June 1 -- and first sale is for $0.38 subscription, same as May rates.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haven't pushed the panic button yet. My thoughts on what's going on: Usually, deployments of this size don't necessarily require more support than what is normal (and there probably is some

@Kate Shutterstock June 1 -- and first sale is for $0.38 subscription, same as May rates. Is the new rate system ready to go? Trying to track to get info on how this is going, yet, no d

god such a shame that your huge portfolio that im sure took a lot of work to create will be makes 1/2 or maybe even 1/3 what it used to I feel for you man, I hope you also have it in other places l

Posted Images

Haven't pushed the panic button yet.

My thoughts on what's going on:

Usually, deployments of this size don't necessarily require more support than what is normal (and there probably is some devops for 24h support available anyway). The website gets deployed say once a week with new features and a/b tests to test upcoming features all the time without us noticing (not speaking with any knowledge about shutterstock, just experience in development for globally active companies with multiple brands). Usually automated, but can all be done from home logging in to remote servers of course, so someone's thought that the riots are a cause for delay isn't really valid. 

So my guess is either the calculations for everyone's new rates haven't finished in time or the change is halted because there needs to be a crisis meeting on C-level first. I hope for the latter 😉

I was sort of hoping (up until about an hour ago) that they did change their mind and there would be an announcement with at least a more fair earning structure but I just got my first 11 cents sale. No need to wait it out until the end of the month, I will close my account after just having celebrated my 10th anniversary here.