Ok. I'm on level 4 now and should reach level 5 this month according to sales. So I'm getting 30% of sales. Let's count.

The basic subscription for 10 images is 49$.

One image - is $4,9 for customer.

30% of that sale should be... $1.47, right? 
--------
And if I get $0,10 - I get just 2% of that!!!!!!!
Can someone explain me, where is the mistake?

I was surprised when I checked and saw that I got 13 SODs as I've never gotten that many in one day before ever since I started. Then I saw the price and they were mostly $0,10. And I just made it to level 5. So what the heck makes it different if I were a level 1 if I'm still only getting $0,10 per image?

The amount of subs are also decreasing but they're still $0,38 each which confuses me even more.

8 minutes ago, siridhata said:

The amount of subs are also decreasing but they're still $0,38 each which confuses me even more.

The amount of subs happened in the morning (NY time) and all the SOD you got was after it taking effect which started in the afternoon (NY time)

I just came her to complain about this. My kids laughed at me already for only getting .25 for my pictures. This is insulting. The whole process is flawed. Will we get .10 every first hundred shots every year? So maybe until June? Then what? What's the next tier? Thirteen cents? Then 20? 25? Then January hits and we revert to ten cents again? I've been happy with Shutterstock and have focused most of my stock photo efforts here, but this is enough to help me move on to a fairer site. By the way, the claim is that this is more reflective of the stock photography business, but I already get more per print on the other sites I submit to. 

Shutterstock should rethink this change in policy. 

When I have time, I will cancel all the pictures on ShutterStock that I also uploaded in other Stock sites. I will leave my account on only with the editorial pictures that has not been accepted elsewhere.

I think this is what Shutterstock wants us to do.

33 minutes ago, siridhata said:

I was surprised when I checked and saw that I got 13 SODs as I've never gotten that many in one day before ever since I started. Then I saw the price and they were mostly $0,10. And I just made it to level 5. So what the heck makes it different if I were a level 1 if I'm still only getting $0,10 per image?

There was a reporting glitch when they switched to the new earning structure. Subs were showing up as SODs. I think it is fixed now.

In addition, the switch took place in the middle of the day, adding more confusion.

48 minutes ago, Viktor Kochetkov said:

Ok. I'm on level 4 now and should reach level 5 this month according to sales. So I'm getting 30% of sales. Let's count.

The basic subscription for 10 images is 49$.

One image - is $4,9 for customer.

30% of that sale should be... $1.47, right? 
--------
And if I get $0,10 - I get just 2% of that!!!!!!!
Can someone explain me, where is the mistake?

There are many different subscription plans. See table for the commissions at different levels.

1941968641_subtable.png.876ac9071a7a10472c19a18b6bfb34ff.png

I am getting really tired of Shutterstock's silence. Why the #@!!$$! are they not the ones posting these tables so people can figure this stuff out??!

53 minutes ago, chyworks said:

The amount of subs happened in the morning (NY time) and all the SOD you got was after it taking effect which started in the afternoon (NY time)

28 minutes ago, Milo J said:

There was a reporting glitch when they switched to the new earning structure. Subs were showing up as SODs. I think it is fixed now.

In addition, the switch took place in the middle of the day, adding more confusion.

I guess you're both right, but I can cofirm the glitch is still there. My latest sales (within the last hour) are still showing up as SODs.

Talk about cheap labor...I just disabled my image port because I don't want the 10 cents sales to hurt my other outlets for photos that sell well. I think it's horrible what they've done, especially for contributors who have worked hard and long to get to the higher levels. Personally, I only reached level 2 a few months ago, but I refuse to be humiliated with such low margins.  

2 minutes ago, beti.art said:

Talk about cheap labor...I just disabled my image port because I don't want the 10 cents sales to hurt my other outlets for photos that sell well. I think it's horrible what they've done, especially for contributors who have worked hard and long to get to the higher levels. Personally, I only reached level 2 a few months ago, but I refuse to be humiliated with such low margins.  

Me too  ut somehow my images still show up in searches... Id rather peole by my work elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Lewis Tse Pui Lung said:

i am level 5 too, i am also 0.1 or 0.17 per image, what the hell

The levels will only come into play when they sell something outside their subscription plan. For the rest 10 cents is the new reality.

Lol, Shutterstock probably thinks their doing us a favor with the 10 cents minimum or we would receive 1.24 cents or less.

I am Level 4.
Yesterday, June 1, I found a $0.10 sale and a $0.18 sale in my revenue sheet. That is unprecedent.

My revenue is converted to EUR with an exchange rate of 0,9

Also, I have to pay 30% taxes on my revenue.

That means, that the $0.10 sale results in a profit of EUR 0.06 and the $0.18 sale in a profit of EUR 0.11 (neglecting the expenditures on my site)

One plain breadroll in my German village bakery costs me EUR 0.70

I have to sell 12 photos à $0.10 or 7 photos à $0.18 for one plain breadroll. I do not understand, how Shutterstock can term this a fair pricing.

Also, if I remember correctly, the settings in the account configurations had previously the possibility to restrict sales to on-Demand sales. Such choices have been taken away, too.

5 hours ago, vextor studio said:

This is what they say

" help to create fair opportunities for all our contributors, and reward performance with greater earnings potential."

and this is what they do

0.1 ,  0.12   and 0.14   from 0.38 

79199678_10222382983991549_7209468189657268224_o.jpg

Yep, SS don't give a dam about the time and effort it takes to do your stuff.

12 minutes ago, Nick Beer said:

Yep, SS don't give a dam about the time and effort it takes to do your stuff.

31 years ago I left college with my photography HND being told by the lectures that it's a lucrative career if you get the work.Turned out to be anything but. On the other hand, this isn't my personal work, but even bread and butter images should still pay. Fortunately, I'm 53, my mortgage is paid in 2.5 years so I am past caring as I have other income streams from music.