Our alternatives? AS, Alamy...???

On 6/1/2020 at 4:47 AM, DiMagio said:

Hi everyone. 
Following the latest SS “updates” 😀 just want to ask for your opinion on what other alternatives we have at the moment.

I am new to SS (just over a year) and spent few years with AS (since Fotolia ) and Alamy. Pond 5 for videos, not exclusive.

Quite happy with payments and number of sales with AS. I did a quick research and managed to select few other platforms for sharing content and just want ask you to share your experience and opinions about the following agencies, if possible. 

Adobe Stock, Alamy, Dreamstime, Depositphotos, Getty... ?

I have an "alternative". Figure out what one needs to do to take better photos, take more of them, promote yourself better, talk to buyers to buying certain packages, look into making videos, understand the stock photo and photography market dynamics better, etc. Just IMO for myself I am speaking,

Cheers,

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can go with those agencies you mentioned in the last sentence except Getty. Don't do that as they are the same or worse as SS and don't care about their contributors at all.

Our colleague, Alexandre Rotenberg, has written an in depth review about many agencies, revealing his May earnings at each of them. This won't help with SS but for those of you who want to know m

I just joined YayImages. They are a small site, which I think will stop many contributors from wanting to join in. BUT I am already a huge fan, simply because of how they treat photographers. I think

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, geogif said:

DT in the moment:

After DT has added the promised 10%, I wanted to upload some pictures again. But I only got as far as this:

Unbenannt.jpg.666a852117fc812087c84aca474f47c1.jpg
Apparently the server is completely overloaded.
Looks like some other photographers had the same idea as me. 
So, at the moment ih can't upload anything there, although I didn't exhaust the 1000 pictures. 

yeah same here

1 hour ago, geogif said:

DT in the moment:

After DT has added the promised 10%, I wanted to upload some pictures again. But I only got as far as this:

Unbenannt.jpg.666a852117fc812087c84aca474f47c1.jpg
Apparently the server is completely overloaded.
Looks like some other photographers had the same idea as me. 
So, at the moment ih can't upload anything there, although I didn't exhaust the 1000 pictures. 

Me too

I feel dropping my commission down to 10c is an insult to my skill and the time I spend on processing and indexing the images. I will not be insulted like this, there are other options, on AS I get at least 99c and even though the volumes are lower at Alamy I get many sales of $40+ and even some way higher. Since my personal favorite is fine art photography that SS seldom accept (my best sellers at AS are night time photos that SS won't accept because they are "under exposed"!) sites like Red Bubble and Fine art America produces better results with tiny but specialized portfolios anyway.

Cheers SS......

On 6/4/2020 at 11:20 PM, stockphotofan1 said:

Figure out what one needs to do to take better photos, take more of them, promote yourself better, talk to buyers to buying certain packages, look into making videos, understand the stock photo and photography market dynamics better, etc. Just IMO for myself I am speaking,

You're absolutely right.
That's why I always look at the PFs of successful contributors to learn. 
You belong to the few who are very successful under the new conditions of SS. 
Maybe I should take an example from your extraordinary PF and try to reach the quality level of your photos?

On 6/11/2020 at 9:16 AM, geogif said:

You're absolutely right.
That's why I always look at the PFs of successful contributors to learn. 
You belong to the few who are very successful under the new conditions of SS. 
Maybe I should take an example from your extraordinary PF and try to reach the quality level of your photos?

My port sucks obviously. and those were just my "IMO" type of thoughts. Do what you want to do of course, I focus on me and being positive.

1 minute ago, stockphotofan1 said:

My port sucks obviously

Sure, one of the most interesting PFs I have ever come across.
A truly exceptional PF.
Could this exception be the reason why you are one of the few who benefit from the new rules?
Is SS currently trying to adjust the quality in order to expand other products such as offset?
Or do they just like you?

On 6/11/2020 at 9:47 AM, geogif said:

Sure, one of the most interesting PFs I have ever come across.
A truly exceptional PF.
Could this exception be the reason why you are one of the few who benefit from the new rules?
Is SS currently trying to adjust the quality in order to expand other products such as offset?
Or do they just like you?

Who knows? Do you? What is your question to image ratio statistics?

• 4 months later...

Hi every one,

Thanks to Shutterstock. It provides better incomes to my collections of photos. I tried many different  websites before coming back to SS, usually many of them are fake or never pay u back to your work. Instead of that I figure out some sites Some what similar to SS in crating stocks and payment methods. Alamy, Dreamstime, Depositphotos.