Francisco J Ramos Gallego

For those who have not understood yet (New Earning Rules)

50 minutes ago, makesushi1 said:

well the new system and and old system do not have the same outcome, so its not 4+1 and 3+2 =5, everyone will get a haircut and less revenue with the new system

How do you know this?  Where are you getting your figures from as to how many downloads are at half and how many are at 3x?  I cannot find the data on this and without that data I cannot know.

3 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

How do you know this?  Where are you getting your figures from as to how many downloads are at half and how many are at 3x?  I cannot find the data on this and without that data I cannot know.

maths

4 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

btw this is from a level 4 in their new system, he was making 38 cents a pic now this: 1595070001_Screenshot2020-06-01at19_57_18.png.000ce588ee593fcbeaf425f5524f20a3.png

So, the maths is.... Ss will sell a subscription plan to 750 images a months... The client will download 200 from this plan...

The undownloaded images is pure profit! Great plan....

Fraud forus, but economically profitable for SS. 

I am seriously thinking of desactivating my port... Will give it a few days, but then bye bye...

On 5/27/2020 at 12:59 AM, Dinesh Hukmani said:

Have prepared this table for my understanding. Hope it helps you too.

S.No. Subscription Plan / month Cost per image           Earning            @ 20%
PHOTO
1 5 images - standard license 9.80 1.96
2 5 images - enhanced license 99.50 19.90
3 10 images per month- monthly no contract 4.90 0.98
4 10 images per month- annual with monthly billing 2.90 0.58
5 10 images per month- annual with advance billing 2.49 0.50
6 25 images - standard license 9.16 1.83
7 25 images - enhanced license 89.80 17.96
8 25 images - enhanced license ($ 1699) 67.96 13.59
9 50 images - monthly no contract 2.50 0.50
10 50 images - annual with monthly billing 1.98 0.40
11 50 images - annual with advance billing 1.63 0.33
12 350 images - monthly no contract 0.57 0.11
13 350 images - annual with monthly billing 0.48 0.10
14 350 images - annual with advance billing 0.39 0.08
15 750 images - monthly no contract 0.33 0.07
16 750 images - annual with monthly billing 0.27 0.05
17 750 images - annual with advance billing 0.22 0.04
VIDEO
1 10 video clips - annual with monthly turnover $ 159 per month 15.90 3.18
2 10 video clips - monthly no contract 35.90 7.18
3 10 video clips - annual with advance billing 13.32 2.66
4 20 video clips - annual with monthly billing 9.95 1.99
5 20 video clips - monthly no contract 33.45 6.69
6 20 video clips - annual with advance billing 8.33 1.67

Have you seen reality? People from level 4 to 6 earning 14c from sellings? Are you serious? Are you a scapegoat for shutterstock? or a snitch?

1 hour ago, makesushi1 said:

btw this is from a level 4 in their new system, he was making 38 cents a pic now this: 1595070001_Screenshot2020-06-01at19_57_18.png.000ce588ee593fcbeaf425f5524f20a3.png

This sucks....  Guys I think there's nothing more to complain about this. I've takein my own desitions.... I'm out from shutterstock. I'll wait to obtain my 35 usd (that I guess with this earnings rules it will happen next year... and say FAREWELL mdfks).

Please respet your selves, respect your work, your efforts. Don't fall into fear and make a slave of your selves with this companies that don't care about human capita. This sucks.

12 hours ago, Francisco J Ramos Gallego said:

This sucks....  Guys I think there's nothing more to complain about this. I've takein my own desitions.... I'm out from shutterstock. I'll wait to obtain my 35 usd (that I guess with this earnings rules it will happen next year... and say FAREWELL mdfks).

Please respet your selves, respect your work, your efforts. Don't fall into fear and make a slave of your selves with this companies that don't care about human capita. This sucks.

I agree. I didn’t even get the commission change email, and came here to find out why my sales are now 10c at level 3. And I thought 25c was low (most of my sales), but I was averaging 60c. I’ll give it 2-4 weeks to see if I do the same or better, but I’m not optimistic. I will probably end up disabling my port or leaving a couple of low performers up just so I have access to the keyword generator. It’s the only thing SS does better than Adobe and Alamy.

Yes we have understand new rules. Is same as rest off the world and China . They selling alot cheap stuff to the hole world and make money and company going down ho made good work in Europe for ex. No photographer will upload good photo anymore and in end Shutterstock will have only shit left  in stock no one wants. 

This is just abusive... I have been working for 3 years towards improving my earnings as your sales and downloads increased and now you are ignoring all that work and putting the counter to 0 every year... Most of the time I sale photos that your editors have refused once or three times before for stupid reasons... there is no criteria... and now this? Too much... I am stopping... If we all did the same ... Good luck Cheater Stock...! 

I’m temporarily disabling sales of all my content until I have a chance to think about this. I worked for a company that was subscribed to adobe stock & we rarely used it, so it just accumulated downloads every month - money in their pocket. 

You can simply change your account to not allow them to sell licenses to your photos until you have time to consider the ramifications of their new pricing model to your business and possibly research other platforms... maybe if enough people do that & customers start getting frustrated they’ll get the message.

I’m temporarily disabling sales of all my content until I have a chance to think about this. I worked for a company that was subscribed to adobe stock & we rarely used it, so it just accumulated downloads every month - money in their pocket. 

You can simply change your account to not allow them to sell licenses to your photos until you have time to consider the ramifications of their new pricing model to your business and possibly research other platforms... maybe if enough people do that & customers start getting frustrated they’ll get the message.

On 5/31/2020 at 12:18 PM, chyworks said:

Does anyone has a complete understanding of the new earning rules yet?

If not i will wait until tomorrow. 😅

Yes the new rules is you not get any money. 0.10 will be most off all photos you sell. Is already started at my photos. Same photo for China price

On 6/2/2020 at 10:02 PM, Gerhard Pettersson said:

Yes the new rules is you not get any money. 0.10 will be most off all photos you sell. Is already started at my photos. Same photo for China price

Partly i agreed with you on the sheer volume of 0.10. Just by my initial impression alone, it suggested photo was sold for china price.

Still have about 6 hours to close the gap between but let's just assume the 3rd day is over now.

The stats comparison between June 2019 and June this year for the first 3 days shown income drops of 10% earnings. In term of download numbers it was 155 dls (2019) vs 178 this year. So i can't say it was a drastical drop in my case.

You have a gorgeous looking portfolio. How's your stats comparison fairing?

35 minutes ago, RachelKolokoffHopper said:

Hi Robert, wondering if it is ok to post this chart on the Stock Contributors Coalition page on Facebook. Thanks.

Sorry, but this chart is worth nothing.

There will never be a usable table. And that's probably what shutterstock wants. so that you understand what i mean, here you'll find an insight into reality - and it deviates from the theory very much. Her you can see facts:

55 minutes ago, RachelKolokoffHopper said:

Hi Robert, wondering if it is ok to post this chart on the Stock Contributors Coalition page on Facebook. Thanks.

Hi, here is an unofficial one I created based on publicly available package data (assuming US buyers - not sure if prices change elsewhere) and percentages. Yellow and orange highlights are just showing my levels, and the grey cells were me trying to show how previous lowest tier subscription payment corresponds to lowest tier subscription payments under new pay structure

shutterstock_unofficial_pay.thumb.jpg.21b8fabc5275223e9c426c7f7ed3f696.jpg

On 6/1/2020 at 8:36 PM, kuvona said:

So, the maths is.... Ss will sell a subscription plan to 750 images a months... The client will download 200 from this plan...

The undownloaded images is pure profit! Great plan....

Fraud forus, but economically profitable for SS. 

I am seriously thinking of desactivating my port... Will give it a few days, but then bye bye...

that's true. I had been buyer in two small companies, who needed only occasionally images. We bought OD packages, but this package has limited valid period. In both cases, we did not fully downloaded what we had paid. The rest of the money stayed in SS - pure profit and they keep silent. I think there are many of this cases both with subscriptions and ODs.