17 hours ago, romi49 said:

non c'è niente da fare, la delusione e la rabbia sono crescenti , ma abbandonare shutterstock significa tagliare il ramo su cui siamo seduti.

guardiamo la realtà , questa è l'agenzia che ci dà più vendite , poi dietro c' è A.S. , tutte le altre sono nulla.

dimentichiamoci di fare dei guadagni , questo non è un più come un lavoro , è solo un hobby per il tempo libero.

questi primi 3 giorni shutterstock mi ha dato 9,62 dollari

A.S.                 "             2,71 euro

non mi sento di tagliare il ramo , non sto caricando altro perchè il dispetto è troppo forte , ma so che presto ci ricadrò....

si concordo,  pero stop uploading per me... cosi come su IS non penso di ricadere se non cambia qualcosa. meglio fare piu effort su AS  e al..y per me. 

17 hours ago, Dan Campbell said:

Actually, an image on SS is worth about $1.  But you only get 10 cents. 

If we're getting $0.10, which represents a 15% commission, then the image must have sold for $0.67 (15% of 0.67 is 0.10). So if Level 6, after 25000 sales, gets you a 40% of the sale price, that still only comes to $0.27 per sale.. what? So two cents more than the old base rate after 25,000 sales........ 

I was ~$40 from reaching the old $500 milestone. Not a big deal for some heavy hitters here, but it was to me. So, now I'm sitting at level II and experiencing the same as everyone else here. Now, if my number of downloads suddenly increase by at least 250% due to a new subscription infrastructure, then OK, but I highly doubt that's the case. But I'll give it until the end of June. If no sudden major spike in sales, then it simply ain't worth it and will disable my port until I see positive change that shows support for the suppliers of the goods here... 

On 6/1/2020 at 12:16 PM, Nick Beer said:

Only got a $0.10, $0.11 and $0.15 sale this PM. Not worth the electric bill on uploading anymore images, so will not upload new images until the pay rates go
up again.

I'm on LEVEL 4.

Same with me.  Level 4,  I didn't think we were suppose to drop so much.  And the photos I have right now are of the riots.  I was out getting tear gassed, shot at and dodging bricks to get them.  I had a problem with the idea of letting them go for .38 cents, at 10 cents SS can't have them.  I'll license them directlly.

I'm still a newbie here and I haven't made much money yet, but things were getting better for me and I had a long term plan, which is totally gone now. I'm not disabling my portfolio yet, I want to see how this shitty new system works for at least a month or two, but if it all stays like it is right now I'll be forced to leave. 

Guys, please, let's get united! Maybe, if many of us will stop uploading new content or even block our portfolios, SS will reconsider this shitty decision.

I'm not uploading anything anymore. Just waiting for my next 35$ payout and then move elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Rezi Koudelkova said:

Guys, please, let's get united! Maybe, if many of us will stop uploading new content or even block our portfolios, SS will reconsider this shitty decision.

I'm not uploading anything anymore. Just waiting for my next 35$ payout and then move elsewhere.

why not right away, my portfolio is over, 13.5k photos

I just got an $11.85 video sale and an $.80 image sale in addition to a few $.10s in 2 days.  I'm not complaining. 

It's silly to jump to rash conclusions and disable your port immediately.  Give it a month or two, see how this plays out as far as your income, then decide what to do.

26 minutes ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

I just got an $11.85 video sale and an $.80 image sale in addition to a few $.10s in 2 days.  I'm not complaining. 

It's silly to jump to rash conclusions and disable your port immediately.  Give it a month or two, see how this plays out as far as your income, then decide what to do.

I agree... Still understandable that people can be very upset. Congratulations by the way 

Sure it's understandable that people are upset.  But I don't think anyone should make rash decisions like disabling their ports just yet, until we see how this new commission structure affects customer TRAFFIC, NUMBER of sales and number of NON-SUBSCRIPTION sales.  This might actually IMPROVE our incomes.

Wait, so they slashed the royalty rate and they've lowered the subs to .10?!?!

iris:  Yeah, AS LOW AS $.10, as of June 1.  It's a percentage-based instead of flat-rate model now.

I've gotten a $.20 and a few $.33 subs in addition to a few $.10 subs, in addition to an $.80 on demand and an $11.85 video cart sale in the last 5 days since this changeover.  I'm not complaining!

Who knows--this new commission structure might be just the shot in the arm my video portfolio needs.  I rarely sell a video clip, maybe 1-2 per year.  If this changeover makes my video sales come to life, starts them selling at least in the 100s per year, at $10 or more per video clip, in addition to image sales, I will be a very happy camper!

Nice way to kick everyone when they are already down. SS as company is not even doing badly, and don't need to cut costs! They clearly don't want us here, so I disabled my port.

1 hour ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

Sure it's understandable that people are upset.  But I don't think anyone should make rash decisions like disabling their ports just yet, until we see how this new commission structure affects customer TRAFFIC, NUMBER of sales and number of NON-SUBSCRIPTION sales.  This might actually IMPROVE our incomes.

Yes l totally agree... Anyway personally I don't feel like uploading any more. But I will wait and see. There could be a possibility of an increasing of sales although for less money but that could lead to an increase of earnings.. it's just a natter of waiting and see. ( This didn't happen on lS for me though )

I can't help it but every time I get a 10 cent download I feel as if somebody had just spit in my face, saying: "here is your 10 cents you idiot! now go and be happy with it!". just pure and outright enfuriating!! really boils my blood. just waiting for the next payout level. can't imagine how those feel who have 10k+ or even 20k+ images and clips. to me it's only 10, 20, 50 cents loss here and there. but those who used to sell a lot!?

stop complaining and take off your poertfolio .... i earned 35000 in all the years and now pulled my portfolio off .... action is maybe helping ...complaining does not!