1 hour ago, Nick Beer said:

Yep, SS don't give a dam about the time and effort it takes to do your stuff.

Ditto me, I wont be uploading much here from now on, how did they keep a straight face when they announced this??😒

6 hours ago, Viktor Kochetkov said:

How did this happen? It's really frustrating to wake up and see this low earnings per each good image. $0.10 per image!!!! I'm at level 4 and this month I will go to level 5, but the earnings are going down, not up! Ridiculous!

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 6.58.52 AM.png

You have splendid port! :)

So far so good. Yesterday clip at subs model was sold (did earn) for about $32 and another for $9. Not brilliant, but not bad at all. 0.10$ for a photo ... Jeez!

At last there are sales of clips ... and that is OK!

I never sold a lot, it gave me some pocket money once in a while. I stopped uploading the really good images, because I was not prepared to sell them for that price! I sold a picture to National Geographic last year and got more for one picture than I got here over the period of several years for hundreds of pictures. 

Now, the price dropped from the usual 25 cents to 10 cents and that is the end for me.

I'll wait for the next pay out, then my portfolio will be closed.

How is this exactly REWARDING and FAIR, Shutterstock? No matter what level you are, the tiers are worthless, as people at high levels will still earn only 10c per sub sale if they're unlucky. A 50%-75% decrease in revenue, going straight into the pockets of Shutterstock. You're robbing hard-working artists of their well-deserved income.

Soulless, corporate greed is what it is, nothing more. How Shutterstock managers and CEO can live with themselves is beyond me.

14 hours ago, Nick Beer said:

What an insult, got a $0.10, $0.11 and $0.15 sale this PM. Not worth the electric bill on uploading anymore images to these jokers, closing my acount
after I get paid.

I'm on LEVEL 4.

The same thing here. On the level 4 today I've got 0.10 and 0.14. To laugh or to cry - that's the question.

11 DL's for today so far. 10 Are for $0.10 and 1 for $0.15 (instead of $0.38 each)

13 hours ago, Glass and Nature said:

How do you disable your portfolio?

Go to account settings (Hover over your user name in top-right of contributor homepage)

In the "Licensing options" options group, toggle the options to "No"

Don't know how long it takes for this the take effect, but if it works, it could be a better alternative to deleting all photos from the content manager one-by-one (there is no multi-select and delete option!).
If everyone does this now, maybe SS will see the error of their ways and undo the earnings changes (which shows despicable greed), then we can just go back and turn our portfolios back on.

30 minutes ago, OceanicWanderer said:

WTMF is this?

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 7.20.08 PM.png

Consider yourself "lucky" having at least a $0.40 and $0.42 sale.
I've got 14 DL's for today so far. 13 are $0.10 and one $0.15 sub DL's (coming from $0.38 each)

The set back to level 1 every January 1st is no longer an issue as all the downloads already earn us the lowest royalties

The thing is when you get .30 cents from other stock sites for the same shot who in their right mind would stay on here for .10 cents? its madness. Also selling the same shot on SS for .10 probably loses you the chance of making .30 cents somewhere else. I've put my portfolio on hold but waiting for them to take my shots of their page. I'm not totally out yet because of the work its taken me to upload the 12k+ shots, perhaps they might reverse the changes? but they are not allowed to sell my shots at the moment. Basically it means I wont be making 200usd a month, but they will not be making 1000 usd a month from my work.

7 hours ago, OceanicWanderer said:

WTMF is this?

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 7.20.08 PM.png

There is no mercy. $0.10 and all that. You won't get any more and I'll get even less because I've blocked my license. What a strange 3 months.. like a nightmare...

16 hours ago, Gtranquillity said:

11 DL's for today so far. 10 Are for $0.10 and 1 for $0.15 (instead of $0.38 each)

so.. a 72% pay cut

I feel sorry for the people who use this for more then just some additional money. If you like myself are using this money to help pay bills, cover rent, basic living and only get less then a week's notice that your income is going to drop to 25% of what it was.... That's low. thats really harsh and uncaring to give such little notice that we will only make 1/4 of what we have been making when some of us depend upon this money.

And to think that at one point SS was considered a good company. the place to contribute in the microstock industry as they paid fair, had good sales, and took care of their contributors. especially compared to the likes of getty/istock. Guess this is just getty 2.0 now.

On 6/2/2020 at 6:15 AM, fotosunny said:

Just disabled my Images account but left Videos open. Will wait and see when I get a video sale

For my first 2 video sales in June I got $32 (sold via sub system) and $9, both HD. It's impossible to say on what prices they were sold. I'm at level 3 for clips.

I create vector images. I was just beginning to get to the point where I was making enough from my work to feel it was substantial. It seems to be about a 75% drop in income so far this month. I am at level 5 and when I see that I have 16 downloads and only earn a little over a dollar, that is simply not worth it to me. I don't think that Shutterstock's profits have dropped, so why should my income from it drop? If Shutterstock does not do something about this, I will be compelled to pull all my images and drop out of my account. Come on, Shutterstock! Do the right thing. If your loyal contributors are treated this way by you, there is something wrong here. Please fix this unfair situation.