I posted a message that I had disabled my image portfolio on Shutterstock, however after two days Shutterstock still hasn't approved the message (I can see it in red but nobody else can). I guess they want to limit people sharing that information. Anyway the Change.org petition has almost 7500 signatures, if everyone who signed it disabled image sales that would easily several million images offline. If you want to sign it, it's called "Object to the decline in Shutterstock's Contributor new earnings policy." Another thing might be to write up news releases to have as many stories out there as possible on this. 

11 minutes ago, MJD Graphics said:

On IS I regularly get $0.02 and $0.03 sales ( no, I didn't delete my account but don't upload anything anymore ) and while some other MS sites seem to be taking advantage of the SS situation remember they are also in it to make money. Once all other MS agencies see that what SS and IS did ( and for the record I don't agree ) and got away with it they will also change their payment structure. In some time the whole MS world will collapse to a $0.10/image system (or even less).

I believe this to be true. Combine that with the proliferation of free use sites like unsplash, pixabay, etc. (who have images comparable in quality to ss), and the increase in quality of cell phone cameras, and the profession of "stock photographer" will be a thing of the past. Very sad, but the world is changing quickly. 10 years ago who would have thought taxi drivers jobs would be threatened by uber, and small hotels would be crushed by the influx of airbnb's. There are even more examples out there, but stock photography is definitely going in that direction, both for the photographers and for the sites who sell their photos.

I am nowhere near most of you guys in either the number of images online or number of sales, but really I am appalled by what SS has done. Typically I was getting paid $2.48 for my number 1 best seller and then yesterday it was 0.10 cents. So in response, I deleted all of my best selling images from my portfolio so they are now only available on Adobe Stock and Dreamstime. I am waiting to reach my minimum payout and then will close my account. This whole thing is such a shame.

I am also suspending my portfolio.

I got the congratulatory email raising me to level 3 in December...hooray $0.36 per sub...only to be shot down in flames in June.

The $0.10 I've received for my best selling images is disgusting, insulting.....why don't SS go the whole hog and charge us to submit our images!

If no reversal by July (which I doubt), I'm off for good.

Shutterstock, you should be ashamed of yourselves. I don't often post but this has made my blood boil.

If I had known I'd be earning $0.10 per sale I would not have bothered to upload images here. I'm at level 2 but based on last year's performance would be at level 3. I may not be a great photographer but I consider my work as being more valuable than 10 cents per image. It's just not worth my effort to upload anything more here. And, I have disabled my portfolio.

4 hours ago, Ray49 said:

I got the congratulatory email raising me to level 3 in December...hooray $0.36 per sub...only to be shot down in flames in June.

Sort of a similar situation here. I only just recently reached Level 2 about two months ago and was enjoying some $0.33 subs. And now all that's been taken away from me. At this rate, it's going to take a while to reach my next payout but when I do, I'll disable my ports. 

9 hours ago, alessandro pinto said:

and finally I also got my first 0.10 sub. What a sad feeling. Like a deja vu as it also happened 3 years ago  on IS where I stopped uploading since then... 

non c'è niente da fare, la delusione e la rabbia sono crescenti , ma abbandonare shutterstock significa tagliare il ramo su cui siamo seduti.

guardiamo la realtà , questa è l'agenzia che ci dà più vendite , poi dietro c' è A.S. , tutte le altre sono nulla.

dimentichiamoci di fare dei guadagni , questo non è un più come un lavoro , è solo un hobby per il tempo libero.

questi primi 3 giorni shutterstock mi ha dato 9,62 dollari

A.S.                 "             2,71 euro

non mi sento di tagliare il ramo , non sto caricando altro perchè il dispetto è troppo forte , ma so che presto ci ricadrò....

I'm getting only 0.10$ downloads since the start of the new system:

image.png.b453dd323d537f88c59044b371797864.png

All about this is disconcerting and demeaning.

I am here since January 2018, a few months ago I managed to get to level 2 (0.33$ subs) and I was really excited about it, I began to reach reasonable monthly revenues.

Then, the COVID crisis made my sales drop for more than 50%, and now this silly, humiliating "earning structure" will make me not reach monthly payout again.

Very sad, really very sad.

6 hours ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Sort of a similar situation here. I only just recently reached Level 2 about two months ago and was enjoying some $0.33 subs. And now all that's been taken away from me. At this rate, it's going to take a while to reach my next payout but when I do, I'll disable my ports. 

Hi Patrick, You could do what I did and reset the payout amount in accounts to the amount they currently owe you (if you are not on the minimum of $30) and then disable your ports straight away for better effect.

I got my first .10 sale this morning. I was waiting to see what was going to happen and I gotta tell ya ......I'm insulted by this! What am I going to buy with a dime?! Has SS slashed their prices for customers too? Probably not. I'll cash out at this point then close my portfolio immediately. 

I imagine there will be a exodus of photographers leaving SS judging from the replies and heading over to other stock sites where their numbers will jump drastically! 

But seriously........what do you think it going to happen there too?!

I don't see a rosy future for stock photographers anymore. 

I wonder how many of us are really going to disable or delete SS portfolio. I would like to see the statistics of this loss of contributors, to see how many really take action against this sh**. Even if I think most of contributors will take it quietly as they did 3 years ago. 

Do you think it is also a way for them to get rid of all small contributors, and keep only the big ones? Like professional studios, with potentially higher image quality, compared with many other small contributors.

I disabled mine. At level 2 it never really amounted to much, but now it is just embarrassing.

My last two sales on Alamy earned me $83 which is the equivalent of 830 downloads on SS at $0.10 per sale. I also have thousands of images still to upload and was planning to upload them here first as SS is user friendly, however, that will not be happening.

Can somebody help me out ?

At 1st of june I had 99 downloaded images so I was quite comfortable to make the next step in those days. Which happend today. But I got again only 0.1 payd for that pic. And stayed on Level 1. So did they basically reset the Number of download due to the new system ???

Just a quick update. Yesterday I posted that I deleted all my top performing photos. I did this by using the "top performers" link under the "insights" tab. I have always been able to look here to see how many times a photo has been downloaded. I have also always been able to see my top photos in catalog manager organized by most popular. Today, I went to look again, and guess what? The most popular selection is not working in catalog manager and as far as using the "insights tab, I see nothing. They have disabled it. This is the screen I get:  

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 1.06.10 PM.png