Sign in to follow this  
Eric Urquhart

Only one way

Lots and lots of chatter about disabling our accounts in an effort to protest our displeasure with the new payout structure. 

Well I hope you'll are serious, because it is the only way they will listen. Those are my images, those are your images that the subscribers are buying. You and I hold the copy write, not Shutterstock! They literally have NO product without us. We supply their entire business! What's next? We pay to be able to upload?? 

Something needs to happen.

June 1, let's all disable our ports. If you know a contributor who does not visit this forum, let them know. It needs to be big to have any kind of impact. Let's do this!

2 hours ago, Eric Urquhart said:

Lots and lots of chatter about disabling our accounts in an effort to protest our displeasure with the new payout structure. 

Well I hope you'll are serious, because it is the only way they will listen. Those are my images, those are your images that the subscribers are buying. You and I hold the copy write, not Shutterstock! They literally have NO product without us. We supply their entire business! What's next? We pay to be able to upload?? 

Something needs to happen.

June 1, let's all disable our ports. If you know a contributor who does not visit this forum, let them know. It needs to be big to have any kind of impact. Let's do this!

Disabled my video port yesterday, disabling my image port June 1st.  You are correct: this is the only leverage we have...the power of "No".

The answer on the following message came via chat in which a also contributor just told me how to cancel my account!

Hi there,

I am a contributor since 2013 and I have earned more than 34 000 U$
You know what your share was for the time of our cooperation.

I am not accepting the new rules, especially the fact every January the accounts are reset and everybody starts with 15%
it might sound good regarding YOUR earnings, but is on the costs of your hard working contributors.
The argument you want to contributors to submit fresh content, which is hot to day and probably dead by tomorrow.
I am submitting mainly underwater stock footage ...high quality content.
This is a market which always works, even and especially in times of change.

But you are setting the rules and I simply cannot accept them.
I never accepted exclusivity deals ...and what just happens is exactly the reason, ...never ever get dependent on one agency!
I am selling on pond 5, adobe stocks, naturefootage, framepool and 2 smaller ones, who give by the way a better share than the 65/35

By withdrawing my footage from shutterstock will make me more money with my other partners. Why should I accept 15% ?
Why should I kill my own business with other partners?

If you are not coming up with a new fresh idea ...a fair share as we agreed on before, ... my portfolio will be taken off the platform by the 1st of June.

By the way, I have another complaint active.
My experience recently, ...the staff reviewing content is highly incompetent or probably not motivated for reasons you know better than I do.

My opinion, you are killing your own business!

“Be the change you want to see in the world”
here the answer from Steve shutterstock ;O)
Hi Peter

I'm Stephen and I'm a Shutterstock contributor and expert user.
I don't have access to your images, account or your personal data but I am here to help answer your questions.

To completely delete your account and all personal information send your request to:
Privacy@shutterstock.com

best regards
Steve

The answer on the following message came via chat in which a also contributor just told me how to cancel my account!

Hi there,

I am a contributor since 2013 and I have earned more than 34 000 U$
You know what your share was for the time of our cooperation.

I am not accepting the new rules, especially the fact every January the accounts are reset and everybody starts with 15%
it might sound good regarding YOUR earnings, but is on the costs of your hard working contributors.
The argument you want to contributors to submit fresh content, which is hot to day and probably dead by tomorrow.
I am submitting mainly underwater stock footage ...high quality content.
This is a market which always works, even and especially in times of change.

But you are setting the rules and I simply cannot accept them.
I never accepted exclusivity deals ...and what just happens is exactly the reason, ...never ever get dependent on one agency!
I am selling on pond 5, adobe stocks, naturefootage, framepool and 2 smaller ones, who give by the way a better share than the 65/35

By withdrawing my footage from shutterstock will make me more money with my other partners. Why should I accept 15% ?
Why should I kill my own business with other partners?

If you are not coming up with a new fresh idea ...a fair share as we agreed on before, ... my portfolio will be taken off the platform by the 1st of June.

By the way, I have another complaint active.
My experience recently, ...the staff reviewing content is highly incompetent or probably not motivated for reasons you know better than I do.

My opinion, you are killing your own business!

“Be the change you want to see in the world”
here the answer from Steve shutterstock ;O)
Hi Peter

I'm Stephen and I'm a Shutterstock contributor and expert user.
I don't have access to your images, account or your personal data but I am here to help answer your questions.

To completely delete your account and all personal information send your request to:
Privacy@shutterstock.com

best regards
Steve