• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only got a $0.10, $0.11 and $0.15 sale this PM. Not worth the electric bill on uploading anymore images, so will not upload new images until the pay rates go up again. I'm on LEVEL 4.

Shutterstock also depends on its employees, we must unite and disable portfolios. They will also gain nothing if we disable.

11 cents sales??? Going from 36 cents to 11 cents? Are you guys crazy? Under such conditions investing in new images does not make economic sense. Time to move on.

Posted Images

I find this outrageous given that shutterstock makes money with our photos, in addition to the fact that they have already "cheated" me with the photos of the Venice film festival by not uploading them because they told me they didn't need it even though I had a Case Number: 08522876. I will never upload a photo to this site again, indeed everything that is present here I will upload it from other parts, a real shame and since 2011 I upload photos

I have removed licensing permission from my portfolio, and my portfolio shows 0 images, but, I noticed that images are still searchable on google, and if I click on them, it seems that I could potentially buy them. Could anyone explain to me how does it work?  Can buyers still buy them? Will the earnings go 100% to SS? I do not know well.

Shutterstock admin, this is an absurd. I've been a Shutterstock contributor since 2007! That's 13 years! How can you suddenly decide to drop contributors earnings like this? This is only benefiting the very large portfolios and not the majority of contributors that make Shutterstock a diverse platform. My earning we reduced from $0.38 to $0.10! I never thought I would be so disappointed in Shutterstock. Congratulations, you are now worse than iStock! 👏👏👏

I will be removing my entire portfolio from Shutterstock!

image.png.f867aa7bc079539bc373f19bcbd51a82.png

Hello everyone!

1) I am not a supporter of radical measures, but SS measures cannot be called soft, it is impossible to ignore them.
2) I am not ready to delete the portfolio in the next month and I want to calculate everything in fact at the end of June, although I do not believe that they will lift the sanctions against their authors.
3) I hope that the shutterstock management knows what they are doing and they at least have a plan B, in case we can all come together and significantly influence their decisions.

I have been an author on SS since 2009 and do not want to part with them, however $ 0.1 / image is a waste of time and a 2-3 times reduction in income. About the annual zeroing of levels - without comment at all. It's like in the movie "Platform";)

I wish everyone extended licenses, and I wish SS management to save face at this difficult time and find a compromise that would suit all parties. The depreciation of the work of the authors is the road to nowhere.

41 minutes ago, 1001holiday said:

Hello everyone!

1) I am not a supporter of radical measures, but SS measures cannot be called soft, it is impossible to ignore them.
2) I am not ready to delete the portfolio in the next month and I want to calculate everything in fact at the end of June, although I do not believe that they will lift the sanctions against their authors.
3) I hope that the shutterstock management knows what they are doing and they at least have a plan B, in case we can all come together and significantly influence their decisions.

I have been an author on SS since 2009 and do not want to part with them, however $ 0.1 / image is a waste of time and a 2-3 times reduction in income. About the annual zeroing of levels - without comment at all. It's like in the movie "Platform";)

I wish everyone extended licenses, and I wish SS management to save face at this difficult time and find a compromise that would suit all parties. The depreciation of the work of the authors is the road to nowhere.

"Compromise"? There is no "compromise" between the shitty earnings we recieved before and the ultra-low-shitty earnings those who have preserved their portfolios recieve now. Regarding to me, I even would consider whether I want to renew my portfolio or not even if SS would go back to the earnings structure which was in force until 31st May, 2020. There shoud be a new, major change in the industry. There is a Facebook group "Stock Submitters coalition" (https://www.facebook.com/groups/261369748434285) where the changes are being discussed. Revolution is on the way ;) (hopefully - with your help) 

4 hours ago, BjornBecker said:

If you remove licensing permission from your portfolio, will you be paid what you already earned?

Yes, if you reach the payout limit. I disabled sales on May 31st and I got my payment this month. 

This is very frustrating i've had a shutterstock since 2016 and didn't invest much time into it made about 14dollars off like 23 sales in total but I kept wanting to upload more content figured why the hell not so I went to a protest. May 30th uploaded and bunch of editorial photos and started getting a lot of sales and then I looked at how much I was making and saw the dreaded 10cents for most. I've made 59 sales since last tuesday at a whopping 9 dollars. compared to 14 off 23 sales previously. 

Hopefully they listen and change this or I'll go elsewhere, I mean they reject photos for little to no reason, And when they reject them such as over a caption or misspelling you can't just correct the mistake and resubmit them. 

If they reject them and you've uploaded a lot at one time you have to go back and try and pick through all your rejected photos because they don't leave them organized in the order they we're uploaded. Just the time it takes to upload alone is worth far more then 10 cents, especially when often you can re-upload the same rejected photo and get it approved without any changes.

As well they limit how much you can upload per week.

The dashboard is garbage, out of my 82 sales i've had like 5 or 6 photos thats have included which tags are the most popular and have gotten me downloads. everything else doesn't have that data.

Also conspiracy alert but the earning summaries tap wont let me download to see a full breakdown it says "Sorry! We're having some issues loading this data right now. Please check back later."

Again i'm pretty green here I already don't understand a lot about stock photography in general, But I know enough to know this is complete BS and they better change quick.