any clear explanation from SS to why this new pricing policy has been implemented. Have you? I mean, it`s really upsetting and would not change much, but I guess at least we deserve to know the motive.

Maybe because they were losing money by paying more than they got?

750 images for $199 a month, that's .26 an image. So SS was losing 10c or more an image if someone downloaded all their images, each month.

Now:

Level 1, <= 100 = 15%
Level 2, 101 - 250 = 20%
Level 3, 251 - 500 = 25%
Level 4, 501 - 2,500 = 30%
Level 5, 2,501 - 25,000 = 35%
Level 6, > 25,000 = 40%

26c image x 40% = .11 pay

Note: I'm not saying I like the pay cut to 10c for some images, but the question was why?

Instead of a flat rate, we are paid a percentage of the actual sale.

50 image subscription $99 a month, someone downloads one of my images, I get .59 instead of the old rate 36c. I've already had 71¢ subs.

Some will be higher, but so far, most are less. We're six weeks into the new program, I still don't know how this will work on the long term.

$0.10 photo sales and $1.00 video sales.  Also falling total sales far behind AdobeStock this month.  I'm seriously considering turning off my portfolio to see what Shutterstock does because those chap sales are undercutting myself on other sites.  New CEO should learn from what happened to iStock/Getty after contributors quit.  This is very sad what's happening on Shutterstock.  It's a self-destruction.  Pond5's CEO was replaced recently.  I wonder how long the new CEO at Shutterstock will last if contributors aren't happy and leave.

In June my income reduced to exactly half of what I was earning the previous three months. It's going the same way this month. 

19 hours ago, Pixeljoy said:

SS will match your level.🤣

I still attain (and exceed) my $ goals every month so... not really concerned with photo snobbery jabs I gotta say. If there's technical or other requirements SS would like to implement, they are free to do so, but those don't come from you. 🤣

Cheers,

On 7/16/2020 at 4:26 PM, HodagMedia said:

Maybe because they were losing money by paying more than they got?

750 images for $199 a month, that's .26 an image. So SS was losing 10c or more an image if someone downloaded all their images, each month.

Now:

Level 1, <= 100 = 15%
Level 2, 101 - 250 = 20%
Level 3, 251 - 500 = 25%
Level 4, 501 - 2,500 = 30%
Level 5, 2,501 - 25,000 = 35%
Level 6, > 25,000 = 40%

26c image x 40% = .11 pay

Note: I'm not saying I like the pay cut to 10c for some images, but the question was why?

Instead of a flat rate, we are paid a percentage of the actual sale.

50 image subscription $99 a month, someone downloads one of my images, I get .59 instead of the old rate 36c. I've already had 71¢ subs.

Some will be higher, but so far, most are less. We're six weeks into the new program, I still don't know how this will work on the long term.

Hey HodagMedia, that is a very good point...but...

If Shutterstock was actually not able to cover their expenses any more then the right way should be to reconsider the pricing for customer flat rates. Rather than cutting already low provisions for contributors down to almost zero.

SS blames the market situation and claims they are forced into a new pricing policy but how come that other agencies were able to pay much higher provisions in the past and still have not adjusted their pricing policy? It's the same market, microstock.

35 minutes ago, bernd.neeser said:

If Shutterstock was actually not able to cover their expenses any more then the right way should be to reconsider the pricing for customer flat rates. Rather than cutting already low provisions for contributors down to almost zero.

Maybe SS have to realize that one cannot have the cake and eat it too ...?