Jump to content
Brian Kapp

Think this one will pass?

Recommended Posts

What do you think. Will this one I just submitted (without the 'watermark') pass? I have my prediction.  (It is just a question, not meaning to imply anything about the approval process.) The title is: May 28, 2020. Northern Illinois, USA. In a herd of dark brown, black, cattle with ear tags, one peers over the back of another.

image.thumb.png.007701efc2565773d02a3e7d1cf08440.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the focus is on the cow that peers I can't see why not. I f you remove the tag it might even go as commercial.

The only catch is the barbed wire which indicates it's a private property. But a cow is 'just' a cow ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wondered about the tag aspect. I don't know that tags necessarily translate into who the owner is. But I only read a little about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scorsby said:

No it will be rejected for similars. Had there been one cow .... maybe ... but you've taken the piss.

Funny you should say that. I just had a rejection on the similar basis, where the central object is a seven or so foot tall chicken statue on the edge of someone's pretty large garden. In one shot the statue pretty much fills the frame.  The other is pulled back showing tmuch of the garden also; creates a different effect and perspective. To me they are different enough  to allow both (as a different stock site did accept both...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brian Kapp said:

What do you think. Will this one I just submitted (without the 'watermark') pass? I have my prediction.  (It is just a question, not meaning to imply anything about the approval process.) The title is: May 28, 2020. Northern Illinois, USA. In a herd of dark brown, black, cattle with ear tags, one peers over the back of another.

image.thumb.png.007701efc2565773d02a3e7d1cf08440.png

 

 

It may be rejected for motion blur/focus. Not sure if it is a serious question or a subtle reference to our current situration as contributors lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Title is confuzing, the other caw peers under,  why is the one peers over better? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You upload those days? Are you with us, or against us? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brian Kapp said:

Funny you should say that. I just had a rejection on the similar basis, where the central object is a seven or so foot tall chicken statue on the edge of someone's pretty large garden. In one shot the statue pretty much fills the frame.  The other is pulled back showing tmuch of the garden also; creates a different effect and perspective. To me they are different enough  to allow both (as a different stock site did accept both...)

Dont I know. Everyone knows it's stupid. I get the premise but when they have been shown numerous peoples portfolios with over 10 pages of swimming pool water, dirt, sand, rocks and those are still active without a blink of an eye. And yet when an advertiser gets shown an advert to sell their product they want all different angles, lighting, colours. Urgh I know. 

Hi we are a stock agency and weve got you covered for any of your needs. No we wont charge you the earth for the pictures you want. We'll almost give them to you 👍. And dont think you're going to get choice here. God no. Our one off shots are so good you dont need choice. It's all about making do here. It's this can do attitude that got us where we are today. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ackab Photography said:

It may be rejected for motion blur/focus. Not sure if it is a serious question or a subtle reference to our current situration as contributors lol

No hidden message intended. Just a sort of test or survey for thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, miliusx said:

You upload those days? Are you with us, or against us? 

Not sure how that is sarcasim or not but either way the expession is witty 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Verdict: rejected for main subject out of focus.

These hands need to use a tripod more often. I improved it post but wasn't sure if it was enough, could be enough. In terms of idea, I thought the central face peering over was cute, but overall maybe needs more cropping to emphasize that.

Anyway, thanks for participating. If you would like to participate in future surveys...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brian Kapp said:

I wondered about the tag aspect. I don't know that tags necessarily translate into who the owner is. But I only read a little about them.

Hi Brian if I understood you correctly about the cow ID tag I worked here in the UK in the dairy industry for years and yes we tagged all the cows infact all livestock for traceability through a government agricultural agency...loved working with cows and sheep sometimes more than people ha ha have a good day...weather here now in England just perfect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, miliusx said:

Title is confuzing, the other caw peers under,  why is the one peers over better? 

Oh, yes, you are right. I actually did not notice the other one, lower right, at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, oleschwander said:

If the focus is on the cow that peers I can't see why not. I f you remove the tag it might even go as commercial.

The only catch is the barbed wire which indicates it's a private property. But a cow is 'just' a cow ... 

I don't believe there is any need to remove the tag. I was actually just talking with a friend, after finding a photo of one of her cows in my archives. She said that she cannot be ID'd from the ear tag. It is just the way that individual farmers track their herds and bloodlines, and is not actually registered anywhere with her name/address or anything along those lines. Her message, "Awes ❤️ but no, nothing identifying. The KRP is K***** R*****'s initials and the number is just a number assigned to that particular female."
 

Cows-9317-Edit.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...